It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


HELP ME ! I'm Scared For HER Kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
I noticed in her email she talks about God and prayer. Would she be open to talking to a priest/minister/rabbi or whatever? Those people deal with all kinds of personal problems and might be able to suggest something. Also, I'm thinking someone like that might not seem threatening to her.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM

Can i ask you some questions.

Is there any diagnosed Mental Health issues in your Family?

You mentioned she takes medication, do you know what it is? Is it for a Mental Health diagnosis that you know of? Or for something else?

Has she ever exhibited anything similar to this before, or anything Mental Health related?

Is she married, have a partner or is she single?

Has she suffered any kind of emotional or physical trauma recently that you know of?

Do you know if she has ever been or might still be an illicit drug user?

What is her current dress appearence like and her personal hygiene. Has this changed dramatically to what she usually looks like. I.e. either dishevelled and mismatched, seems like she's worn clothes for a few days, no make up, greasy hair etc. Or overly dressed, way too much make up then usual, or badly put on make up. Or is it still the same?

When you saw her was she overly excited, couldn't stand or sit still for long, talking fast and tripping over her words, going off in tangents and not quite getting to the point of what she is trying to explain?

Is there any indication that she is not caring for her children?

edit on 26-8-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:40 AM
Talk to her children. They are teenagers, they will be aware of what is happening and can provide clarification.

The meds you mentioned, any idea what the names and dosage are? She might be having a reaction, or stopped taking the meds.

If you continue to feel her behavior is concerning, you might need to talk to her doctor and discuss your fears.

As an absolute last resort, consider calling adult protective services.

Good luck to you both.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
I work as a psych nurse and from what you are saying it looks like a pschotic episode, especially with all of the paranoid and perseverating stuff going on in that letter. Paranoid schiz is probably the hardest to deal with because they so firmy believe in their delusions and yes she may turn on you if you start playing a role in her story.

Just be careful when dealing with her not to entertain her delusions in any way . Don't go along with the story in any way " oh really , so who are these spies?". Most importantly NO DRUGS is she is a user of some sort ESPECIALLY METH!!!!

Noone wants to do it to a loved one mate , but if she doesn't get treatment of some sort then this could end badly for her . If you have no family history of schizophrenia and this is a first episode then chances of a full and complete recovery are good .In this condition she needs antipsychotics and sedation in the short term to get on top of the psychosis ASAP ,if left untreated it can become residual ... permanent and chronic .

What do you think triggered it ? Stressful events? Drugs ? Trauma of some sort? Whatever it may be , try to remove that or any high stimulus as much as is possible in the meantime. Somewhere quiet and boring ideally. She will probably be resistant to it which is why I suggest hospitalization , but if you are going to opt against it , then can I suggest at least going to a doctor or accessing some meds somehow. Psychosis wont just go away like a cold but drug inducedpsychosis can resolve at times.

Hope it works out for you mate . Happy to answer any questions for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:50 AM
Sorry, but General Conspiracies is not the place for this kind of discussion.

ATS members and staff are not in a position to make value judgements on third parties mental condition.

If you have genuine concerns for someones health please contact the appropriate civil authorities.

Thread closed.

top topics
<< 1   >>

log in