It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Caught Commiting War Crimes (Yet Again)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

What's wrong with that is, according to even the most generous estimates, about 1/3rd of those killed in drone strikes are innocent civilians. Not terrorists.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Terrorism agreed....you know how much hellfires cost?!

:
edit on 22-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Back in 1994 they cost about $40,000 each I imagine they cost less now.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maroboduus
reply to post by TinfoilTP

What's wrong with that is, according to even the most generous estimates, about 1/3rd of those killed in drone strikes are innocent civilians. Not terrorists.

That would mean 2 out of 3 are terrorists. If they would just ware uniforms so we could tell them apart then I am sure those numbers would improve. If we didn't have drones that could stay in an area for long periods of time we would have to go back to split second decisions by pilots or carpet bombing an area to take out the target and those numbers would be much worse.

There will always be collateral damage but the US is doing its best to keep it at a minimum. I assure you they are not trying to hit civilians.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Or we could just, you know.....stop bombing the living hell out of other countries on a daily basis. That would probably cut back on the collateral damage even more, no?
People don't seem to realize, for some odd reason, that terrorist groups that want to destroy the US are formed precisely because of this sort of thing. If some other country was dropping bombs on the US every day, killing a large portion of innocent civilians, don't you think a large number of Americans would want to destroy that country by any means necessary?
And the drone strikes contribute to this even more than conventional warfare, imho.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maroboduus

Or the terrorists could stop attacking bases and hatching plans to attack us that would put an end to our operations over there and our troops could come home. These drone strikes are welcome even by the Pakistani govt they see it as a necessary evil. Just last week one of their bases was attacked by terrorists so I say the terrorists need to stop first IMHO.

Gunmen attack Pakistani base

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join