It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is NBC doing a Story on Mormonism Tonight?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Anyone who thinks Mr. OP is working for the republicans is out of their mind.

How do you know that the OP is not working for the Reps?

By looking at their post and thread history....that may be a good question to ask.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Do sane people really know his religion? Did they really research Obama's History? Did they really research the past "churches" he attended? Did they research the people who helped shape his philosophy?

If this documentary does what I think its going to do to the Mormon religion than we should be doing the same to Obama. Why are the highly religious always targeted like this?
edit on 23-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Do sane people really know his religion?

See what you did here? You are trying to say that only sane people question his faith. How about the majority of us who care less? Are we crazy?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

1. I know you think you're doing the Romney effort a favor.

2. The only point worth discussion here is NBC's intent, potential bias, and timing on this story.

1. Not doing Romney a favor. How exactly would telling people NBC's intent to interrogate Mormons for a "political documentary" which will be used to attack Romney's faith help him???

2. That's exactly what I am doing! Why would they do this now? What is the point of doing a story on Mormonism if it doesn't have anything to do with Romney?

So many questions. I hope I can catch it on TV, to see for myself.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I seriously doubt Romney or Obama really holds any religious beliefs. They'll say whatever gets them favor on TV all day long, if you want to believe any of the crap they spew well... then... that's your right I guess. It doesn't matter if they were satanists really, as president they aren't going to do anything different from what's been happening for the last decade or so and the American economy is going to continue stagnating, the wars will keep going and we'll keep hearing the same old BS everyday.

It really doesn't even matter. Christian? Mormon? Yea right they don't even care, that stuff is just PR candy for the masses to bicker about while they screw us behind closed doors.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

See what you did here? You are trying to say that only sane people question his faith. How about the majority of us who care less? Are we crazy?

No, but then you can't go around yelling at people to do research on the candidates when you don't even care about their religions.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Religion is higher politics and politics is power and power is control and control is abuse most of the time. That is why!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

If I were paying someone to get Romney elected, I would not spend my money like that. That doesn't make any sense at all.

On the contrary... How do you know he's not working for the Dems

Now that's money well spent.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

No, but then you can't go around yelling at people to do research on the candidates when you don't even care about their religions.

Religion doesn't matter...at all. Both men have records that we can look at to see what they will do in elected office.

So why does their religion matter?

What is your point?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I find that a reprehensible claim to make. There's no possible way the Republicans as a group are witless enough to employ someone like this (Palin the exception that proves the rule).

If anything, he's a "false flagger" designed to heap ridicule by association upon anyone supporting the GOP.

And on the off chance I'm wrong, dude (OP) go support some other cause. You're not helping.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

2. That's exactly what I am doing! Why would they do this now? What is the point of doing a story on Mormonism if it doesn't have anything to do with Romney?

The NBC topic is worthy of discussion. I think there is definitely something there.

However, I don't think that's the intent of your thread.

Where is the documentary on Communism? Or Black Liberation Theology? Or Chicago Political History?

And the thread title does not lead the reader to focus on Romney and NBC.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If I were paying someone to get Romney elected, I would not spend my money like that. That doesn't make any sense at all.

On the contrary... How do you know he's not working for the Dems

Now that's money well spent.

It does make sense when you realize whom the Republican voter base is. I hate to say this, but Republican voters and FoxNews fans are consistently the most uninformed people in the political realm.

There are many exceptions of course, but on average...they are not well-informed.

So if you can use the language and emotion to wind these people up, it may be a wise investment.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate

I find that a reprehensible claim to make. There's no possible way the Republicans as a group are witless enough to employ someone like this (Palin the exception that proves the rule).

If anything, he's a "false flagger" designed to heap ridicule by association upon anyone supporting the GOP.

And on the off chance I'm wrong, dude (OP) go support some other cause. You're not helping.

I made no such claim. I asked another member how or why he made that particular statement.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So if you can use the language and emotion to wind these people up, it may be a wise investment.

So you're suggesting it's a wise investment to "wind these people (Republican base) up", like otherwise they might vote Democrat?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Golly! Talk about peeing in the left's oatmeal!

Had to S&F just for the abuse!

I'd like to hear Obama on Black Liberation Theology. May have to dig through youtube to see.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And the thread title does not lead the reader to focus on Romney and NBC.

There I fixed it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Both the liberal and conservative media spinners make it difficult to be well informed on anything.

We need a better way to get facts.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I made no such claim. I asked another member how or why he made that particular statement.

And I never claimed you made it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Golly! Talk about peeing in the left's oatmeal!

Had to S&F just for the abuse!

I'd like to hear Obama on Black Liberation Theology. May have to dig through youtube to see.

Notice how none of these lefties have answered any of my questions. They just decided that I was wrong. You can't see the simple conclusions I am making here?

Why on Earth would they ask Romney for an interview? If it's not going to be used for political purposes, is Romney the only Mormon they could find?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by pajoly

Do sane people really know his religion? Did they really research Obama's History? Did they really research the past "churches" he attended? Did they research the people who helped shape his philosophy?

If this documentary does what I think its going to do to the Mormon religion than we should be doing the same to Obama. Why are the highly religious always targeted like this?

Does it really matter what churches he attended in the past or what philosophies he was exposed too during his life? Is that how we determine a person's religious beliefs? Please!!! Just because I attend math class, doesn't make me a mathematician, or does it? If so, does that mean that Christine O'Donnell really was a witch?

Fundamentally, we must accept that a person's religious beliefs are what they say they are and the President has clearly stated on numerous occasions that he is a Christian while Romney has made it perfectly clear that he is a Mormon, these two facts should be undisputed.

So the real question that you're posing here is NOT whether we should "be doing the same to Obama," but rather should we be doing the same to Christianity and as far as I'm concerned, have at it! The only advice I could possibly offer is; "Be careful what you look for because you might just find it."

This may come to a surprise to you and the rest of the TP/GOP, but the phrase "I know you are but what am I" is not a winning strategy in the world of intelligent adult voters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join