It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS Billboard: 'SEALs Removed One Threat To America, Remove The Other In November'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Alot of the anti=Obama regime believe that Osama was dead a long time ago and don't "buy" that Obama "I called the shot. I killed Osama." crap.

The only thing the emperor can claim as a "good".

I think removing Obama in any way imaginable to anyone would be a good thing in November.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
I think removing Obama in any way imaginable to anyone would be a good thing in November.

This is why that ad is dangerous.

Luckily, they fixed it (thanks, Wrabbit).

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Wasn't Obama the guy who removed the "threat" in the first place?

This billboard infers seal team 6 took it upon themselves to waltz into Pakistan and kill Osama of their own accord. Everyone celebrates them for what they did, but they could have not have done anything without obamas approval.....

This billboard is so irrational, it says" let's remove the one guy from office who was responsible for taking out our nations biggest enemy" Last time I checked bush had 7 years and couldn't do it.....

You'd think all those who screamed for osamas blood, would be doing the happy dance that Obama took him out. That should be the one thing republicans respect him for, instead they give all the credit to the seals, who serve under obama. He is their commander in chief, and even if you can't stand any other thing about obama at least give him credit for getting that one thing right, republicans.

I think Obama is weak in many areas, but you cannot say this guy is weak on national security or defense. So, throw him a friggin bone republicans.......bash him on healthcare, govt spending, the weak economy, but this billboard is beyond stupid.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
seriously - the billboard says remove him in NOVEMBER -- as in VOTE him out!

Does anyone see why this thread is so controversial? No one wants to back down - no one wants to listen to the other side of the story. We all say "I have my opinion and it is important. Your opinion doesn't matter." Remind you of anyone - hmm maybe Congress? Politicians in general?

IMHO this is how we got into this mess. Perhaps lightening up might be a step in the right direction.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Wow........let's imply to kill the president and people actually support it. Anyone that likes the sign is a terrorist. I hate Romney, and if this sign was towards him it would still be disgusting.

Did I miss something here? Where exactly does it imply killing the President?

Didn't even come across my mind when I first saw it and still doesn't. It is saying to make sure Obama doesn't get into office again with the ability to continue terrorizing Nations and Killing people at will. "Remove the other in November" covers that.

Funny how some here are upset because they believe it's about killing a Prez but no one has even argued the reference to him being a terrorist.

Peace

edit on 24-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

There's no way you didn't get that. I thought that's why you posted it, in fact.

Not at all.

The reason I posted it is BECAUSE I read it as it was meant...Get him out of office in November.

That's it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
"Remove" does not mean kill, because politicians are always being "removed" from office and no one dies, except maybe their egos.

The wording has been changed from the original image, but the message is the same because Obama is indeed a threat to America.
It's up to the voters to do their thing, that's the way it's always been.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija
Wasn't Obama the guy who removed the "threat" in the first place?

No, actually it was Valerie Jarrett who gave Obama permission to finally kill Osama.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Okay then, give Valerie some credit! But it still came from obamas people. It was not the seals who did this on their own, waltzing in like Rambos to save the day....they are servicemen, doing their duty as tasked by their superiors.

I was just trying to make the point the billboard doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Obama has trouble reading a teleprompter. He couldn't make a decision if his life depended on it. He only voted "present" during his 1 and a half years in the senate.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

That's why he was a lawyer for years? Graduated from the best schools?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
There is no way that implies to kill the President lol wtf...

It signifies in my view to use your voting power to remove him IN NOVEMBER.

Keyword here is November, implies VOTING.

I remember Texas removing a sitting President in November before. 1963 was not even an election year.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
We are such a classless society...an I do not mean as in upper class, middle class, etc. I mean it in terms of low rent, vulgar disrespect. There was a time when this stuff was out of bounds. We may not have liked our political leaders, but we did not fantasize and joke about their murder. What do you expect though, this is Texas, the proud home and epicenter of American ignorance and belligerence where, and this is fact, the State School Board have recommended that critical thinking skills be REMOVED from the public school curriculum because they deem it a threat to authority.

