It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Was Right, We Were Wrong: The IMF

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Iceland Was Right, We Were Wrong: The IMF
(thestreet.com)

VANCOUVER -- For approximately three years, our governments, the banking cabal, and the Corporate Media have assured us that they knew the appropriate approach for fixing the economies that they had previously crippled with their own mismanagement. We were told that the key was to stomp on the Little People with "austerity" in order to continue making full interest payments to the Bond Parasites -- at any/all costs.

Following three years of this continuous, uninterrupted failure, Greece has already defaulted on 75% of its debts, and its economy is totally destroyed. The UK, Spain and Italy are all plummeting downward in suicide-spirals, where the more austerity these sadistic governments inflict upon their own people the worse their debt/deficit problems get. Ireland and Portugal are nearly in the same position.

Now in what may be the greatest economic "mea culpa" in history, we have the media admitting that this government/banking/propaganda-machine troika has been wrong all along. They have been forced to acknowledge that Iceland's approach to economic triage was the correct approach right from the beginning.

What was Iceland's approach? To do the exact opposite of everything the bankers running our own economies told us to do. The bankers (naturally) told us that we needed to bail out the criminal Big Banks, at taxpayer expense (they were Too Big To Fail). Iceland gave the banksters nothing.

The bankers told us that no amount of suffering (for the Little People) was too great in order to make sure that the Bond Parasites got paid at 100 cents on the dollar. Iceland told the Bond Parasites they would get what was left over, after the people had been taken care of (by their own government).

Austerity has kept Europe locked in a recession. The USA minimized the effects of the recession through stimulus spending. But the one nation that proved the correct response to the banking-cabal caused global economic crisis is Iceland - they basically told the banks to go **** themselves.

GREAT article - a must read. Imagine, if every nation in Europe and North America had the guts to do what Iceland did - we would have finally rid ourselves of these parasites. (Of course, the US is home to most of these parasites).

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Oh, Iceland did more than tell the banksters to go **** themselves. They started arresting them--and when the crooks ran away, put together a team to go looking for them.

I'll see if I can find that (Iceland) story. I love it....
edit on 8/22/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Ah, here we go: One of several articles I've read on this.

How Iceland Stalks Its Bankers

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Thanks, reading it now!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The IMF has posted their own version of what happened in Iceland - and they're spinning it hard:

How Iceland Recovered from its Near-Death Experience

BTW, I find it weird that a site that is supposed to be so anti-NWO would completely ignore a topic like this. The IMF is the heart and soul of the NWO, and only ONE country has ever managed to get out from under their thumb.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Following three years of this continuous, uninterrupted failure, Greece has already defaulted on 75% of its debts, and its economy is totally destroyed. The UK, Spain and Italy are all plummeting downward in suicide-spirals, where the more austerity these sadistic governments inflict upon their own people the worse their debt/deficit problems get. Ireland and Portugal are nearly in the same position.

What was the reason for Greece to go into such a protracted bailout and austerity measure? To avoid defaulting on it's debt and having it's economy destroyed. Yet, here they are, defaulting on their debt to the IMF and it's economy is effectively destroyed, and the only solution the EU can come up with - is MORE debt for Greece and MORE austerity measures.

Greece should have done what Iceland did - told the IMF to **** off, and let the IMF bank debt rot, they could have rebuilt their economy on their own by now.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Great news story, nice to see what the people can really do when we all stand together and for each other. It's time for the other leaders and governments to begin standing up for the people. Time to start passing some laws that ensures this kind of thing never happens again. Revolution can be very quiet sometimes, but it can also be like a shot heard round the world. When the poor inherit the earth, that's when you'll see an economy that can never fail. My dad and I were just talking about Iceland the other day.Thumbs up.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is not correct at all, all we did was ignore the icesave demands. And because we did britain declaired iceland terrorists. Our goverment has not changed at all, everything over here is falling apart.

I won´t go into details as it´s a long booooring story but, the banks own our houses only one´s getting anything are the allready rich.

