It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm losing my mind! Who's with me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Those who know me well may say I never had one to lose, but I like to think I wasn't always so forgetful as I am these days.

My memory is bad. Really bad! Recently, I was sharing my frustrations about my memory with an older friend and she said, "It isn't just you, honey. It's nearly everybody I know." Honestly, I hadn't considered the fact that I may not be the only one growing increasingly forgetful. I've noticed a marked difference over the past year and after I started discussing it with other people, many of them admitted to noticing the same thing in themselves and others and if what they say is true, it's more of a problem in the past couple of years than it was before. Once I started paying attention to the fact that it seems to be a growing problem, I made it a point to mention it to quite a few other friends and family of both genders and basically all ages. Even my teenage son's memory has gotten significantly worse than it was a few years ago. He actually mentioned that he couldn't "remember anything" before I started having problems. So, ATS members, I ask you. How is your memory?

I'm a female in my mid-thirties. I eat healthy, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do any kind of street drugs and take very little prescription medication. Memory loss isn't a side effect of the medication I do take. Lots of my food is grown at home and I drink almost exclusively water. I live out in the boonies and breathe nice, clean air, I very rarely watch tv, I'm educated and I considered myself to have fewer stressors than many people so I would think I would at least have a bit of an advantage over some of the others I've talked to but it appears that this isn't the case. A few people I talked to live on fast food, at least one is an alcoholic and there's a couple chain smokers in there. The majority of these friends and family live somewhere in the U.S., some in large cities, some not. At least one lives in the UK. None of these factors seem to matter.

So, I ask for opinions here. Is something going on or is it only the people I know who seem to be losing their marbles?

Before anyone goes there... had an MRI for a completely unrelated condition after all this started. My brain is tumor-free, and is present.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Find some faith in your creator.

Try to fight illusions.

Don't read much some thing you can not prove it is wrong or right by yourself.

Your memory will come back.

Your past will be like and open book to you.

In the world of illusions , you just assume , you don't conclude , then you don't memorize any thing such as suspect. Sometimes , you get caught in the loops.

Get out of the world of illusions.

edit on 15-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I didnt see anything that would answer this question:
* Have you or have you not suffered a concussion? - If so how many
* Have you suffered any head trauma (that did or did not include a concussion)?
* Have you lost conciousness (Obviously sleep doesnt count) for any period of time?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I recently found out the hard way that the last 5-8 years of my life have been a complete blur.

Friend: "What did you do on your birthday in 2010?"

*friends all intensely listen patiently for answer*

Me: "...I.. I can't remember?, wait, what did I do??, weren't you there too???"

No one could give an answer. 2 years ago, on your birthday LOL. No answer.
Seem to remember the world around me better then myself, or I just really didn't do anything interesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
the voices inside your head are ok ,dont listen to the voices outside your head there bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Welcome to my life.. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) caused by the Epstein Barr virus ( one theory ) ... I've had it since I was in the 5th grade and I'm 34 now .. I've always lived with memory issues .. I've learned to live by notes and calendars.. I feel like I'm living the movie "Memento" .. only not quite as bad.

I don't think there's anything supernatural or anything like that involved with your issue .. it's worth talking to a doctor about.. one thing is for sure about my issue is that it was a remnant of mono .. after I recovered from mono I wasn't the same memory wise..

Ask me what I had for lunch yesterday and I can't tell you.. ask me what I had for lunch 3 weeks ago and I could probably tell you .. for me it's short term .. which is creepy in a way... I have a hard time recalling short term memory but I can recall it once it's been committed to long term.
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Mine checked out about '86.

Don't worry - not remembering things really comes in handy... Just get a Ouija board and ask the ghost of Ronald Reagan!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Thanks for your comment. I like to think I'm a faithful person. At least more faithful than I used to be.

Get out of the world of illusions.

If only I knew how...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I already lost mine.

