It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Election will be decided by Latinos.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread
wrong it will be decided by blacks

Thats right...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

The people that make up the electoral college are nominated or appointed by the political parties, if the libertarian has little to no electoral members appointed they have no chance. I spoke with Ron Paul on this matter 9 years ago, he clearly understood my point; and said he'd try to remove the Electoral College, if he could manage to get elected. This is why he has went back to the Republican party...there's simply little to no electoral support outside of the two historical parties. Without those electorate votes; the chances to be elected president are slim to none.

New Mexico is the only state where it is a felony, to vote against the popular vote. Every other state it is a slap on the wrist; as the maximum fine is 100 dollars...if there is a penalty. In these states there's no penalty what so ever:

No Legal Requirement

Electors in these States are not bound by State Law to cast their vote for a specific candidate:

ARIZONA
ARKANSAS
DELAWARE
GEORGIA
IDAHO
ILLINOIS
INDIANA
IOWA
KANSAS
KENTUCKY
LOUISIANA
MINNESOTA
MISSOURI
NEW HAMPSHIRE
NEW JERSEY
NEW YORK
NORTH DAKOTA
PENNSYLVANIA
RHODE ISLAND
SOUTH DAKOTA
TENNESSEE
TEXAS
UTAH
WEST VIRGINIA

edit on 27-8-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I'm just trying to educate people on how the Presidential election actually works that don't know, and whom the majority of chosen Electoral College members will be in 2012. I'm not pointing a finger at anything to do with race just the facts, if the Electoral College was going to be a majority of Humming birds in 2012, the title would have said: The 2012 election will be decided by Humming birds.

Everyone's vote on election day is a survey. Sure if there is a very wide margin between our survey, and who the electors voted for they will take a closer look...in the 1970's they almost removed the Electoral College altogether.

The elections of 1876, 1888, and 2000 produced an Electoral College winner who did not receive the plurality of the nationwide popular vote. In 1824, there were six states in which electors were legislatively appointed, rather than popularly elected, so the true national popular vote is uncertain. When no candidate received a majority of electoral votes in 1824, the election was decided by the House of Representatives and so could be considered distinct from the latter three elections in which all of the states had popular selection of electors. (source: en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)#Irrelevancy_of_national_popular_vote )

Here is the link showing that the majority of Electoral College members will be Latin American this coming election: www.naleo.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

As much as I hate citing Yahoo as a source: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Mr. Confusion checking in here. Do you think the "electorate" is the same as the members of the Electoral College? Neither of the last two links you've posted seem to say that Latinos (and when that particular community is done with the word, can they ship it back to the Romans, please) have any particular number of members of the Electoral College.

Are we talking about two different things? What's your source for the make up of the Electoral College?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The whole idea behind setting up the Electoral College, was so that every one could be represented in the Presidential elections. In those days it was difficult to get messages around, you had to go by horse back to deliver messages or try and get a news paper to know what was happening in the world. In that world of no technology, it made sense, to have the Electoral College because everyone's vote couldn't be counted in those days.

Today, everyone in the world is wired together and can communicate in real time all over the globe. With today's technology every single vote can be counted. So the Electoral College, is no longer needed, it is now a farce of buying votes and corruption, and needs to be removed.

It's as simple as that...we are an MP3 player system, electing President with a wax cylinder phonograph format.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Sources are typically not easy to find because you can know the victor before the election takes place, since the Electors are chosen ahead of the election by a few months...up until a few months away it is typically only speculation. But as it stands right now, it looks as the Latin American population will hold the most of the electorate. Here's another source explaining the topic further, please be warned it does divide people into color using the term minority etc.: www.brookings.edu...
There is also more news coming down the pipe with each passing day as things get closer; the less speculative it becomes. So new sources on whom the electors are will keep growing as January gets closer, but as of right now Latin Americans hold the majority.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

I'm just trying to educate people on how the Presidential election actually works that don't know, and whom the majority of chosen Electoral College members will be in 2012. I'm not pointing a finger at anything to do with race just the facts, if the Electoral College was going to be a majority of Humming birds in 2012, the title would have said: The 2012 election will be decided by Humming birds.

Here is the link showing that the majority of Electoral College members will be Latin American this coming election: www.naleo.org...

Your link, from the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund, states:

As the nation’s fastest growing electorate, Latino voters will determine the outcome of the 2012 Presidential contest and key races throughout the nation. This discussion focuses on the critical role of the Latino vote in Election 2012, and efforts to mobilize the Latino electorate. Panelists will also address the opportunities for Latinos to gain new seats in Congress, and efforts to combat state voter suppression legislation.

