It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beast of gevaudan :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
In XVIII th century in france, in the gevaudan, a giant wolf killed many peoples. Some link if you dont know this story :

www.occultopedia.com...

Every country or culture has their own mysterious legends. But one of the least known to the world at large is the French legend of the Beast of Gevaudin. During the reign of King Louis XV, between 1765 and 1768, over one hundred women and children were killed in very strange circumstances in an isolated region of south-central France. All the corpses bore the marks of savage attack by a ferocious animal and an unrelenting reign of terror quickly gripped the mist-shrouded, forest-clad hillside community. Eye-witnesses spoke of a huge red wolf prowling the area and the vicious deaths soon became a national talking point.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Very interesting story, very much like "Ghost and the Darkness" set in France!

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is a well-attested tale: actually a film was made about it not too long ago: called "Le Pacte Des Loups", I believe it was released with English soundtrack as "Brotherhood of the Wolf".

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I heard of the movie "Brotherhood Of The Wolf". Have you seen it? Is it any good or scary at all?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I saw the French one on DVD, and yes: expensive, stylish, well-made and acted, and very scary.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Very cool. Ill have to pick it up soon

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The critics hated it: generally a very encouraging sign. There's a review at colossus.net here:
movie-reviews.colossus.net...

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
I heard of the movie "Brotherhood Of The Wolf". Have you seen it? Is it any good or scary at all?

And sometimes the dialogues are silly. But the choregraphies of he fights are great. The last fight versus the beast is really anthologic and marc Dacascos is great.
GOOD MOVIE !

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Definetly a good film!

Half asleep as just back from Tactical weekend...zzzzz

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I heard the the beast was a large hyena that escaped from a private zoo of some noble in spain ( I cant be sure ) and migrated into france

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
I heard the the beast was a large hyena that escaped from a private zoo of some noble in spain ( I cant be sure ) and migrated into france

where'd you hear that at? anyway very interesting story. has it ever been researched as to bad the animal coulda been?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
this topic has been explored many many times on this board. Look around, you will find alot more info on this subject.

new topics

top topics

join