I gave up trying to find it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spruk

I didnt see anything that would answer this question:
* Have you or have you not suffered a concussion? - If so how many
* Have you suffered any head trauma (that did or did not include a concussion)?
* Have you lost conciousness (Obviously sleep doesnt count) for any period of time?

No, no and no. I can't quite answer for the others I know who claim to be having memory problems. I can't think of anything right off the top of my head, but I probably wouldn't be able to anyway, lol. I just find it odd that it seemed to start happening to so many people at around the same time.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That is exactly the kind of reply I got from most of the people I talked to. Maybe people just have too much on their minds these days...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Memory is a fickly thing, and there are so many factors that afflict the short term -> long term memory bridge, along with the short term memory recall, these range from physical abnormalities (including Cancer, Aquired Brain Injuries, parasites to name a few) to sleep deprivation (not excluding quality sleep).

Now i dont subscribe to these methods at all but some people have followed the below advice(s) and have had some success:

1. Remove all electronic gear from your bedroom (this includes alarm clocks, TVs etc)
2. Sleep with an Amathyst crystal (i think that was it)
3. Remove Coffee, and limit sugar intake
4. Memory exercises

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I've noticed slight memory loss but nothing major. I think it's just because I try to live my life one day at a time and am totally in the moment so things from the recent past are easily forgotten. It's odd, I could tell you every class I was in two semesters ago but for the life of me couldn't tell you all of the classes I took last semester for university even though it was only about four months ago.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

As Steve Jobs once said, "only those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the one who does".
So... I don't mind a bit of crazy. As long as it is in the good way. It makes you unpredictable, unsettling, capable of alternative thinking process. Einstein was, after all, a bit weird while being a genius. Does anyone know the name of what Einstein had?

link   
I have had a problem with my memory for the past 4 years. I have forgotten people, past events, and even places that I used to work. I am in my late twenties. Just today an old friend from a place I used to work came into town to say good bye before she went back to her country. We were just talking about how we both could barely recall events and people from work.

I can barely recall high school or really any other grade school related things. I remember some people, but I think that is only because I still know them presently, and even things like the prom is only a flash in my mind. I recently started forgetting what I was going to say, look up on google or even how to spell the simplest of words. One night I was focusing on the word "how" and could not get my fingers to type it out correctly.

Most of the time I feel like I am walking around in a fog.

link   
reply to post by miniatus

I did have the symptoms of EB and was tested for mono a few years ago. The test came back negative and eventually I got over all that was ailing me. Not really looking for a diagnosis here... I check out to be fairly healthy. I just wonder why it's happening to so many people all at once. I seriously doubt there is anything supernatural going on at all. I probably should have put this in another forum but I wasn't sure where it would fit. The Gray area seems to be a catch all, lol.

Do you think it's just you or have you noticed it in others around you? I'm wondering if it's something environmental but it would have to be widespread. Maybe I just have really forgetful friends and family, lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well OP..I clicked reply to come in here and say something...I just can't recall ....OH Yeah!

Seriously.. You're not alone. I seem to be forgetting a bit more than I used to and not in a 'getting older' kind of way while I'm also hearing friends and family make similar comments. I've been figuring it's another aspect of whatever is happening.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Forgetting is also a side-effect resulting from long-term exposure to familiar conditions. As these conditions grows more and more predictable, your brain finds it less and less necessary to retain those informations.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It sounds like a blockage of some sort, I would suggest taking Siberian Ginseng to start and eating raw veggies for a while. There should be a marked improvement immediately.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Being really honest here,

My memories been that bad these last few weeks its shocking!

Like, I've always been forgetful anyway, because my heads usually up in the clouds, or I've drifted of in thought (and I'm not even aware of it), but the last few weeks have been horrendous, like sitting down with my mobile, 1 minute later looking for it, sending 20 minutes ransacking the house, just to find it in the bathroom. Where I forgot I even went to before sitting down.

Just stuff like that, but persistently. Its worse if i'm in a rush, its like my brain just stops functioning, skips some processes and jumps into others in 5th gear.

Anyway, hopefully it doesn't keep up, Im in me early 20's by the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join