USA Caught Commiting War Crimes (Yet Again)

page: 1
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thought i would post this because it just shows the mentality of whats going on. Totally disgusting and abhorrent. There are no words that can describe this behaviour strong enough. So let me get this possible example right, a man is killed by a drone, his kids or wife are so upset they run to help dad. The USA then says look more terrorists and kills them also as they try to help the injured.

That sounds pretty damn acurate to me. As I said, there are no words strong enough.



Article:
The US has been carrying out follow-up attacks after its drone strikes in Pakistan, specifically targeting people coming to the aid of the wounded. The tactic has been widely condemned, including by the UN – which considers it a war crime.

A Guardian report by Glenn Greenwald shows the US government's hypocrisy regarding such tactics. While the FBI has warned that “terrorists may use secondary explosive devices to kill and injure emergency personnel responding to an initial attack,” the US regularly applies the same methods.

rt.com...



edit on 21-8-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo






edit on 22/8/2012 by Sauron because: added external quote tags




posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Totally agree,we all say it first hand in the collateral damage video.It seems it is more common than we are led to believe.
Pure evil.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And people wonder why the outside view of America is slanted.....hmmm

America is that alcoholic father who berates the kids for not being good enough, and then America sits on the couch and gets drunk and watches wrestling making the kids get him a beer from the fridge when ole joe boo needs a refill.

America...the great role model.....and Im from America so I can say that.....

kinda like black people and that word they use....its ok...cause they own it. just like America....I own it...



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
A terrible practice in my opinion. However i would like to point out, which was mentioned in the article, the these terror groups utilize the same tactic of employing secondary strikes.

I know there is a difference, but would you be as inclined not to use a tactic that your enemy uses to their full advantage?

To reiterate my opinion, no it is not justified.

It is hard to determine hostile from neutral through a drone camera




+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   


Russia cant arm Syria, but America can arm Bahrain and Syrian Rebals.

I could list a super massive lost of hypocrisy that america lies comfortably with, but I'm sure we all know how bad they are by now so I'll just link this:


mtwsfh.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 21-8-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
A terrible practice in my opinion. However i would like to point out, which was mentioned in the article, the these terror groups utilize the same tactic of employing secondary strikes.

I know there is a difference, but would you be as inclined not to use a tactic that your enemy uses to their full advantage?

To reiterate my opinion, no it is not justified.

It is hard to determine hostile from neutral through a drone camera




Yes, the article does show how America is using terrorist tactics. Two wrongs never make a right IMO. Terrorism is terrorism, plain and simple.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs
 


which is why, in my opinion, the US shouldn't even be using drones in these areas. The only people who benefit from their use are their manufacturers, as killing civilians only creates more enemies, and drones have killed thousands of civilians since there introduction... Shame on every american (and Brit) who continues to support our wars.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by MDDoxs
 


which is why, in my opinion, the US shouldn't even be using drones in these areas. The only people who benefit from their use are their manufacturers, as killing civilians only creates more enemies, and drones have killed thousands of civilians since there introduction... Shame on every american (and Brit) who continues to support our wars.


To be honest i do not place to much fault of the citizens or even those in the military. This is all controlled by the upper echelons of military, government and business.

The young kid pulling the trigger for a missle through the robotic lense of a drone is just doing what he is told, and to him the targets are just blips on his screen.

The majority of the general public will be blissfully unaware of these issues anymore. I would suggest directing you anger up towards those who hold the power and order such atrocities.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to
theGreatunhosed...

Not only that, but it's pretty damn easy to kill without getting their hands dirty.
Heck, it's almost as easy as playing a video game.

Imagine, some guy in his camo-jammies sippin on a coffee on a comfy chair blowin up evil doers with a joystick in his hand. Fire! Ha! Ha! Take that!
Sort of takes all the real gory emotion out of it, but it's still a thrill, just like a game.

Just wait until the human element is taken out altogether, and any emotion at all, set robots to kill, 'that was easy!'

Wouldn't it be fun running from killer drones in your own skies? You could wave to the guy sitting in his comfy chair as he locks on to your friendly gesture.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs
 


The villagers living with their families who are fighting the illegal invaders are not terrorists. If a foreign group of thugs armed to the teeth with drones invaded my village I would certainly fight back, does that make me a terrorist?

I don't agree with many of the Afghan/Pakistani traditions, I could go on forever about certain aspects of Afghan/Pakistani life that I'm against, but we are still the illegal invaders, and we are the terrorists. In my opinion this cannot be disputed.


ETA:

I believe the practice you have mentioned is called "baiting" and American snipers also use it.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube about it, and even some mainstream articles with actual service members confirming this practice to be commonly used in Iraq and Afghanistan.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If they shoot a terrorist and more terrorists show up that is just more targets, what's the problem here?



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
If they shoot a terrorist and more terrorists show up that is just more targets, what's the problem here?


Probably exactly what the 9/11 guys were thinking too. No problem with that either?

Silly remark.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Thought i would post this because it just shows the mentality of whats going on. Totally disgusting and abhorrent. There are no words that can describe this behaviour strong enough. So let me get this possible example right, a man is killed by a drone, his kids or wife are so upset they run to help dad. The USA then says look more terrorists and kills them also as they try to help the injured.

