It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“North Korea could conduct a third nuclear weapon test within as little as two weeks…”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
There is speculation that North Korea is going to test another nuclear weapon. The last few tests were small, although the media really pumped them up. They were smaller than the ones dropped on Japan during World War II, very small in the nuclear world. Yet, any nuclear test is major news. North Korea may do a test because of its failed missile test and is seen as a way for Kim Jung-un to enhance his credentials as the dear leader. It could though push nations like Japan and South Korea to seek their own nukes. Scary:

thediplomat.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

Is this similar to Iraq’s "ability" to lunch weapons of mass destruction within 45 minute of the order being given??

news.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry... not defending North Korea, with its atrocious human rights record... but also not going to believe the story’s that get pumped out from the US, Britain and other Allies. Especially not after the Iraq debacle.

Peace

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Muckster But North Korea is the country closest to our Iraqi war, lies. They do have form you know, and on just about every count! Yet strangely enough… Even now, we haven’t discovered reason to actually invade them!

Just as Iraq & Libya confirm the best way (for an imperfect country) to provoke a war is get rid of WMD’s, North Korea confirms the best way for an imperfect country to prevent one, is to acquire WMD’s. Facts are facts.

As For The Test…
Poor North Koreans! Firstly they’ll be some radioactivity in the air, next their supplies will fall as aid is further cut, third their shabby economic existence will become more so for the same reason.

As for Japan & South Korea
I think developing nukes will be a waste of their own money –money they could put into education & new technology to help their economies. However, if they do develop nukes, then the thought of these two countries having them, is hardly the kind of thought that causes me to wet my bed with fear.

This All Said…
For a 27 year old, the NK leader is in quite a "unique" position –just imagine being able to set off a nuke, as the backdrop of your own private birthday party! I’m hopeful this is about as much use NK’s nukes will ever have. Yes they’re already free to export what they know, yes that’s a worrying issue, but it’s also an increasingly old one.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

Speculation being the operative word IMHO. It would not suprise me though considering the talk of the Asian Missile Defense shield covering NK and China.

North Korea is Chinas Pit Bull on a tight leash.

this phrase also of mine also springs to mind,

"The more technical something is the easier it is to break". Americas military is the most technical on the planet and is therefore also the most vulnerable. You and I will never see American Enemy Boots in China, ever.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
One of these days, they are going to launch a missile and it's going to land right on their home land and blow them selves up..... That would be pretty damn funny..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Mainly because the US/West have no plans nor desire to attack or invade China it does however make for great Propaganda PR though, I'll give you that. Sounds really scary and impressive but not very realistic. North Korea has popped off a couple of Nukes already. That's a fact. And they have fired off a few test missile over US Allies heads. That's another fact.

I doubt "China's pitbull"
would be able to do much more than simply get tens of millions of Koreans [Both North and South] killed over an outdated and despised ideological relic....

top topics

join