It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the matrix.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Came across a video that a friend sent to me about this guy (scientist) thinks that the universe/multiverse is one giant computer code created by higher beings. So basically saying like you play the Sims 3 is just like life as we know it.

He claims he has found computer codes in the universe that backup this claim. Watch this video and tell me what you guys think...towards the end of the video some guy explains what he is exactly saying.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
He wouldn't be the first to claim that for sure. I am going to watch it and have to reply when it's done.

edit on 8/22/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

this has been posted a few times before, ill comment like I commented on the others.

There is an equal probability that our DNA ultimately influenced us enough to create systems that function exactly as it does. In a fractal creative sense the way our computers run and interpret code isn't an original design but one ingrained into us on such a deep level we are following instructions we aren't even aware of...

edit on 22-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

this has been posted a few times before

Yeah it has but that doesn't mean it cant be posted again. I didn't find any threads with this video attached to it so its fair game. Watch the video and comment was the idea

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So does this mean that we are the artificial intelligent machines? I think I'm just going to have to embrace ignorance on this one

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

More like organic machines...we have free will though so if I wanted to jump right now I would do it. I dunno if I believe what he is saying is true but I like to think I have an open mind about creation.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

More like organic machines...we have free will though so if I wanted to jump right now I would do it. I dunno if I believe what he is saying is true but I like to think I have an open mind about creation.

But we can go one deeper, how do you know you have free will and aren't just being controlled via code by a higher being? I don't really believe it but if its true can the being controlling me please make me win the lottery so I can retire.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by taccj9903

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

But we can go one deeper, how do you know you have free will and aren't just being controlled via code by a higher being? I don't really believe it but if its true can the being controlling me please make me win the lottery so I can retire.

If God already knows what's going to happen, free will is false.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Following this logic, would that then also mean that the characters in video games such as the sims etc. (perhaps all characters who posess AI in games) also experience realtiy in a similar capacity to us ie; free will, thinking, feeling etc. or am I copleyely missing something?

I take a humble approach to creation and am not so ignorant to assume that I, who can do and say things I do not mean and make countless other menial mistakes that are important to me, have a complete and irrefutable understanding of the wonders of the universe.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

i have wondered that as well. do the sims we control in such games actually consciously perceive their existence? it is certainly a possibility.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

So what happens when you turn off the game? What if you don't play for a year?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I remember this guy. I like his theory a lot. But there is one thing I want to know. If he is right, what happens when people start becoming self aware that they are in a program? Will the creators contact seek us out like Morpheus did Neo, in the Matrix? Also, if we can become self aware, do you think there are ways to dictate what the program does for us? For example, would be able to give themselves a life fortune of gifts, if they figured out main-frame codes? Could one score a date with the hottest girl in school? Could one write a small code that would free themselves from the program?

Tones of things to consider about this topic.

new topics

top topics

join