It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the GOP Is Scared of Ron Paul and 4 Reasons He Might Still Get the 2012 Republican Nomination

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Laura Trice penned an excellent piece for the Huffington Post's "Plain Speaking" column. In the article, she details what has happened with Ron Paul's delegation and the Romney campaign's strategy to unseat the delegates that were earned through an amazing grassroots campaign.

Wait, isn't Dr. Ron Paul out of the presidential race?
Isn't it all tied up nicely in a bow with the Romney/Ryan ticket?
No.

Why would the GOP be scared of Ron Paul but end up nominating him?
I'll explain.

Romney and the GOP have demonstrated both poor judgment and poor sportsmanship that might cost them by damaging Romney's electability among the Ron Paul supporters thus leading to a splitting of votes, which in turn, could cost the GOP the entire election.

Ron Paul did win the plurality of delegates in 5 states, enough to be eligible for the nomination and a 15-minute speaking slot at the GOP convention. The states he won are Louisiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine and Nevada. Then Ron Paul went on to win the plurality in Massachusetts, Romney's home state and half the delegates in Oregon. Dr. Ron Paul also has around 500 delegates who support him. The exact number of delegates that Romney and Paul have is still a mystery but should be clarified at the convention. So... Ron Paul won his 5-plus states, he's on the ballot and writing his speech, right? Not exactly.

The entire plot to reduce Ron Paul wins to under five states to take his name off the ballot and take away his 15-minute speaking slot is well under way. If Romney/Ryan are so great, why can't they handle a little competition without whining and crying like sore losers?

Are they afraid of losing the 2012 nomination to Ron Paul if he speaks and is on the ballot?
Why not play fair and let the best man win?

Who cheats? The lazy, bratty, insecure and less-qualified people who can't win honestly and fairly. Is that really presidential material?

So, let's get to why the author believes Ron Paul can still get the 2012 nod:

4. Lots of regular "little people", like me, want Ron Paul to be the 2012 GOP presidential candidate. We, the little people, do not like being trod upon and when we join together, we are stronger than big money. Remember, "We the People"? Ron Paul's donors are regular working people, many military men and women, not banks.

3. Ron Paul is the David to Romney's Goliath Machine but the spirit, character and faith of we "little people" count more in America than just money. Romney has raised $152 million to Paul's $39 million. Ron Paul has more passionate support from his supporters due to Ron Paul's character and dedication to serving America and Americans based on our founding principles embodied in our Constitution. Money, media manipulation and bullying can't buy this type of support. But, Romney and his lawyers couldn't let Ron Paul keep 5-plus wins?

2. Ron Paul wants to serve his country, and has served in the military, and would end the wars. Ron Paul's supporters and Americans want someone they can trust and believe in. Dr. Paul is that man.

1. Mitt Romney is much less qualified to be president than Ron Paul, who understands the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Watch this link (embedded below) where Romney is asked a basic Constitutional question and replies, "I'll have to ask my lawyers". Ron Paul tells Mitt Romney, "Read the Constitution." Ron

I'm still holding on to two thoughts regarding the Ron Paul campaign.

First and foremost, I would like to see the delegate strategy play out as it should, but I'm honest enough with myself to know that this won't happen. In-fact, it's already too late because there has been so much corruption already.

Secondly, if the above doesn't happen, I would like to see the good doctor announce his own third party run after the convention (or during).

Either way, he's getting my vote, even if it's a write-in.

Article Source

edit on 8/23/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
One more week...just one more week...and then no more threads on how Ron Paul is going to win the nomination.

Either way....either he gets it or he doesn't...I'm just tired of all the threads of desperation...and I am looking forward to the end.

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Either way....either he gets it or he doesn't...I'm just tired of all the threads of desperation...and I am looking forward to the end.

And the rest of us are looking forward to an end to this corporate, military machine that is the US and the only way we're going to get it is with Ron Paul. It certainly isn't going to stop with Obama or Romney.

There's no desperation here. The article and my OP are stating facts of what's happened during the primary.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The GOP is afraid Ron Paul will pull another Lincoln. He was the dark horse going into the convention and walked out with the nomination. It's kind of funny that RP and Lincoln both have the same views about the fed reserve.

+47 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are just tired from trying to sway people away from Dr. Paul. I have commented on some post but have sat idle on most. From my time spent watching these posts and contributing to some I would feel safe in saying that if you are not a paid shill then you are missing out on your life calling.......

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Dr. Paul has been in office for what clost to 20 years ? And guess what...the corporate macxhine is stronger today than it was when he took office.

You must be living in a seperate reality if you believe he will win the nomination...He cannot and its just that simple....even if he was to win the nomination he would lose the election because not enough people believe in him...most believe he is a radical crazy nut jobber and sometimes based of some things he has said I think so too.

And yes it will be good to close this subject after the convention so that we no longer waste broadband with the what ifs and should have and could haves as it will finally be over.

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Unless he gets cheated and swindled by the GOP...there is nothing that can stop him, he earned his role.

OUTKAST- your desperation by far outweighs any that I have seen thus far when it comes to Ron Paul.

You know Ron Paul can beat Obama, that is why you are constantly trying to downplay everything involving his presidential campaign. You are transparent.

You post more in the Paul threads than you do in Obama threads.

For someone that seems to be tired of all the Ron Paul threads- you sure do find your way into most of them.

