It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamanomics? Almost 500,000 Federal Workers Make Over $100,000

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I get so frustrated with these government hate rants. Why the hell would anyone want to cut good jobs for working people, many of which provide valuable services??

And these are usually the same people who if you criticize CEO's making millions a year whether they perform or not accuse you of being jealous, but they sure sound jealous to me every time they whine about government pay and retirement.

I'm a federal employee now and I make less than I would for the same job in the private sector, so these bogus rants really annoy me.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I'm a federal employee now and I make less than I would for the same job in the private sector, so these bogus rants really annoy me.

I bet since you are a federal employee you don't have to pay taxes....Now don't lie to me because me being in the military which is a federal job I didn't have to pay taxes. So you admitted about not paying taxes and yet you still find these rants annoying?...Maybe you should stay out of these threads....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RancorXXX

when are you folks going to QUIT re-writing history ???

All these pay rule changes were made in the last few months of 2009, before Obama was sworn into office.
Obama was inaugurated Jan 20, 2009 ... in other words, he was already seated and fully functioning by Dec 2009 ... at least get the dates right, will ya ??

yes, Bush had increases but so did Obama ... and guess what ?? with Obamacare (PPACA), the Obama increases are still increasing by the day.

more Federal employees with a bigger payroll with more benefits and all culminating in less service overall ... don't know about you but i'd like a refund please.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Bush federal pay raises for 2009 - 3% and then 3.9% -- nearly 7%.

Obama's first federal pay raise (came in 2010) - 2%. Followed by a 2-yr pay freeze.
For 2013, he proposed a 0.5% pay raise.

Obama did not write the 2009 budget, nor did he have any affect on pay hikes in 2009.

As the USA Today article mentioned, the 3 driving forces in the increase in Federal pay came at the behest of Bush in 2009. (pay hikes, pay caps removed, and new pay system created).

The Breitbart rehash of this 2009 article is a gross distortion of the facts.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Obama additions to the workforce = 7% increase so where's the difference ?

hmmmm, Obama continues the pay raises in 2010 but he's off the hook for the "raise" ??
ok, whatever.

i never said he wrote the 2009 budget, but i did say he was/could have refused/withdrawn or re-written the 2010 INCREASES that ppl keep saying either Bush did or Obama isn't to blame.

what Bush did, he did ... this is Obama's folly ... at least admit it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What's wrong with making over $100k? I make over $100k (It takes 2 jobs) but I went to school & worked my ass off and I sacrificed A LOT to do it. You sound just like the "You didn't build that" crowd!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Is it the fault of the federal employee that the private sector used the recession to gut the american worker. Companies posted record profits and cut the benefits of the employee 'cause they needed to save the business.

Has all of society become the haves and have not. I remember as a kid being taught that if I wanted more money to go work for it but now it is a matter of fairness. I'm getting tired of eveyone screaming like little children, it's not fair someone makes more money than me. I am a govenment employee, I don't make anywhere near 100,000. I DO PAY with holding taxes every two weeks and I work a part time job.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt OP, but its posts like this that prove what a fail blog breitbart.com is. Why would they recycle an old 2009 story in 2012 - just to embarrass Obama for something done by Bush and the 2009 congress?

Look at how federal workers feel about Obama - they hate him for posting the smallest raise in 50 years, and then posing a 2 year moratorium on pay raises. He is also re-imposing the pay caps. That will bring salaries back down. That's the limit of what he can do - which is basically to UN-do the damage done by Bush.

In fact, it was Bush who opened the genie's bottle on federal pay raises. First, he created the "pay for performance" pay scale at the Pentagon, which led to major pay hikes there. Second he removed salary caps, which as already mentioned, led to all those workers salaries jumping up to their bosses level.

Keep in mind, the govt still has to compete for the "best and brightest". You don't get top-shelf scientists at Los Alamos or NASA by paying low salaries.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by CB328

I bet since you are a federal employee you don't have to pay taxes....Now don't lie to me because me being in the military which is a federal job I didn't have to pay taxes. So you admitted about not paying taxes and yet you still find these rants annoying?...Maybe you should stay out of these threads....

That's just stupid. We all pay taxes. Income taxes, ssi taxes, everything any other private worker pays. Such ignorance.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

We all pay taxes.

Do we really? When you say "We all" that means every living soul....Are you sure that we all pay taxes?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

You get the dumbest post award for the week.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
No doubt there are federal employees reading and posting on ATS from work, using government systems, and it is not part of their job description. Sweet.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You get the dumbest post award for the week.

You get the lamest attack award of the century....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

So I'm replying to my dumbest post of the week...Is it really that dumb?.....I think I'm giving up on ATS.....Most people here are actually STUPID.........

Don't ACT like you are smart, be smart......
edit on 26-8-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join