This article does not address who will be seated as members of the Electoral College in 2012. That is yet to be determined and will be decided after the vote is counted in November. That link is sponsored by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) Educational Fund and is hoping to encourage more Latino voters to participate stating that the Latino population in America is a growing and important voting bloc among general American voters and suggesting they will play a decisive role in the outcome of our upcoming elections. This general electorate should not be confused with our Electoral College.

The general rules for determining the Electoral College members:

www.archives.gov...

Who selects the Electors?

The process for selecting Electors varies throughout the United States. Generally, the political parties nominate Electors at their State party conventions or by a vote of the party’s central committee in each State. Each candidate will have their own unique slate of potential Electors as a result of this part of the selection process.

Electors are often chosen to recognize service and dedication to their political party. They may be State-elected officials, party leaders, or persons who have a personal or political affiliation with the Presidential candidate.

On Election Day, the voters in each State choose the Electors by casting votes for the presidential candidate of their choice. The Electors’ names may or may not appear on the ballot below the name of the candidates running for President, depending on the procedure in each State. The winning candidate in each State—except in Nebraska and Maine, which have proportional distribution of the Electors—is awarded all of the State’s Electors. In Nebraska and Maine, the state winner receives two Electors and the winner of each congressional district receives one Elector. This system permits the Electors from Nebraska and Maine to be awarded to more than one candidate.

No hummingbirds in the Electoral College nor likely will it contain a predominance of Latinos either, though there are likely to be a few.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You're getting there...but not quite home yet. The consensus among the political parties for the 2012 race; was to choose electors for appointment to the College, that represent the Latin American population. As it stands now Latin Americans hold the majority of appointments to be voted in as electors.

This thread not only, was meant to educate how the system actually works...but to be predictive of the out come based on the appointments of electors to be voted in for the task. It is vital to some people to know this type of information. As the stock markets in certain sectors change depending on what political party holds office, being able to predict the outcome is vital to those vested in those markets. Based on a Presidents candidates running platform and policies, all sorts of useful information can be gleaned ahead of time.

I am glad you re-posted some links; it should help more readers, learn how the system for electing the President actually works.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yes I have a theory on that. I think they're best bet is to vote in this guy. If he was good enough for Madonna then maybe he has some potential still...

edit on 27-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Weird.... the house with the pool at the very end.... isn't that the same place they filmed Poker Face?
edit on 27-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

You're getting there...but not quite home yet. The consensus among the political parties for the 2012 race; was to choose electors for appointment to the College, that represent the Latin American population. As it stands now Latin Americans hold the majority of appointments to be voted in as electors.

We will know in a few months how well that turns out, after the Electors for this coming election are seated. Of California's election year 2000 Electors there were twelve of the 54 with Latino surnames, which could be a bit out of proportion to the state's demographics. This year California will have 55 Electors so we might expect to see that number being more than doubled, 28??

Makes sense on other levels too. If correct this may provide us a clue about why.

www.ft.com...

Over the past five years or so, Mexican companies have poured billions
of dollars into the US as they ramp up the purchase of assets that range
from banks to broadcasting companies and building-material suppliers.

edit on 27-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Ah ha, there it is congratulations sir
Someone finally gets it and understands. After the first 10 or so posts; I was very disheartened, that no one was understanding that:

1. This is not a racist post (perhaps more thought could have gone into the headline. I apologize for any offensive feelings it may have caused readers)

2. How the President is even elected.(Indirect election; means, your vote is a survey not an actual vote, the Electoral College actually decides the president, and few penalties if any if they don't vote with their district's majority)

3. That I didn't mean by all voting Latin Americans; like the rest of Americans that take the survey every 4 years; but the political party appointment goal for electors to be mainly Latin American. Latin Americans are an under voiced segment of Americans in politics, the appointment goal is to help get their voices heard.

But Erongaricuaro, you have gotten the message and understand, so I am glad at least one poster has.

I was starting to fear that the thread may have been a futility to have even posted. Although, it has opened my eyes to how some ATS members, just react to a headline and do a hit and run, and don't even bother to read the post or read the provided links. Thank you Mods for keeping things civil

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
UPDATE: This just in; in an interview with Des Moines Register. Obama stated:

"Since this is off the record, I will just be very blunt. Should I win a second term, a big reason I will win a second term is because the Republican nominee and the Republican Party have so alienated the fastest-growing demographic group in the country, the Latino community,"

More on this story...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join