It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Self

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by WarJohn

Good post WarJohn - You raise some good points

Our Higher Intelligence is what guides us.

Then it's doing a bloody poor job of it.

Okay, I'll get serious for a moment.

If we had a higher awareness (with emphasis on 'higher') I would think that it wouldn't be so self-centered. That my higher awareness would recognize the need for compatibility with your higher awareness, and his, and hers, and theirs.... And yet, the 7 billion of us continue to make a total mess out of this life and this planet.

If there is a higher awareness, what good is it?

The higher self has its own agenda.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk2012

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by artistpoet
reply to post by WarJohn

Good post WarJohn - You raise some good points

Our Higher Intelligence is what guides us.

Then it's doing a bloody poor job of it.

Okay, I'll get serious for a moment.

If we had a higher awareness (with emphasis on 'higher') I would think that it wouldn't be so self-centered. That my higher awareness would recognize the need for compatibility with your higher awareness, and his, and hers, and theirs.... And yet, the 7 billion of us continue to make a total mess out of this life and this planet.

If there is a higher awareness, what good is it?

The higher self has its own agenda.

Ah, a statement of fact on a thing that is unseeable, untouchable, unknowable, unprovable and unreachable. Why, you must be religious.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I agree with you about GOD being unsee-able and unprovable. I do not follow any of the standard religions, so I consider myself spiritual not religious.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk2012
Ok... I will try to put things into perspective as I understand reality.

I agree that there is a higher mind which is magical. To me there is but one mind, and that one universal (higher) mind created lots of other lower (limited) minds which are also itself.

Each living being (lower mind) only has access to a limited portion of the higher mind. Humans and animals share the same universal mind. Each lower mind has free will and can do pretty much as it can in its environment.

The ancients wrote that the purpose of life is to experience it while living righteously. The ancient Egyptians wrote that those who were righteous in life will be given a chance to live again in the New Golden Age.

The change in consciousness the New Age folks are talking about (for Dec 21 2012) is the change expected by the ancients in the universal consciousness.

Didn't notice your response 'til now...
Thanks for the time & effort.
For all I know - your response COULD BE the answer. But...I don't know much. And my most confident acquisition of knowledge merely suggests - no-one knows for sure - OR - if anyone does...I haven't found a way of determining who/(which) is right.
Accepting the notion (believing) that we (human beings) are "spiritual" offers "hope"...but...that "hope" then turns into a roller coaster of "faith -vs- doubt"..."questions & answers"...and then (when those answers prove to be "incomplete" (at best)) to be certainly followed with more cycles of questions & answers.
Some more ancient history (than that of the ancient Egyptian writings you referred to) suggests that the spawning of the notions you illustrated were based on an erroneous premise (meaning - based on a story that might or might not have been accurate...and most/many of the "higher-ups" believed it to be less than sound).
Again, though - Do appreciate your input, and the opportunity to consider your thoughts on the matter.
edit on 8/31/2012 by WanDash because: Clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join