It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bain Document Dump..Gawker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You spend all your time attacking the site Gawker, but ignoring the 950 pages in the document dump. One of the gems revealed:

In particular, the documents shed considerable light on the operation of controversial “blocker corporations” set up by Bain in tax havens like the Cayman Islands to help the investment firm delay business income taxes. Such “blockers” are not illegal but the Treasury Department has said in the past that they cost the United States millions in lost revenue every year.

Hmm, "blocker corporations", Mittens is a tax dodger. Real patriot, there. I guess when you are offshoring American companies you take over in a leveraged buyout to India or China, one way to hide your profits is in a Cayman Island blocker corporation.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Let's get something straight with the Gossip site Gawker

Note all of he evil talk of suspicious Cayman island banking accounts mentioned in this thread... Then read this

Apparently, nobody thought to tell the boys on the Romney beat that Gawker Media is part of a shell company incorporated in the Cayman Islands. Gawker’s money lives in the same neighborhood as Romney’s money. Call it bipartisanship.

And GAWKER...Like WikiLeaks structures itself off-shore to protect itself from being prosecuted or shut-down when it releases sensitive documents that the US Government doesn't like.

Interesting that Mitt Romney employs the same tactics??

What is HE hiding for?

Don't you think he should explain WHY he is hiding the origins and actual amounts of his vast fortune from the US Government and American People while at the same time demanding to be appointed leader of that same government and people?

Just absurd...YES Wikileaks and Gawker seek shelter from governments offshore...so do online gambling operations...we know why...What is Mitt's reason???
edit on 24-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
wow!!!! I think Romney is a genius.

I think the Romney people did this themselves. Hear me out. Gawker is a shell company from the Cayman Islands, if Romney wanted to release the documents secretly he may have some people inside Gawker to do the dump for him. It would be really easy to do since they are probably next door neighbors!

This is an awesome political move on Romney's part as well, because nobody really is going to search through all these documents. The major news networks are not covering this story, because it is a non-issue, just like the tax-dodging claims made by the democrats. Gawker is not a respectable blog. Just like none of the "findings" from wikileaks was talked about. Just Wikileaks themselves. I hope the Right Wing Blogs Vet Gawker for all its scheming!

It's what I call politispeak. Just talking points and distractions thrown around by both parties. If Romney, did this purposely, it was genius! No one cares!!!!

edit on 24-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am not overly sold on the Bain/Taxes angle by the left.
Yes, Rmoney probably had years where he paid no taxes at all..he is lying about it, sure..he made tons of money bankrupting companies, etc etc etc.
This is all just shrewed billionaire business moves though...he played the system, because the system is made to be played like that.

The question I have is not if a billionaire played the system (they all do, this isn't a debate, this is a simple fact), the question is, which one of the two will address the systems problems to make it less playable to begin with.

Rmoney made a bundle, but even he can decide (after making his zillions) that its a bad system that needs to be fixed, and fix it...or he can ignore it and let it continue to be played..same with Obama

Problem here is, outside of lip service from the left, things are rarely done about it. Be it from unwilling from the top, or obstruction from the paid for congress to ensure status quo...so, ya..the system itself, the whole big system of capitalism purchasing the republic is flawed and broken.

so, we are meant to be shocked that a filthy rich person lied, cheated, and stole from a system designed to do just that...no...well, I am not anyhow. I am however shocked that serious discussion and bills arent being pushed to stop this rampant abuse

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I think the real point with Governor Romney"s taxes are that they are very complicated. So complicated in fact as to obscure and blur the lines of legal and illegal., At any rate they would be exposed and explained to a point that us filing the old 1040 would be outraged at how huge incomes are manipulated in all sorts of fuzzy ways to scam the taxes.

Also there is a piece over at "Counterpunch" making a case that Governor Romney was a participant in the great tax amnesty of 2008 This was for people who had knowingly committed tax fraud by hiding monies in the Swiss banks. The deal was they would not be prosecuted if they would just pay the taxes and fines. I'm not saying this is true. But that would be rich, A presidential candidate in an election where tax fairness is a key issue, found to be guilty of tax fraud.
edit on 24-8-2012 by okyouwin because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

I ignored nothing. The 950 pages were debunked in my first post. Much ado about nothing and all speculation. Then I simply illuminated the hypocrisy of Gawker and its Cayman Islands arrangement as a shell company. Pretty simple.

Its all there.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yawn!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Don't you think he should explain WHY he is hiding the origins and actual amounts of his vast fortune from the US Government and American People while at the same time demanding to be appointed leader of that same government and people?

Let's think about your statement for a while and then take a trip back in my neato time machine to 2008 and a failed vetting process of then Candidate Obama. Red flags abound. Red flags far more concerning than Romney's dealings with Bain. So far Romney as done nothing wrong. Shall we probe into the business partnership between Obama and Tony Rezko. Better yet dig deeper in the realm of Chicagoland and Obama's nefarious connections and you will find a field of red flags. Or we could get into his relationship with Rashid Khalidi... Flags that would have DQ'd him from a variety of high level Govt. positions in the normal world...

Why has Obama failed to release his Academic records or at the very least his applications and his scholarly writings.

What laws did Romney break?