That sounds pretty damn acurate to me. As I said, there are no words strong enough.


Article:
The US has been carrying out follow-up attacks after its drone strikes in Pakistan, specifically targeting people coming to the aid of the wounded. The tactic has been widely condemned, including by the UN – which considers it a war crime.

A Guardian report by Glenn Greenwald shows the US government's hypocrisy regarding such tactics. While the FBI has warned that “terrorists may use secondary explosive devices to kill and injure emergency personnel responding to an initial attack,” the US regularly applies the same methods.

rt.com...



edit on 21-8-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo



Aaaahhhh.... shucks....! And to think if 9/11 never happened we could have left them all alone to kill each other instead. Carry on !



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
it's a tactic; is it right or wrong i think it's a grey area depending on which side you are on, could the people coming to the aid of the first strike victims be more enemies possibly, o ris it people who just want to help no matter who it was.

but let's not forget extremists use this same tactic with car bombs

the first car bomb goes off then when rescue workers,bystanders, etc come to the help a second one goes off. I think that's evil.

In war, you are going to have war crimes atrocious acts against the enemy and civilans it's a fact, and I know the USA is suppose to be a role model but this is a war none the less it's going to happen.

just look at Syria and Libya tons of war crimes are happening, just saying it'll never stop, but i guess bringing to light the acts might curtail it in the future.
edit on 21-8-2012 by kyoiism because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
United States ARE the terrorists, plain and simple. And the sooner everybody understands that, scenarios like these becomes perfectly logical although disgusting.

The "soldiers" killing these people have forgotten their humanity. I dont care what country they are from. Its all part of the worst we can do to each other. Humans where empathy has been programmed away.

I honestly cant understand humans like this. Its like they are part of another species. But I hope one day they will change their ways. If they knew the victims and their families, any good person could never forgive themselves for causing that pain to them.

If its true that we experience the pain we caused others when we leave this world, these guys will understand what I mean when they die.

edit on 21-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think MDDoxs said it best.

One thing to add to that though, we have to remember we are dealing with a non-uniformed force. In a typical war, involving nations, medical/rescue personnel and resources are marked and are agreeably off-limits.

When you are dealing with non-uniformed, guerrilla fighters, the lack of a front line battle and clearly identifiable enemy makes everything go crazy. War is hell anyway, but like this... yikes.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
A terrible practice in my opinion. However i would like to point out, which was mentioned in the article, the these terror groups utilize the same tactic of employing secondary strikes.

I know there is a difference, but would you be as inclined not to use a tactic that your enemy uses to their full advantage?

To reiterate my opinion, no it is not justified.

It is hard to determine hostile from neutral through a drone camera




This is what is considered the fog of war. It is unfortunate but it has existed in every war.



posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Aaaahhhh.... shucks....! And to think if 9/11 never happened we could have left them all alone to kill each other instead. Carry on !


I dont recall seeing women and children flying those jets into the towers,
But great logic however, now that the west has killed so many innocent civillians in countries not involved, I suppose you will have no trouble being a victim yourself.
Have a nice day.



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar
 


Good luck rousing much interest in this, but thank you for posting its good to know some people care enough to highlight these issues ... it seems our people are so desensitized that they don't even care that Bain Capital was seeded with $9M from families related to the funding El Salvador death squads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted a few comments on yahoo today about it and nope .... No one said a thing in response... just carried on with the usual playground political rhetoric..



posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Thought i would post this because it just shows the mentality of whats going on. Totally disgusting and abhorrent. There are no words that can describe this behaviour strong enough. So let me get this possible example right, a man is killed by a drone, his kids or wife are so upset they run to help dad. The USA then says look more terrorists and kills them also as they try to help the injured.

That sounds pretty damn acurate to me. As I said, there are no words strong enough.


Article:
The US has been carrying out follow-up attacks after its drone strikes in Pakistan, specifically targeting people coming to the aid of the wounded. The tactic has been widely condemned, including by the UN – which considers it a war crime.

A Guardian report by Glenn Greenwald shows the US government's hypocrisy regarding such tactics. While the FBI has warned that “terrorists may use secondary explosive devices to kill and injure emergency personnel responding to an initial attack,” the US regularly applies the same methods.

rt.com...



edit on 21-8-2012 by TheMindWar because: Typo


Welcome to the world of politics, my friend, glad to have you with us.

Every source ever cited has it's agenda... and the second you think that source has no agenda... you are a statistic towards that source's success.

Why?

Because everyone has a family that wants to eat... and these days... everyone's hungry.

Respectively, though, welcome to 2012. Glad to be at your acquaintance.
edit on 22-8-2012 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)


Think about it like this... the ATS' point system was paid out by money. If you can make the biggest ripple with your thread and get the most flags, stars, and replies you'd get MILLIONS.... get it?

What's a trend you see throughout underground media sites? U.S. IS EVIL!!! THE END IS NIGH!!! SAVE WATER AND SEEDS!!!!
Fear... money is wrong yet are lives depend on it. Hook. Line. Sinker
edit on 22-8-2012 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)





new topics
 
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join