It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ready-Made Anti-War Cliche Model

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hi. I'm a ready-made cliche anti-war protestor Vet. Let me just get my DD-214, throw some patches on my fatigues, and off we go to the National Mall.

Sorry dude, but this is not going to change opinions. You debase your argument with your appearance. It's like you saw some movie about 60's protests and decided to jump right on into a pre-made concept. No one these days is going to be shocked to see someone in a fatigue shirt with patches, it's been like a fashion for years.

I guess this is kind of like style advice for war protesters, but it was kind of harsh to see this dude acting like this. People are no longer caring about sloppy clothes and peace symbols on fatigues.

People are shocked to see clean-cut GQ looking guys carrying anti-war signs or handing out literature, not wannabe hippies with bad posture saying 'War's bad, dude.'

[edit on 13-10-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
This guy looks like a fool - did someone not tell him that we have passed the year 2000?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The Few, The Proud, The Marines.

Be nice to perhaps hear or read what he said. Maybe he recounted some epic combat he was involved in that caused him to see the light. Seeing a guy several metres away turned to goo might do that to ya.

Meh. Well he is probably recently out, cos that isn't the "choc chip" camo seen during Gulf War 1 or Somalia. When did the newer desert cam come in? Without the cookie crumbs on it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hey don't be so judgmental, I kind of like the outfit, I had plenty of my husband all camis, blues and kakis, I will love to protest the war in Washington in my bell bottoms and hippy hat.

What is wrong with that? I was born in the 60s.

top topics

join