It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has this poor person got?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this woman, or man..

www.youtube.com...

anyone seen this before?

Regards Jay

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
They were either born that way, or they're a street performer thats triple jointed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
there is already a thread about this video on here. i forget the title

weird video. but someone had an answer on the forum as to what was wrong with this person

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They have a world of hurt. They are the definition of that phrase. How painful that must be, not to mention the difficulty getting around, the view, the stares and the cold indifference. So sad.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It says what it is in the top comment.

"congenital genu recurvatum"

One of the creepiest deformities I've ever seen. Reminds me of the Exorcist scene where she does this odd spider walk down the stairs.....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

I feel bad for whoever the person in the video is; looks like a painful way to live.
I would have felt like a douche video taping and referring to her as an alien hybrid...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This video has been posted many, many times on ATS already. Do we need another?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
They were either born that way, or they're a street performer thats triple jointed.

This is a medical anomaly which occurred in my family. The limbs are facing in the opposite direction to the head. In the case I know about it has taken years of orthopaedic operations to turn the limbs to normal position. The youngster is now living a normal life. Fortunately he had a very loving family supporting him. That poor soul in the video obviously never knew medical care and has had to beg to survive.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by paddymelon

Originally posted by GrandHeretic

This is a medical anomaly which occurred in my family. The limbs are facing in the opposite direction to the head. In the case I know about it has taken years of orthopaedic operations to turn the limbs to normal position. The youngster is now living a normal life. Fortunately he had a very loving family supporting him. That poor soul in the video obviously never knew medical care and has had to beg to survive.

Strange i just looked up the term 'triple jointed' and apparently there is no such condition.

edit on 16-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

This accompanies the photo above at:

thehumanmarvels.com...

ELLA HARPER – The Camel Girl

ELLA HARPER – The Camel Girl

Most sources indicate that Ella Harper was born in Hendersonville, Tennessee in 1873 – though there are some conflicting reports. What is not argued, however, is the fact that Ella was born with an unusual orthopedic condition resulting in knees that bent backwards. The nature of this unusual affliction is exceedingly rare and relatively unknown, however most modern medical types would classify her condition and a very advanced form of congenital genu recurvatum – also known as ‘back knee deformity’. Her unusually bent knees, coupled with her preference of walking on all fours resulted in her moniker of ‘The Camel Girl’.

In 1886, Ella was the star of W. H. Harris’s Nickel Plate Circus, often appearing accompanied by a camel when presented to audiences and she was a feature in the newspapers of every town the circus visited. Those newspapers touted Ella as ‘the most wonderful freak of nature since the creation of the world’ and that her ‘counterpart never did exist’.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by paddymelon

I've never heard of this before. I was very shocked and also saddened by it. How difficult it must be for the poor soul born with that.

Would you mind taking a moment to educate us regarding this, thing such as frequency of occurrence any predispositions, medical outcomes etc? I would be very interested myself.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yes phoenix there was a need because I’m awesome and I can!!!
Also because I had no idea what to search it under!......... face palm..
Anyways thanks for the replies.
Regards Jay
edit on 21-8-2012 by ototheb85 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join