- no need to try and argue that point with me.

Its ok though- continue. Its not like we dont see what you are doing.

Desperation is glowing from you like radiation in Japans ocean life.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The GOP isn't scared of Ron Paul. The GOP doesn't take him seriously.
And there is no way on this planet he's going to get the Republican Nomination.
Not a chance.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not a chance.

I appreciate your opinion, but I disagree completely.

The GOP is built of establishment elites and is owned by both the corporate oligarchy, as well as the military industrial complex.

Ron Paul threatens to take it all away. They are afraid of losing their power and afraid of losing the profits that are being stolen from the majority of hard-working Americans.

A quote from above in my OP:

The entire plot to reduce Ron Paul wins to under five states to take his name off the ballot and take away his 15-minute speaking slot is well under way. If Romney/Ryan are so great, why can't they handle a little competition without whining and crying like sore losers?

Why the attempt to unseat delegates that were earned properly through hard work and an extremely organized grass roots movement?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not a chance.

Thats their problem- thats the entire GOPs problem.

They would rather cheat than to play by the rules.

Why would anyone give the GOP credit for anything it does when they play like that?

Might as well just become democrats.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

One more week...just one more week...and then no more threads on how Ron Paul is going to win the nomination.

I'm looking forward to the end of this election so the political trolls will stop constantly invading threads they don't have any business in. Hell, they'll probably just mysteriously disappear.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

You know Ron Paul can beat Obama, that is why you are constantly trying to downplay everything involving his presidential campaign. You are transparent.

Ron Paul would get trounced in a Presidential election. Straight ticket Republicans would vote for him, as would Libertarians. Well, that covers it. The voting public is 35-40 percent moderate voters, and Ron Paul has NO appeal to the moderate vote. RP would win a few states, but it would be landslide of the highest order for Obama.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Ron Paul would get trounced in a Presidential election. Straight ticket Republicans would vote for him, as would Libertarians. Well, that covers it. The voting public is 35-40 percent moderate voters, and Ron Paul has NO appeal to the moderate vote. RP would win a few states, but it would be landslide of the highest order for Obama.

That's a pretty ignorant statement IMO. Ron Paul has more of a shot at the moderate/independent voters than Romney by all stretches of the thought. He's the only one that will be able to take away from Obama's independent voters.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

That is a falacy. Moderat voters, are more likely to weigh the issues.
Now they are also more impressionable by the media.

Dr. Paul would give Obama a really tough debate, and that would be great to see.
I really don't think you can say he has no connection to the moderates, anymore than you can say Romney has no connections to moderates.(He is a rich, Pro-war, elitist, Mormon- How is that moderate?)

I think Romney will get destroyed on the Moderate vote to tell the truth, Romney and Ryan have so many skeletons in the closet, it looks like a crime scene.

I do Hope Ron Paul gets on the ticket, his ideas are a lot more sensible, and will actually execute some change. The problem is that Ron Paul is looking further down the field and lots of people can't see past their own noses.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

I'm looking forward to the end of this election so the political trolls will stop constantly invading threads they don't have any business in. Hell, they'll probably just mysteriously disappear.

quoted for truth

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

You are just tired from trying to sway people away from Dr. Paul. I have commented on some post but have sat idle on most. From my time spent watching these posts and contributing to some I would feel safe in saying that if you are not a paid shill then you are missing out on your life calling.......

I really wish that SO and the rest of the staff would extend the rule about calling people "paid shills" to the other forums instead of just the 911 forum. Why is it so difficult for you people to debate without resorting to name calling? If you are unable to intelligently debate without the name calling it really takes away from your argument. Now I am not taking one side or the other here, I just wish we could get to the point where we could debate each other with intelligence. Just because someone disagrees with your opinion does not make them a "paid shill".

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

That's a pretty ignorant statement IMO. Ron Paul has more of a shot at the moderate/independent voters than Romney by all stretches of the thought. He's the only one that will be able to take away from Obama's independent voters.

The statement may not be in line with how you believe, but it is hardly ignorant. I believe he is absolutely right about the fact that Paul would get crushed in the Presidential election. Paul definately has his supporters, with a good deal of them being card-toting Republicans and Libertarians. But even he realizes that those would not be enough to win a general election. Having the moderates on your side is incredibly important, and that is one thing that Obama has a bit of a stranglehold on.

Independent voters, those are another story. There may be a bit more of a swing towards Paul than Romney or Obama, but still not nearly enough to make up for how he would be crushed in other voting demographics.

Obama may have shot himself in the foot a bit over the last few years, but the gun he used is a small one. Paul has essentially shot himself in BOTH feet, at close range, using a bazooka. Good guy, wrong tactics.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ron will not get the Republican nomination.

Exhale

The end

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Why do I get the feeling you are just mean spirited? If you hate everything that our Liberty/Constitution stand for then why not hang out in other forums where you can rebel rouse with like minded individuals? Why be the thorn in the side of other than your like minded individuals who enjoy discussing topics such as how Ron Paul has been completely screwed over by the power elites and their media whores? Who are you anyway? What is your agenda? I am starting to realize you are a distraction and just trying to be a thread killer.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Out of anyone on the right RP would have my vote.. I dont agree with some of his ideas but hes the most sane thing i have seen from the right for a long time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join