It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter to George W Bush- a wake up call to the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
On the morning of September 11th, 2001, within three hours of the attack, Ehud Barak was interviewed by the BBC. He twice said the attack was probably done by bin Laden; there needs to be a war on terrorism; three countries should be dealt with(Libya, Iraq, and Iran); no one could have foreseen an attack of this magnitude; our way of life is threatened.

Everything he said became a talking point in the western media for years, yet he was able to figure this out in three hours.

Here is the eight minute interview:
www.youtube.com...

I stress that Ahmadinejad's letter was received by two governments, the U.S. and Israel, and this is why it was ignored. America's foreign policy is directly linked to Israel, and Ahmadinejad's letter was an appeal to the sovereignty of the U.S. government.

Ehud Barak presently holds the positions of Minister of Defense, and Deputy Prime Minister of Israel, under Netanyahu.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
That was a letter from Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Bush in 2006. It raises some good points - not that it will ever be seen as anything but propaganda. Let the Islamaphobia begin...

Iran still hangs gays and women who get raped..... I guess that's just Islamophobia huh?

By the way, you all know Bush hasn't been p[resident for quite some time now? I realize you cant bring yourself to criticize the party and president who have been in charge for a while now, but pretending we're living in 2006 is not healthy.
edit on 20-8-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by DBCooper71
I heard George W Bush doesn't read anything unless it's written in crayon.

Nah he reads to kids about pet goats while his country is under attack.

He really likes that book, plus that school was the safest building at the time. Now if they publicly announced the Presidents plans for that day.... lets say 6 days prior to the visit to that school... It would be a different story.

Elementary schools have the best defense against jets used as weapons.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm slightly breathless about the cavlier answers, so will refrain to stay in control of myself, instead this for you...

Get off your butt, go outside and look around.
Are you in that war zone?
Is it your families very breath that is threatened?
No?
Then let comapssion be your view for all of them, yours and theirs, good lord!

It is possible to govern based on an approach that is distinctly different from one of coercion, force and injustice.

from his letter to the people of all really

I'm a woman, and I consider myself to be somewhat intellegent and I sometimes function in the complete opposite.
As a Westernised Pommie Expellee who deep down really likes the Monarchy but who is eternally as equally fascinated by the Middle East(not for political reasons mind) more middle earthish
but who has her own reservations concerning few points about the middle East, that would not be an excuse to blindly destroy more of our combined histories, it's so dumb and wasteful., I would rather throw food away sometimes.
How is this going to be the defining period of all our lives and our times, that great fact, that we continued and persisted with outdated and dangerous methods of trying to help people, only few in fact are helped by any of it.

The planet is covered with prophets/proffits
I guess the point I'm trying to make is, it is still just a country with many many families trying to do the best they can, just like us, and he most certainly doesn't sound like an unreasonable man for a converstaion and a cup of coffee.
I'm one of these people who watched every documantary I could get my hands on (great job guys - my prophets),and to the rolling eyes, quite frequently of my family, but they learnt something always.
I don't know what that is unless they verbalise it to me themselves. We both saw the same documantary and collectively we had ideas and points of view from an indivual viewer/personality/racial/sexual/age/star signs (?!).
it's really quite a facinating thing, open discussion.
we have a show down here on ABC called Focus, it is a discussion panel made of general public and incredibly rainbow in the gamet of people who attend (Australia is litterally the licorice all sorts of lollies
), and they have open discussions about a lot of very sensistive stuff. but in our way, down here we learn to take discussion (on these types of forums) gently, the only down side is they are not long enough.

The people in the audiance come in with their own oppinions but they may also walk out with new ones too, as indeed the viewer ususally does. It's like a window because curiosity is natural too.
A small number of truly warmongering/bored people are ruining it for the rest of us and it's inevitably, our childrens children who will judge us as we continue to judge past wrongs in a tainted light also.

Those statisitics are quite shocking, by the way, just saying, as are the suicide rates for the American troops based there.

"Enough already!"
It doesn't/shouldn't have to be said with violence from anyone, your youth are either terrified or in tantrum mode or feel untouchable, and none of these qualities I encourage in my own children

It is my belief there are people right now who could help this situation in a very positive way for all involved I have faith in our combined humaity that it is possible. Am I the one now being cavalear?

