It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion priesthood: the first ones to accept Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightInTwo
reply to post by artistpoet

What are you talking about? That's what the entire first segment of the first zeitgeist is about???

Oh I do apologize I never watched right through I guess
So what do they say about Orion?
I thought it was to do with how religion stems from Sun - Cant remember Orion mentioned

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I thought it was to do with how religion stems from Sun - Cant remember Orion mentioned

Well, yeah -- Obviously the Sun would be important to early man. It provided light, warmth, and made his food grow. So, it makes sense that early religions would involve the Sun. It was the single most important object in his daily life.

However, that does not necessarily explain the ideals and dogma of Christianity; in fact worshipping the Sun goes against Judeo-Christian teachings. When Christians say Jesus was the son of God, they feel he literally was a person sent to by God to live among the people. I don't know how the "Sun" is involved with Jesus.

NOTE -- again, I'm not necessarily a religious person NOR non-religious person, so I don't want to have a "do you believe in God and Jesus" discussion. I'm just pointing out what early Christians believed.

edit on 8/20/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by artistpoet

Well, yeah -- Obviously the Sun would be important to early man. It provided light, warmth, and made his food grow. So, it makes sense that early religions would involve the Sun. It was the single most important object in his daily life.

However, that does not necessarily explain the ideals and dogma of Christianity; in fact worshipping the Sun goes against Judeo-Christian teachings. When Christians say Jesus was the son of God, they feel he literally was a person sent to by God to live among the people. I don't know how the "Sun" is involved with Jesus.

NOTE -- again, I'm not necessarily a religious person NOR non-religious person, so I don't want to have a "do you believe in God and Jesus" discussion. I'm just pointing out what early Christians believed.

edit on 8/20/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Have you read of the early Christians - there belief was Gnostic
The Sun is important to them also and also other influences on early Christianity came from Hermetic thought.
When you delve into such things The Sun is seen as the gateway to the soul literally.
Dante 1300 a Christian poet speaks of the Sun and indeed all the visible planets - He is drawing on ancient texts for this knowledge.
Jesus the Son or Sun - Light of the World - There most certainly is a link apart from the sanitized version of Christainity

<< 1   >>

join