It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is Possible The Cali Swarm is Volcanic Activity from the Salton Buttes Volcanic Field

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Awesome!
IMHO when you pull up Google Earth and look at it, you can't help but seeing it.
I agree that the possibility of an event like that happening would be pretty miniscule, but not inconceivable I suppose. Water tends to take it's natural path no matter what gets thrown in it's way.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

Lex Luther was on to something.

discussion
In the original 1978 Superman movie Lex Luther plans to split apart the San Andreas fault-line using Nuclear armaments - the resulting explosion destined to send the entire Californian coastline and its inhabitants to murky ocean depths.

Don't want to side track this thread, but do you think human involvement could trigger such an event.
Perhapse influence already unstable volcanic activities. Not HAARP, but drilling, bombs and strategic explosions.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Oh for sure.
I think that Mike's been eluding to that in his comments about the geothermal plants in the area.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A trip to ATS just wouldn't be complete without a little conspiracy right? I was going to add this to my last post to avoid a double post, but the 4 hour window has passed.
The warnings from San Onofre seen here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
fit in quite nicely with what this guy is saying in his video.

I'm not a big subscriber, but it's worth taking a look at. I think that it's good to know what's floating around out there.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Whilst reading this thread and discussing with a co-worker, a thought occurred I feel my be useful:

~If indeed this seismic activity is volcanic related, then a careful 'eye' on the water level of the Salton Sea may be in order. Intense underground heat could / would cause the water to evaporate. Any 'abnormal' drop in water level may help to validate this theory.~

Salton Sea

edit on 28/8/12 by ThatGuy45 because: correction

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

I saw mention of that a few days ago.
I did a quick search, but was unable to come up with any data. Hoping that someone can provide us with some.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Anyone notice the recent EQs in the Sequoia National Forest near Sherman Peak. About 40 miles due east is the coso volcanic field. The Coso Volcsnic field is similar to the Salton Sea with both mud pots and geothermal power. The Devils Kitchen infact is its name. It's also linked with close by China Lake Wepons Station.
Souce

Bubbling mudpots are abundant in the Coso Hot Springs on the eastern margin of the Coso volcanic field. The hot springs occur along faults at the margins of a horst capped by rhyolitic rocks and are associated with fumaroles, mudpots, and widespread areas of hydrothermally altered ground.

A cooperative program of the U.S. Navy China Lake Naval Weapons Station and private industry has developed geothermal power at the Coso volcanic field. The first well was drilled in 1981 and production now exceeds 250 megawatts, greatly reducing energy costs to the Navy and providing additional electricity to the southern California power grid. This view from the NW shows turbine plants and production well ponds at Coso. Devils Kitchen, a fumarolic area with extensively hydrothermally altered ground, appears at the upper right.

Perhaps the swarms are making their way up California.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A new swarm of quakes has been occuring at Obsidian Butte with the largest being a 2.9 on Feb 7, 2013.
The quakes are very near the surface. Perhaps there were more plumes.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Is activity starting up here again, Source

Monday April 29 2013, 17:57:21 UTC 5 minutes ago Southern California 1.2 5.6 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:47:30 UTC 15 minutes ago Southern California 1.5 21.3 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:46:39 UTC 16 minutes ago Southern California 2.0 1.5 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:45:14 UTC 17 minutes ago Southern California 2.0 5.1 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:40:51 UTC 22 minutes ago Southern California 1.5 26.3 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:39:26 UTC 23 minutes ago Central California 2.0 5.4 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:36:58 UTC 26 minutes ago Southern California 2.2 0.4 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:34:56 UTC 28 minutes ago Southern California 2.6 1.2 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:34:34 UTC 28 minutes ago Southern California 2.4 25.0 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:33:59 UTC 29 minutes ago Southern California 2.2 11.8 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:33:44 UTC 29 minutes ago Southern California 2.9 2.1 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:32:58 UTC 30 minutes ago Southern California 1.1 14.6 USGS Feed Detail
Monday April 29 2013, 17:32:09 UTC 31 minutes ago Southern California 3.0 0.5 USGS Feed Detail

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

[color=sky blue] Certainly appears that the Salton Sea area is hiccuping and belching again. Lots of 2.0s today. Hopefully, TrueAmerican will pop into the thread and give us an update.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Hmm, here is a pic of the last 30 days activity:

Sourced from:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Looks like we got us a swarm thar.

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled and remembering this thread, cause I'd long forgotten about it. Appreciate the update. I suppose I should see about seismic monitoring in the area. Maybe someone should keep an eye on it, and check some spectrograms for anything ominous. But those quakes would need to get bigger I think before any alerts go out. Hmm, got me curious now if any long period events have been happening. I doubt it- probably would have heard about it through my contacts. I seem to remember seismic monitoring not easily accessible there. I think it's owned by a geothermal company or two, but not sure. Will have to check. May take me a couple days for a further update.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join