It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Chicken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Keep it simple, stupid? Right? WRONG. There is no rhyme or reason for this chicken revolution. The inspiration for this "pollo loco" is that there is no point, other than to split the universe a few more times by using leftovers and unusual ingredients to stuff the cavity of the chicken. On the outside instead of using oil, I used pulverized garlic, a pinch of corn starch, and then seasoned liberally with coarse sea salt, fresh cayenne (dried,ground) and pepper.

Pollo Morono
By HH

I will just list this version I made today and then write down a few variables or things I've tried in the past. The inspiration is that chicken is so versatile and you can use almost everything, it's a blank canvas and I'm no good at drawing;0
Use whatever is in season or left in the fridge..

Stuffing Ingredients: crushed pistachios, shallots (quartered), leftover bacon (cooked/diced)leftover #ake mushrooms, leftover sweet corn, leftover smoked/grilled jalapenos, goat cheese, poppyseed bun (cubed) green apple (diced)
organic cherries (diced) thyme, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper.

Stuffing Variavles: Cippolini,Purina luv "salmon flavor", capers, pineapple, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, grapes, tomato dice, blackberry quartered,blue cheese etc

Anyways, feel free to add your unusual ingredients or recipe.
Peace
edit on 26-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Excellent,almost every thing you mentioned PLUS a can of beer shoved up there and set upright on the BBQ...on a low heat of course.Don't want it squawkin

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

Excellent,almost every thing you mentioned PLUS a can of beer shoved up there and set upright on the BBQ...on a low heat of course.Don't want it squawkin

For sure, drunk chicken I believe it's called?. Even setting a chicken on a cedar plank with medium heat works well enough if you're lAzy
Or shallow fried chicken ( warning: gas stove and splattering oil= sunburn)

My next project is potato battered, deep fried chicken

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

potato battered, deep fried chicken

Almost time to open up a bar and grill....left over chicken scraps wrapped in bacon dipped in potato batter and deep fried...yum

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My mom recently made some homemade pesto but she used collard greens from her garden instead of the traditional method. The pesto was nutty with a slight basil parsley flavor. I took some chicken cutlets (thins pieces of chicken) and mixed the pesto with some olive oil then I brushed it on the chicken and cooked it in a bamboo steamer. I made some fresh steamed veggies to go with it. It was really good.

I need my mom's recipe for her collard green pesto because I would use this on many other things and add different ingredients.

Good thing she gave me a jar of it.
I'm going to try it on some fresh Mahi next.

On a side note about chicken, it is my favorite food item besides chocolate.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable

potato battered, deep fried chicken

Almost time to open up a bar and grill....left over chicken scraps wrapped in bacon dipped in potato batter and deep fried...yum

work it gurl

So you cook to kill time as well? At this point i have so many products prepared, i feel overhwhelmed. This weekend hobby has morphed into something epic, and hungry for powderized skulls . Its alive!
WEEKEND WARRIOR THE BRAND IS BORN

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
My mom recently made some homemade pesto but she used collard greens from her garden instead of the traditional method. The pesto was nutty with a slight basil parsley flavor. I took some chicken cutlets (thins pieces of chicken) and mixed the pesto with some olive oil then I brushed it on the chicken and cooked it in a bamboo steamer. I made some fresh steamed veggies to go with it. It was really good.

I need my mom's recipe for her collard green pesto because I would use this on many other things and add different ingredients.

Good thing she gave me a jar of it.
I'm going to try it on some fresh Mahi next.

On a side note about chicken, it is my favorite food item besides chocolate.

sOUNDS GOOD! Mothers and grandmothers always have lifesaving recipes that are versatile and speak to the nature of our "get it fast" society.

If you love chicken so much, how about candied/frosted rootbeer chicken wangs?
I'm swangin

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

What is potato batter? Sounds like something I would like to try and make. Is it like a batter you would put on fish or chicken?

top topics

join