It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing Exercise - An Experiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
With much interest, I happened upon a thread started today on the subject of remote viewing.

A remote viewing experiment for FUN ya'll!

Right up front, I will admit that I know nothing about remote viewing. I cannot do it myself (although I have never really tried, either), nor am I aware of anyone I know who may have this ability. I am, however, always curious.

In reading that thread, I came across some comments relating to the correct way to set up such an experiment. Again, I know nothing about setting up such an experiment, so I asked about how such an experiement should be set up and a member directed me to another thread. Thank you, MightyPenfriend.

Real Remote Viewing how to and targets

I won't restate what I read in both threads about the hows and wheres of it all. I just want to see what sort of results can be made by those with this ability. I have followed closely the instructions on how to set up this experiment. I will allow 24 hours to pass before I share the results.

So, here it goes!

Targets:

Please try not to read other replies before participating as this may influence you.
edit on 2012/8/16 by jroberts227 because: Suggested additional instruction.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I conducted two experiments on ATS .. which were pretty much failures, it was a good test protocol but it just gleaned very little results.. I'll find my posts so you can check them out..

I made it impossible to cheat.. on both my side and theirs.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A fair and open challenge to remote viewers, psychics or anyone who is up for this test. ( 77 replies )
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A challenge to remote voiewers and those who astral travel ( 153 replies )
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My tests involved an item in a box at a location... I provided a zip file containing a photo of the item in the box that was password protected and given out at the time of the post.. this way I could not tamper with it .. I also provided a photo of the container, and google map location of where the container was located ..

At the conclusion of the test when everyone's guesses were in.. I provided the password
edit on 8/16/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Thanks. I would be interested in reading them. I don't really know what to expect, but I confess that I am rooting for success.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jroberts227
reply to post by miniatus

Thanks. I would be interested in reading them. I don't really know what to expect, but I confess that I am rooting for success.

I was rooting for success, but it didn't come .. good luck with yours
.. the problem with internet testing like this is that it's too easy to tamper with it .. only you will know if anyone is right or not.. I tried to gear my tests so everyone participating in the thread would know verifiably if anyone nailed it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People should be carefull not to read other's descriptions before doing their own.
edit on 16-8-2012 by MightyPenfriend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jroberts227

You really need to clean that place up and wash the dishes!!!

I see a key ring with 5 keys and some kind of medal attached or it might be a poker chip.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend
People should be carefull not to read other's descriptions before doing their own.

I will edit that into my original post. I never thought of that. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jroberts227

You mean well, I suppose, but this isn't following the protocols of any real, science-based Remote Viewing.

Instead, why not point yourself and others here...

Ten Thousand Roads

...where the protocols are rigid, trustworthy and equally as fun. Tell Daz et al that "Frank" sent you. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumQuackers

Instead, why not point yourself and others here... Ten Thousand Roads

Instead of posting a link to a site, why not post a direct link that contains a setup that is better and more professional, than the one in this OP?

And what you mean point yourself and others there? Should nobody participate in this thread but become members overthere?

Because you know "Daz"?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Instead, why not point yourself and others here... Ten Thousand Roads

Instead of posting a link to a site, why not post a direct link that contains a setup that is better and more professional, than the one in this OP?

I did.

Originally posted by MightyPenfriend And what you mean point yourself and others there? Should nobody participate in this thread but become members overthere?

Because you know "Daz"?

You can participate in any thread you desire, obviously. You can call what is being presented as "Remote Viewing", obviously. You can call it "Guessing For SsandGs", obviously, and, at the least, that would be accurate.

But if you want a science-designed RV experience, you know where to go.

Obviously.

Say "Hi" to Eric, Gene, Benton, Marv, LD, Lee, Dan N while you are there. I'll be along in a fortnight or so.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I only see a link to a main page and can't seem to find a set of protocols.

Since you clearly are more professional, maybe you can add your own thoughts? How would you do it?

The protocols in the linked thread seemed to have gotten some results, btw.

Lol, there is a certain irony here. (not related to you).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I only see a link to a main page and can't seem to find a set of protocols. Since you clearly are more professional, maybe you can add your own thoughts? How would you do it?

The same way I always do. I enter the weekly Dojo forum RVing thread.

The protocols in the linked thread seemed to have gotten some results, btw.

Yes, there are results. of course, but they have nothing to do with RV.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

You didn't answer the question.