No jobs, nothing is changing, things over here are terrible............

And trust me, if it had not been for a national vote on the issue our goverment would have gone and payed off icesave.And we would have switched out our currency for euro.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I giggle inside every time I see Iceland now.

It just makes me so damn happy.

If I wasn't Canadian, and hated the cold already, I'd probably immigrate there with my family.

Hell i still might.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Some more text from the article;

Thus, austerity has been nothing less than a deliberate campaign to destroy these European economies so that the Slaves would be too economically weak to be able to sever their own choke-holds. Mission accomplished!

One can only assume that neither the Corporate Media nor their Banker Masters would have allowed this clear acknowledgment that Iceland was right and we were wrong to appear within its own pages, unless it felt secure in the knowledge that all the remaining Debt Slaves had been crippled beyond their capacity to ever escape this economic oppression.

If you ever stop to think about it, virtually every European nation, as well as North/South American, is deep in debt to the IMF and it's cabal of banks.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Oh, Iceland did more than tell the banksters to go **** themselves. They started arresting them--and when the crooks ran away, put together a team to go looking for them.

I'll see if I can find that (Iceland) story. I love it....
edit on 8/22/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

And they wiped out all credit card debt and want to adopt the Canadian dollar.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It sure is funny how people only read the top post,,

Yes it´s wonderful here , WE wipe out everyone´s dept , im millioner everybody here is a millioner , we have chocolate fountains and banks have a get a 1000d friday giveaway to everyother customers.

Free money for everyone,, fantasy land fun , yay.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
If I wasn't Canadian, and hated the cold already, I'd probably immigrate there with my family.

Hell i still might.

~Tenth

Well then you should, Greenland is cold, Iceland is quite hot. And getting hotter every year.

But still you shouldn´t unless you don´t need a job , affordable house and a food basket that doesn´t cost 1/10 of your salary.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Spacedman13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have said it time and time and time again in numerous threads. What Iceland has done is extraordinary and it is a blueprint for the rest of the world. It is/was a Revolution the likes of which we have not seen since 1776 and they never had to fire a single shot.

They told the bankers to shove it.

They forced their Government to step down for even suggesting the Country go along with the Banker plans.

They arrested those responsible.

They reformed a new Government for the people

They rewrote their Constitution

They did not enslave the next several generations into indentured servitude.

Iceland did all this and not a SINGLE WORD was mentioned in the MSM about it. This was not the top story on CNN or MSNBC Money. This story was buried on blogs as it happened and we continue to hear very little about it today.

What does that tell you?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I read all about this last year and even then I thought to myself oh-oh Iceland is going to pay for this because once in the vice there is only one direction and it is the squeeze direction.....

If we could afford it we would fly up there from Canada and give everyone in the government a high five.
Since we can't afford that we will settle for a cyber pat on the back and a S&F for bringing this back to the main stream news here on ATS.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

What's your perspective on this Spacedman13?

It would be good to hear an opinion from an Icelander who is experiencing this.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacedman13

I was really amused by your posts, had to star you....

Do you think the situation in Iceland would be better if the rest of the world were not so appalled that they decided to punish you for not bailing out your banks?

I don't know for sure but I suspect that the country would be doing quite well now had you not all been branded 'terrorists'.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sorry OP and other posters buying this story, but I'm taking all these RAH RAH Iceland comments with a grain of salt!

More interested in someone that actually LIVES there (Spacedman13), to get a better perspective of how well things are there, and so far they're painting a much different picture.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Sorry OP and other posters buying this story, but I'm taking all these RAH RAH Iceland comments with a grain of salt!

More interested in someone that actually LIVES there (Spacedman13), to get a better perspective of how well things are there, and so far they're painting a much different picture.

Exactly!!

Iceland totally went bust and now 3 years later the OP and just about everyone else here seem to think life over there is all roses... just because they managed to put a couple of bankers behind bars

Deny ignorance people

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join