It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance Device uses WiFi to See Through Walls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just ran across this disturbing bit of possible Big Brother technology being researched in the UK...

Surveillance Device Uses WiFi to See Through Walls

And from the article...

The device, which is about the size of a suitcase and has two antennae and a signal processing unit, works as a "passive radar system" that can "see" through walls, according to PopSci.com. It was able to successfully determine the location, speed, and direction of a person behind a one-foot-thick brick wall, but can not detect people standing or sitting still, the article said.

The implications of this kind of technology, in the use of a paranoid government... is startling, in my opinion.

What say you?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Then think about this:

All the radio signal being broadcasted around us, then there is more or less a constant rainfall of signals being bombarded every where at all times.

Now insert a human, with his own electromagnetic field, and it would be like holding a hand under that waterfall, the signal would be weaker where the human is.

Now take the fact that they could potentially take the Raw data, and make a time laps of anyone moving through an area, using the signal strengths of a local area at that particular time.

Now to be honest, then this idea was presented in the show called "Continuum" however, i see it as very plausible (i may be wrong).

Now i know this technology will (or may even exist now) at some point exist, the question is, are the Sci Fi writers of Continuum just using today's technology and imagining what happens when it goes amok, or is it predictive programming... hmhmhm

Just my 2 cents

Namaste.
edit on 21/8/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I wonder if you could use this to see next door into your 19 year old hot neighbors apartment.... I mean this is a terrible invasion of privacy...
How dare the government use this..... yeah...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am wondering...how did the creators of this technology gain the knowledge to create it?

I sometimes think knowledge from non-earthly sources may be involved.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am wondering...how did the creators of this technology gain the knowledge to create it?

It's all getting weird out here. There is now the potential to build a Flying robotic drone equipped with soft AI facial recognition and direct bio-metric sampling, total communication surveillance equipped with precision laser and sonic weaponry that can cloak against both radar and human view with the added ability to change shape to mimic... Wait a minute that could mean we are surrounded by them already.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

All you'd be able to "see" is a human shape, it's relative dimensions and it's movement.

It's just radar.

I'm trying to think of useful purposes for it.

Determining numbers of hostages and where they are located?

Determining how many "bad guys" are in a building and their basic movements?
edit on 21-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
Wait a minute that could mean we are surrounded by them already.

Surely no inventor could be as arrogant to assume he was the original creator or owner ...
What was it we were assured would be written in a record (clear) ?

All we ever did or have done was the answer . Those of the right and of the left hand...
I hope I need say no more to have made this point .
edit on 21-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This would be fantastic for perimeter surveillance.
You can see if someone is coming up to your home.
If they are in a car you can tell how many are in the car.
If it will penetrate the steel you can see if there are people in a trunk or something like that.

I'd love this for home security. an antenna on each corner of your house and you would know in advance who's on your property.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In nazi germany, they would bust down your front door... and start rummaging through the house... looking for loose floor boards or walls with hiding Jews in them. They are either shot, or arrested and brought to a Nazi death camp...

flash forward 80 years, DHS busts down your doors, holds a hand held scanner up and scans the walls and floors looking for Illegal immigrants and Christians in them. The scanner shows bodies like in the movie true lies. You and they are shot or arrested and brought to a FEMA death camp.

flash forward a few years from then, and the innocent people that were killed watch all the murderers, killers, oppressors, politicians, and haters burning in hell for the atrocities they committed....

wish we could just skip over it all right to the end...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What say you?

I say its time to repaint or setup new wallpaper.
Its easier than standing still.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
Just ran across this disturbing bit of possible Big Brother technology being researched in the UK...

Surveillance Device Uses WiFi to See Through Walls

And from the article...

The device, which is about the size of a suitcase and has two antennae and a signal processing unit, works as a "passive radar system" that can "see" through walls, according to PopSci.com. It was able to successfully determine the location, speed, and direction of a person behind a one-foot-thick brick wall, but can not detect people standing or sitting still, the article said.

The implications of this kind of technology, in the use of a paranoid government... is startling, in my opinion.

What say you?

They can see you moving? I dont see much of a practicable use for it other than to check if you are home. The government has tools at his disposal that are far more effective, but also mundane.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by grey580

All you'd be able to "see" is a human shape, it's relative dimensions and it's movement.

It's just radar.

I'm trying to think of useful purposes for it.

Determining numbers of hostages and where they are located?

Determining how many "bad guys" are in a building and their basic movements?
edit on 21-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Remember this technology is in its infancy and it will greatly improve in the future. Did you see the thread about the camera that can see around corners? The emergence of new technology is not the real problem. the problem is when it is combined with other technologies.... You won't see a "Holy Grail" of the surveillance society but bits and pieces that are woven together like an unseen drag net hanging over society.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

think of it like Echolocation but with WiFi waves instead.
In the second Dark Night movie with The Joker in it, Batman has a device that is around the same idea.
My guess is Bats & Dolphins probably helped inspire this technology instead of non-earthly sources. I see it possible that non-earthly sources have helped us with technology but I don't think this is one of those cases.
edit on 21-8-2012 by knoledgeispower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think a bigger problem is the amount of morons on this site ending their threads with "What say you" ?
Have you any idea what you sound like ? Do you think you sound clever ? Trendy perhaps ?
It just sounds pathetic. "Say i" !

edit on 21-8-2012 by sayzaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
I think a bigger problem is the amount of morons on this site ending their threads with "What say you" ?
Have you any idea what you sound like ? Do you think you sound clever ? Trendy perhaps ?
It just sounds pathetic. "Say i" !

edit on 21-8-2012 by sayzaar because: (no reason given)

The bigger problems is people like you coming onto ATS, posting nothing at all to do with the main topic, just being a smartalec.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Trendy, maybe... but at least my grammar is correct, and I know that only one space comes between the final letter of a word and the following punctuation!

Also, thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the thread whatsoever, and have a nice day!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

You know what is really crazy about this??

We now know about this.......So they have even better tech out already!! This is pretty awesome for TPTB and pretty crappy for anyone getting their civil rights violated!!

Another step in the NWO direction, now they can monitor you through walls......Nice

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It amounts to basically a version of radar as the RF waves change their pattern as they bounce off a person. You don't really "see" anything in terms of a body or that type of visual. They have studied the return wave pattern in various environs to determine what those returns indicate if they are using direct return ballistic WIFI or, when the person(s) walks into a pattern of the WIFI that is proprietary to the room or environment.

edit on 21-8-2012 by CovertOperator because: add pic and description

posted on May, 30 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
some update on the subject

Household Radar Can See Through Walls

new topics

top topics

join