In what way is your method different? Please expand.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
people don't seem to understand the nature of 'remote viewing'.

Since it's most popularly practiced in India, i'll give you an explanation for how one develops this power in their terminology.

In tantra, the aspirant seeking union with the divine essence - shiva - is taught to affect this union through awakening within him the unconscious energy imbedded within the natural order, known as shakti, or kundalini. The 'marriage' occurs when this energy passes through the 7 bodily energy centers, gradually increasing in intensity and sublimating the consciousness with it's energy.

Now - sound simple enough, right?? CG Jung held a seminar back in 1932 to discuss kundalini from a western psychological perspective. In his experience, westerners should be careful before meddling with kundalini, or, in simple terms, activating those those unconscious energies present within man's etheral body. Apparently a great many of those 'meddlers' end up with a psychosis - schizophrenia. A simple 'experiment' with mysticism or 'remote viewing' turned into a nightmare.

This is dangerous stuff. You're tapping into a level of reality that mustn't be tapped into if you yourself aren't emotionally balanced or knowledgeable of what you're engaging in it's theory.

This should ALWAYS be mentioned, because some very irresponsible advocates of new age spiritual practices prescribe methods without a disclaimer, warning them of possible consequences.

Aside from that, this energy rises up, reaching higher levels, sublimating your ability and power in experiencing the various 'worlds'. Once you reach the higher regions, your powers of visualization are increased manifold times.

It's an interesting thing. I'm personally not so fascinated as to spend time trying to develop such powers. However, I am quite educated in the theory of it all, from eastern, western and modern perspectives.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

"I" don't have a method. The several most widely practiced and investigated methods have different protocols. My personal choice is the "controlled" method which was originally conceived by the SRI crew in the 70s (+/-).

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

You're Eastern variety of RV is surprisingly different from the Western methodologies which I practice and associate. No crazies have been incapacitated due to their participation in RV.

I sense we may not be talking about the same subject.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
miniatus-
-
very interesting test. smart way to keep there from being any cheating. someone should try a similar experiment.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers

"I" don't have a method. The several most widely practiced and investigated methods have different protocols. My personal choice is the "controlled" method which was originally conceived by the SRI crew in the 70s (+/-).

"I" think your dodging and darting and weaving about and being evasive to the questions presented to you.

But I could be wrong...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You're Eastern variety of RV is surprisingly different from the Western methodologies which I practice and associate. No crazies have been incapacitated due to their participation in RV. I sense we may not be talking about the same subject.

Just to make things clear: remote viewing either comes naturally i.e. a natural psychic prowess, or has to be developed. In the case of the latter, how does one 'develop' it??? The eastern concept of shakti - or kundalini - can be demythologized and looked at in secular terms as 'latent psychic energy'. The easterners associate it with the root of the spinal cord because the spinal column is seen to be a symbol for the varying degrees of universal manifestation. The higher vertebrae correspond to more anterior states of spiritual evolution, while the very lowest point, where the spinal column meets the pelvis, corresponds to physical existence. Because man is 'divorced' from his primal condition, his very essence of being, a large reservoir of conscious energy is unconscious - within the womb of the earth, or, since the microcosm - man - is a symbol of the macrocosm - the universe - is also dormant at the base of his spinal cord.

You can look at this without all the metaphysical associations between the individual and the cosmos, but I think this helps bring in to focus the nature of what RV is.

When one remote views, he's using his powers of visualization. I don't know about you, but visualizing doesn't exactly come easy to me, or to most people. In order to heighten this ability, to really add greater substance to the quality of your inner vision, it is essential that one awaken this latent energy and integrate it into consciousness. There are various methods - but the simple idea is to imagine an energy rising from that pelvic region up through the spinal column - which symbolically is associated with certain 'regions' of consciousness. I.e sexuality with the groin, and so forth. Each region has it's corresponding cognate.

I'm not saying you can't do it without it, but it is surely useful if you really want to get good at doing it. This isn't simply an 'eastern' technique - and I also do not practice it. This is something basic to the process of developing and honing inner vision. Energy fuels thought. Imagination becomes more vivid with the sublimation of it's powers with unconscious energies.

I sense we may not be talking about the same subject.

Nope, I'm talking about what you're talking about. As said, I have studied this subject from multiple perspectives. I have a few books by Robert Bruce - a popular author on so-called 'astral travel'.
edit on 16-8-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join