None of us even know what is at ransom

My mum, just to remind some people, travelled all through the Middle East as a late fiftees lady on her own, for six weeks! First international trip (aside from New Zealend
)
The news told Dad and I that there were bombings and death and we sat all the way down here wondering if we would ever see her again. She was my hero of courage i couldn't beleieve she did it all by herself.
She had a wonderful time and couldn't credit the people enough, every one she came in contact with was friendly and open, she felt very comfortable there.
A few years later (and another Mid East trip later, to boot) and she says to me it felt like going home.

I kind of feel like, if there's something worth destroying then there would be something worth saving too, another mans trash, an all that....
I hope some can see sense
please
edit on 20-8-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Trying to understand the reasoning for this. It's not 2006, President Bush hasn't been in office for over six years, pretty sure he can't run for it again. So whats this have to do with the poor state of our nation under obama?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
reply to post by JamesCookieIII

"generally speaking i find devout religious followers (although shia law is sometimes bass ackwards) of any creed to be more intelligent than those who cannot find reason in a world like this."

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Trying to understand the reasoning for this. It's not 2006, President Bush hasn't been in office for over six years, pretty sure he can't run for it again. So whats this have to do with the poor state of our nation under obama?

Six years? Obama has only been in office for three years. So who was in office between Bush and Obama?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'll reserve judgement on this issue until after I find the time to travel throughout the Middle East...

Hopefully it's still there in the five years it takes to raise money and learn the language.

Anyone here been spent extensive time in Iran? Not expecting any yes's there. Mecca? Egypt? Anyone at all who jumps to the Anti-American conclusion that has firsthand experience in the Arab world? Eh, probably not too many Muslims on a site like this, good way to double the number of Feds snooping on them. Same goes to anyone who traveled in Islamic countries. So I'll assume no's across the board.

I think a good portion of the problem is the quickness of judgement. Al Qaeda recruits have an incomplete idea of what the West is like, as the West has an incomplete idea on what Arabia is like. A lot of Muslims in America seem okay with our civilization, I'll defer to them for now.

Maybe a good way to fuel the peace process is to encourage Americans to travel in the Middle East, spend some cash, and get a better idea on the issues.

But, yeah, let's allocate some of that defense budget toward more productive global activity. The more we militarize, the more everyone else has to.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

You may have a different president but I can assure you it is the same people pulling the strings and calling the shots.

American foreign policy hasn't changed since 2006, the government stills spends billions on 'defense', so the letter is very relevant to today's America IMO.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Iran still hangs gays and women who get raped..... I guess that's just Islamophobia huh?

Really? what a barbaric nation ...

You do know that in Saudi Arabia, they behead the first, and stone the latter ... and they're you friends right?

And do you know how many "innocent" people have been "fried" in the U.S. Do you count? Do you feel bad about all those "innocent" people, that get murdered? what about the "cops" that murder some homelss guy on the street? Don't feel a lot better, that the cops go out there and murder these bad homeless people ... I mean those homeless, are probably all bad people right ... it's a crime to be homeless in the U.S. right.

I'll say to you, as Jesus said ... "may the one without sin, cast the first stone".

And the citizens of the US, sir, are this earths ... most viollent and most foul sinner that has ever existed on this planet. And do not have the right, to cast any stone.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Ooops. Fingers hit reply before brain engaged. I was looking at the date on the letter instead.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

If anywhere needs a healthy dose of American-style "liberation and democracy," I say it's the Saudis. Far as I'm concerned, the best thing the US could do right now to bring peace to the middle east is eliminate that entire bloody country as a player in the region. Remove the government, crack down on the extremists.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by bjarneorn

If anywhere needs a healthy dose of American-style "liberation and democracy," I say it's the Saudis. Far as I'm concerned, the best thing the US could do right now to bring peace to the middle east is eliminate that entire bloody country as a player in the region. Remove the government, crack down on the extremists.

Hmmm, i wonder why that'll never happen...

(at least not while the black gold flows)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Really? what a barbaric nation ...

You do know that in Saudi Arabia, they behead the first, and stone the latter ... and they're you friends right?

