It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott's Ship Terra Nova Found off Greenland.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Please forgive me if this has already been posted, but I looked and I couldn't see any reference to it here on ATS...

I wasn't sure where to place this thread so please move if you need to......

The SS Terra Nova, the ship that carried Captain Robert Scott on his doomed expedition to the Antarctic a century ago, has been discovered off Greenland and they weren't even looking for it.

It was discovered by a team from a US research company using a hi-tech underwater vehicle after they spotted an unusual object while testing their sonar equipment.

Scott and his party set off from Cardiff aboard the Terra Nova in 1910 with the aim of becoming the first expedition to reach the South Pole.

www.dailymail.co.uk... eeds-newsxml

The Terra Nova

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is a really great find, always been interested in the polar expeditions from the early 1900's.
Haven't got a lot of time to look at this now but from the couple of pics I've seen this looks very interesting.

That ship had a very eventful life, polar expeditions and also helping out during the second world war.

S & F

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am cornfused here....If they were headed for the Antarctic right? and now we found the ship off Greenland.......
well....?
Doesnt that sound a little off course?
Or were they gonna go to Greenland and take a bunch of pctures of themselves aganst the glaciers and just say they went to Antarctica?
I think theres a conspiracy to be had here...........................

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Don't think so mate. Did you read the article??

The ship was being used during World War II when it sank.
It hadn't been to the Antarctic in some years before this happened.

new topics

top topics

join