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education: Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

WAPO article

...by the way, "fixed beliefs" translates into "religious beliefs."

Yes, my Euopean, Aussie and Canuck friends, THIS is how bad it has become here.

I am on a full court press to raise my kids to escape this quickly deteriorating cesspool of a country. I have them in a school where 1/2 their instruction is in a foreign tongue (since pre-school, my oldest is in middle school) I will send them overseas for college, given the ability.

In the U.S. It will Dickensesque in a generation, with children beggars on the streets being ignored by the well-heeled and harassed by cops in tactical gear. Of course, the Christian churches will be even bigger then.
edit on 25-8-2012 by pajoly because: add

edit on 25-8-2012 by pajoly because: fix link

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is why America is doomed.

This is not how intelligent adults should behave, especially in politics. America has become a nation of soundbites and emotive partisan BS, whoever is the most offensive and idiotic wins the game.

I don't think Americans actually understand how this is viewed around the majority of the planet. We're all kind of looking at you and shaking our heads in amazement.

Comparing your own president to a terrorist? Wow, just f'ing wow!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I believe if people like you dominated the landscape, we would still be in Europe...

Stalin would still be in power...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The government in the US certainly does promote and condone terrorism...how can you be so obtuse?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Here comes the right wing cheerleaders who are going to try and convince everyone it doesn't mean to kill...just you know, remove from office.

Here comes the left wing cheerleader RealSpoke, who is going to try to convince everyone it means to kill his guy Obama ... when it clearly says no such thing. Predictable.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by detachedindividual

The government in the US certainly does promote and condone terrorism...how can you be so obtuse?

What does your statement have to do with this?

Under Bush, the USA created the Patriot Act, invaded Iraq and Afghanistan based on lies, began the bailing out of banks and corporations...

Yet Obama is the one singled out by Republicans as being a "terrorist"?

I don't like the actions of the US government any more than the next guy. I think Obama has been the most disappointing world leader in my lifetime. I also don't think very highly of my own government either.
I am not claiming that Obama is a saint. After all, he's continuing the Bush program of assassinations by drone strike on foreign soil.

However, this simply points out the utter hypocrisy of Republicans. Many of us can look at both parties and see them as corrupt copies of each other, doing the bidding of others we haven't ever seen. Intelligent people can look at the actions of all US governments (and many others over the years around the world) and see that - aside from the occasional minor alteration in script - they are all continuing the same process as their opponents. It doesn't matter if the president is left or right, they have their orders and they will carry them out.

That just makes this kind of political insanity - verging on threats - even more mind-numbingly idiotic.

If I could have one wish right now, I would wish that the national IQ level of the US would increase by 50%.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Wow........let's imply to kill the president and people actually support it. Anyone that likes the sign is a wannabe terrorist. I hate Romney, and if this sign was towards him it would still be disgusting.

edit on 24-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

It was quite popular when Bush was president and ATS usually supported it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
Ahhhhhh really. I hope most of the comments about this sign are fueled by partasisim and not that you are not smart enough to see the infered meaning of voting in November. Really has the left gone that dumb? It amazes me how every time the worst is infered.

well...let's see...first black president, racism in the south, he's foreign, 66% of republicans believes he wan't born here....yeah...no dot connecting there, right?
everyone knows the seal team didn't vote Osama bin laden out of office, they fired bullets into him...for you not to see the connection, is unblieveable.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Wow........let's imply to kill the president and people actually support it. Anyone that likes the sign is a wannabe terrorist. I hate Romney, and if this sign was towards him it would still be disgusting.

edit on 24-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

It was quite popular when Bush was president and ATS usually supported it.

ATS? this is about a huge billboard by the side of a highway, not some conspirecy website. there are plenty of websites that imply, or actually say, that they want to put Obama in the grave.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join