And do you know how many "innocent" people have been "fried" in the U.S. Do you count? Do you feel bad about all those "innocent" people, that get murdered? what about the "cops" that murder some homelss guy on the street? Don't feel a lot better, that the cops go out there and murder these bad homeless people ... I mean those homeless, are probably all bad people right ... it's a crime to be homeless in the U.S. right.

I'll say to you, as Jesus said ... "may the one without sin, cast the first stone".

And the citizens of the US, sir, are this earths ... most viollent and most foul sinner that has ever existed on this planet. And do not have the right, to cast any stone.

I'll give you another saying,

Two wrongs don't make a right

Sure the U.S. issues you point out are 100% legitimate and it has no moral high ground.

However, that doesn't mean it's enemies can take that high ground simply by default. They too have to earn it.

Any nation that beheads and stones because of frowned upon sexual conduct also has no moral high ground and no more place in a discussion regarding the ethics of fairness.

But, as ludicrous as it is for such a nation to preach to another about human rights, it should at least be commended for debating it out loud.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

- George W. Bush isn't in office. That was from 7 years ago. Old news.

- That 'letter' is just a bunch of pro-Iranian propaganda pumped out by Iran with their slant on it. Example - 'countries bombed by Iran' with nothing after it ... poppycock ... Iran is engaged in state sponsored terrorism all around the world. It kills people with guns and bombs every day. It is actively engaged in a cyber war against the USA .. hitting us from South America and Mexico.

- Iran apologists suck this crap up but don't bother to scratch the surface of the candy coating that Iran presents to the world. Iran is not innocent.

- Apologists will flame away ... but it's the truth. Deal with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

What i find starnge about that pic that shows all the countries the USA have fought since WW2 is that before WW2 the british used to fight most of those same countries. we even fought them before we needed oil.
edit on 22-8-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

:shk: Get a freak'n grip. Read and educate yourself.

Amnesty International - Human Rights Abuses Iran
Human Rights Watch - Iran
International Campaign for Human Rights - Iran

Iran imprisons and tortures journalists and students ... and puts many to death.
Iran imprisons and tortures women ... because they dare to show an ankle or wrist.
Iran imprisons and tortures and puts to death Christians who refuse to convert to Islam.
Iran puts homosexuals to death simply for being homosexual.
Iran is all set to put a mentally retarded girl to death because she had a burned page of the quran.

Iran sponsors Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and others around the world. Iran kills people every day with their bombs and guns and their sponsorship. They are not innocent. They are involved in South America and Mexico, killing people there, as well as waging a covert cyber war against the USA from those locations.

Iran State Sponsor of Terrorism
About Terrorism - Iran
Iran The Leading State Sponsor of Terrorism

There is increasing – and compelling – evidence of Iranian footprints in a series of recent aborted terrorist attacks in India, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Thailand.

The Indian police have just reported that the Iranian connection to the bombing of the Israeli Embassy car has been “conclusively established” and that the bombing was connected to a botched attack targeting Israeli consular staff in Bangkok.

edit on 8/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

"Maybe a good way to fuel the peace process is to encourage Americans to travel in the Middle East, spend some cash, and get a better idea on the issues."

Spend WHAT cash????

I mean... Seriously?! Our own govt robbed us of that!
edit on 22-8-2012 by wylekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just your typical twisted propaganda nonsense, by a man with a far more twisted view of morality.

Not worth reading.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Just your typical twisted propaganda nonsense, by a man with a far more twisted view of morality.

Not worth reading.

Mr. President,

How much longer can the world tolerate this situation? Where will this trend lead the world? How long must the people of the world pay for the incorrect decisions of some rulers? If billions of dollars spent on security, military campaigns and troop movement were instead spent on investment and assistance for poor countries, promotion of health, combating different diseases, education and improvement of mental and physical fitness, assistance to the victims of natural disasters, creation of employment opportunities and production, development projects and poverty alleviation, establishment of peace, mediation between disputing states, and extinguishing the flames of racial, ethnic and other conflicts, where would the world be today? Would not your government and people be justifiably proud?

That is not propaganda, that is a genuine question everyone should be asking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join