It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beach Boys - 50 Year Celebration!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Beach Boys... I can't think of a cooler group in history.
Come on, there HAVE to be some more Beach Boys fans around here!

I'll kick it off with 409!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be nice

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Love the song In My Room..............................Pet Sounds though one of the top ten albums of all time.....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ah, yes! Something for us old Chevy runners.
The good ol' days of driving crazy showing off that horsepower.
Makes me want to pull out the set of original ralley hubcaps I have and polish them up.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
In those days, even though I was a teenager, my father would not let me listen to rock and roll. He was from the swing era and was also heavily into barbershop quartet singing. That was my key. I said "dad, listen to these guys, listen to the chords, listen to the harmony" and I got him to listen to Little Duece Coup. Well he did and because of the Beach Boys, he grudgingly told me I could begin listening to rock.
So I immediately went out and brought home "Pappa's Got a Brand New Bag". Oops!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
In those days, even though I was a teenager, my father would not let me listen to rock and roll. He was from the swing era and was also heavily into barbershop quartet singing. That was my key. I said "dad, listen to these guys, listen to the chords, listen to the harmony" and I got him to listen to Little Duece Coup. Well he did and because of the Beach Boys, he grudgingly told me I could begin listening to rock.
So I immediately went out and brought home "Pappa's Got a Brand New Bag". Oops!

Good choice, totally..................

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

In those days, even though I was a teenager, my father would not let me listen to rock and roll. He was from the swing era and was also heavily into barbershop quartet singing. That was my key. I said "dad, listen to these guys, listen to the chords, listen to the harmony" and I got him to listen to Little Duece Coup. Well he did and because of the Beach Boys, he grudgingly told me I could begin listening to rock. So I immediately went out and brought home "Pappa's Got a Brand New Bag". Oops!

Haha!!! Great story!!

edit on 17-8-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let's keep it rolling with California Girls!

The music for the song came from Brian Wilson's first '___' experience. In the Beautiful Dreamer documentary, Wilson said that shortly after taking '___', he ran up to a bedroom and hid under a pillow, shouting "I'm afraid of my mom, I'm afraid of my dad." Sometime later, he left the room and went to a piano. He started playing in the bass the B-F#-G# pattern over and over, and then added in the right hand after a few minutes a B chord, moving to an A chord. Within a half hour, he had come up with the "well east-coast girls are hip, I really dig the styles they wear" part of the song. The next day, he and Mike Love supposedly finished off the remainder of the song.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Good Vibrations

The recording and production style used on the "Good Vibrations" single established Wilson's new method of operation: the recording and re-recording of specific sections of music, followed by rough mixes of the sections edited together, further recording as required, and the construction of the final mix from the component elements.

new topics

top topics

join