It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*My* evidence that we landed the Rover on Mars - Images.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sorry. If there is one thing I do believe, it is that we did land the rover on Mars.

I took an image from the MARDI (Mars Descent Imager) and matched it up to an image from Google Mars. Have a look for yourself. And if you want to double check Google Mars (you can get there from Google Earth), just type in "Gale Crater" and it will come up.

So here are the images: First one from Google Mars, and the second if from a MARDI image:

edit on 8/18/2012 by impaired because: Edited the title a tad.

Watch the video in 1080 HD. Fullscreen.

edit on 8/18/2012 by impaired because: Updated video. Added 50 or so more frames - smoother!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wait, I'm a little new.

Is there a theory that we didn't land a rover on mars?

It was a pretty well documented, and widely followed event. Seems a little silly to think that it was faked.

What would be the point of that?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals
Wait, I'm a little new.

It was a pretty well documented, and widely followed event. Seems a little silly to think that it was faked.

There most certainly are people here who think we didn't land on Mars, let alone the Moon.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sorry, I may be missing something here OP. Are you saying the two images match, therefor that is irrefutable proof that we landed on Mars? If so, I'd have to disagree.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

But those are both things we can prove. Quite easily in fact.

One of the moon missions left mirrors on mars. We bounce lasers off them frequently to measure the distance between us.

And the Mars rover was photographed in orbit, as well as during it's descent by many different Astronomy observatories.

This isn't exactly like proving the existence of Bigfoot. This is like arguing whether or not evolution exists. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean it's not fact.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Wait, I'm a little new.

Although I understand why you'd say the above, I'd have to ask you think out of the box sometimes. I've always wondered how people can be %100 certain of anything without experiencing it themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Wait, I'm a little new.

Although I understand why you'd say the above, I'd have to ask you think out of the box sometimes. I've always wondered how people can be %100 certain of anything without experiencing it themselves.

Hey - I agree with the part of how you have to (should) experience things first hand to believe it, but come on. You can't go to Mars, can you? Is Google Earth fake? Is Google Mars fake? I HIGHLY doubt it. And watch the video. It all makes sense. It adds up.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They probably did land on Mars, though it’s difficult for someone to conclusively prove so unless you’ve got a telescope that could literally spot the rover. I don’t see any real reason why they would fake such a thing with no men on the craft? What would the point be in faking it? They already steal billions of dollars, they wouldn’t need this as a cover to steal more.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
the earth is round and i can prove it

do you really care if a few odd balls don't believe that the rover didn't land on mars

its not like NASA have any thing to gain by lying about a rover on mars

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

The world and universe is a very big place. It would be impossible to be there for every event. But because I wasn't there doesn't mean it didn't happen. I wasn't there for WW2, the formation of our solar system, the discovery of uranium, invention of the wheel and fire, but I'm pretty sure all these things happened.

Science has to be taken from outside sources. You can not prove molecular theories with a pen and paper at home. You can't collide particles in your bedroom, or watch a black hole form from your balcony. Some things you have to take as fact without asking why.

Science doesn't need your belief to exist.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Wait, I'm a little new.

Hey - I agree with the part of how you have to (should) experience things first hand to believe it, but come on. You can't go to Mars, can you? Is Google Earth fake? Is Google Mars fake? I HIGHLY doubt it. And watch the video. It all makes sense. It adds up.

I'm not saying I dont "believe in" certain things. However, I don't have %100 belief in things I don't experience ...how can you? Did we land on Mars? I don't know. I'll never know, for certain. However, I do think its probable that we did.

link   

Sorry, I may be missing something here OP. Are you saying the two images match, therefor that is irrefutable proof that we landed on Mars? If so, I'd have to disagree.

Please don't twist my words. Look at the title to the OP:

"*My* evidence that we landed the Rover on Mars - Images"

"My evidence".

Ryansuperman - I gotcha.

edit on 8/18/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

link   
So in otherwords what you're saying is that they didn't get some hollywood special effects person to use the Google image and incorporate it into the video that NASA is trying to say was taken from the lander, is that it? And because you can line them up that means it automatically is true? No nasa would never higher a special effects person, and they went to the moon, and that wasn't hollywood special effects either. Wake up.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

but I'm pretty sure all these things happened.

Exactly. "Pretty sure" is what I'm saying. You're not %100 certain, you can't be.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
So in otherwords what you're saying is that they didn't get some hollywood special effects person to use the Google image and incorporate it into the video that NASA is trying to say was taken from the lander, is that it? And because you can line them up that means it automatically is true? No nasa would never higher a special effects person, and they went to the moon, and that wasn't hollywood special effects either. Wake up.

Of COURSE that's possible. I don't believe it, however.

You do. That's your choice and prerogative.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"My evidence".

Ryansuperman - I gotcha.

I'm just saying I dont think that matching two images is proof of anything. I'm not putting down this guys belief, just saying, it doesn't prove anything. I could create two images and call them whatever I want from two different perspectives, and it wouldn't be proof of the image I created's existance.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
wait

people are disputing rover landings now ?

get a life

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Exactly. "Pretty sure" is what I'm saying. You're not %100 certain, you can't be.

There we go.
It's all semantics, but yeah - I'm "pretty sure", but of course I can't be 100% certain because I wasn't there...

Regardless - the evidence is enough for ME.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

"My evidence".

Ryansuperman - I gotcha.

I'm just saying I dont think that matching two images is proof of anything. I'm not putting down this guys belief, just saying, it doesn't prove anything. I could create two images and call them whatever I want from two different perspectives, and it wouldn't be proof of the image I created's existance.

Do you trust Google Earth, Google Moon, and Google Mars?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

There we go.
It's all semantics, but yeah - I'm "pretty sure", but of course I can't be 100% certain because I wasn't there...

Regardless - the evidence is enough for ME.

Exactly

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join