I could go down a list of laws ignored by now President Obama. Plus ignorance of the constitution and its processes etc etc....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Let's think about your statement for a while and then take a trip back in my neato time machine to 2008 and a failed vetting process of then Candidate Obama.

Translation....inability to "Think about" my statement and come up with a relevant response.....thus Derail....This isn't a birther thread.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I picked apart the entire OP and you still go back to Romney's hoards of hidden cash. I've explained all I need to explain. You seem to ignore it by choice and just choose to pick apart one or two of my statements. Classic response when you have nothing to fall back on.

November can't come soon enough. The hypocrisy from the left must end...

Happy Friday to you!!
edit on 24-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It was only a matter of time for something like this to leak.

Romney is hiding something in his tax returns...and it seems like he is hiding even more in his retirement package.

It will be interesting to see how much damage this does and how much additional pressure is put on Romney to release his taxes.

Obama is hiding something in is Collage records and transcripts. It would be interesting to see how a lower class person got into these prestige collages after saying in his own words how his" last two years of high school were a bluer" from doing drugs all day long.

I guess Romneys taxes are more important. O you Romney.... I know your hidding something..he must be one of those "rich" people like obama is..

edit on 23-8-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

I'm a lower class person, and i did way too many drugs in high school to remember the majority of my last few years there, and i still got into an Ivy League school. Does that mean that i also must be some sort of secret Muslim terrorist or something? Am i hiding something because of that? If i am, i must be hiding it so well that even I'm not aware of it. Amazing. There is absolutely no logic or rationality behind your statements.

Also, i don't see why Obama should release his collage records. Making collages seems like a perfectly innocent hobby to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

read the sig line. The guy says he spells poorly due to being deaf until age 12. Whereas you have apparently been stupid your whole life. Obama is hiding plenty. He is the least transparent president in history. Everyone is worried about how much money Romney has and where and when he got it. It makes no difference anyway. He is part of the political elite, born with a silver spoon and all that. Dem or Rep, makes little difference, just two heads of the same snake. They all use the power for their personal gain. This can be evidenced by the Bush daughter working as a journalist for NBC. She was a school teacher by training. Same with the Clinton daughter. She was on NBC as a journo too. But apparently she didn't make the cut, so now she is an investment banker at some shadowy hedge fund. Open eyes and ears, close mouth, then you can learn something...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What a surprise. A lying scumbag presidential candidate, equal to the lying scumbag already in office.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I can't help but notice that some of the Right wing responses to the Gawker information are attempts to switch the subject to Obama's college transcripts.

While it may be human nature to do this, it is illogical. What ever you think of Obama, he has nothing to do with Mitt's financial dealings.

If the subject is Romney, stick to the topic. By injecting Obama's transcripts into the conversation, you're merely showing everyone things about you which you probably don't want to advertise.

Besides, you can always promote your suspicions about Obama on your own threads.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by axslinger
"I guess Obama can sleep easy knowing they won't be leaking any documents on him. Can't leak documents that don't exist. Perhaps some college transcripts but I personally think all physical records of Obama have been confiscated and destroyed long ago."

Why not stick to the topic, which is Romney, not Obama? Post your (weak and imaginary) suspicions on your own threads.

"I don't care about Romney's past with Bain Capital. This is a free country and capitalism is what we're about. To demonize that only shows how anti-capitalist his opposition is."

No, libs aren't "anti-capitalism." Libs are anti-corruption. See the distinction?

Libs aren't against prosperity. They're against prosperity gained off the backs of others, gained from other's loss of jobs, their health care, their pensions, and their hopes.

It's another distraction because Obama can't run on his record; if's dismal. He makes Carter look like a wild success.
edit on 24-8-2012 by axslinger because: (no reason given)

Other than a "distraction," what can one call dubious attacks against Obama on a thread about Romney?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fondue
reply to post by Indigo5

read the sig line. The guy says he spells poorly due to being deaf until age 12. Whereas you have apparently been stupid your whole life. Obama is hiding plenty. He is the least transparent president in history. Everyone is worried about how much money Romney has and where and when he got it. It makes no difference anyway. He is part of the political elite, born with a silver spoon and all that. Dem or Rep, makes little difference, just two heads of the same snake. They all use the power for their personal gain. This can be evidenced by the Bush daughter working as a journalist for NBC. She was a school teacher by training. Same with the Clinton daughter. She was on NBC as a journo too. But apparently she didn't make the cut, so now she is an investment banker at some shadowy hedge fund. Open eyes and ears, close mouth, then you can learn something...

Another Right wing charmer calling people who are more perceptive than he "stupid."

Yup, Obama is secretive.

He's so secretive he's written two best-selling autobiographical books read by millions. What a stealthy guy!

And, of course, he's so unintelligent that he couldn't possibly have QUALIFIED to get into his excellent schools.

The fact that most educated and knowing people find him intelligent and refined only points to the Grand Deception (cue long demonic laugh).

How gullible does one have to be to buy so easily into Right wing lies? The evidence that there is some monstrous conspiracy in respect to Obama is entirely an exercise in hate-imbued imagination.

You hate Obama, therefore he must not be a citizen. You hate Obama, thus he certainly couldn't have gotten into the schools he claims to have attended.

Apparently, being chosen the president of the Columbia Law Review was all a HUGE setup by the nefarious New World Order.

Or is that The New World Order of Right wing dolts

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join