It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix law abuse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi

I was giving it a little thought so its not perfect but it shows where i have the idea.

In Poland few years ago parlament created a law to forbid tv stations to air commercials for longer period than 5mins every half hour continuusly!(SP?). - we can imagine the intent -> to make less commercials an hour than it was before...
What happenned instead was longer commerial breaks becaus they found a hole in law in the "continnuus" so they broke the commercials in few blocks adding thier own "tv station program ads"(these are not classified as commercials ...)

NOW
what i think is laking in law formation (legislation) is writen intent of law maker. Like a guide to what was the driving force to create the law.

Now let us take a leap and add a comment like (programers will understand) place for intent to be wrinten into the law and these should be guides to use when judging someone...

When intent gets aged it should be fixed addding new intentions.

Sorry if i made it complex - the idead alone is simple.
It would allow us regular people to judge in our own heads what is the intent of law maker, it would make obsolete laws vanish. And yet the best it would help courts to interpret the law since intent....

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
not even one response?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That would be great in a perfect world, I agree. However, every time I leave the house I run into folks that would make this impossible. I know you do too. All of us do. If people were equal in their thinking and judgement we wouldn't have an issue, but I can see folks really going out on a limb explaining how one law made it ok for them to run red lights every 2nd Tuesday of the month and then getting away with endangering others because....well...they thought that is what the law inferred.

I hope I understood your post correctly. It is a good idea in a utopian society.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
i get your point. maybe it would not work with all the law avenues but lets take a look at assault.
You all remeber girl beign aressted for using bubbles agains a policeman lol.. Well is intent was spelled out for "assault on a officer" as a lets say - intended to protect officers from injury and loss of life. then there would be no way to abuse it as that cop did. I get hi was trying to keep position of power and i bet there is a low agains humiliating an officer..

I hope you get my point

all im thinking about is these kind of absurdities when law is used for ill intent or just to make a booking / give a ticket.

new topics

top topics

join