It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I go to hell?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

What makes you think I believe he never existed? Didn't you accuse me of putting words in your mouth earlier? What makes it right for you to do the same to me?

Me stating that you don't have believe in god to be a good person is not me putting words in your mouth by the way, it is the truth. I never implied you said that did I?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Why should I go to hell then?

You Don't Believe the One He Sent...

"And the Father that sent me has given proof about me himself. But you have never heard his voice. You have never seen what he looks like. The Father's teaching does not live in you. Why? Because you don't believe in the One the Father sent."

Jesus, however, makes a powerful statement: "If you are choosing God, then you must choose me. If you reject me, you reject God, the One who sent me." Crucial? Absolutely! Challenging? Yes indeed. Exclusive? Yes, Jesus calls us to decide about him because he claims to be THE way to the Father.

The issue isn't what we think about those claims, but whether or not Jesus is who he claims to be. If he is, then everything for us hinges on our decision about him. The issue isn't whether it is politically correct for Jesus to claim to be the one way to the Father, but whether or not he is eternally correct.

You Don't Believe the One He Sent

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What makes you think I believe he never existed? Didn't you accuse me of putting words in your mouth earlier? What makes it right for you to do the same to me?

tell us... just how does that feel?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Where did Jesus say that? Specific passage please.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Me stating that you don't have believe in god to be a good person is not me putting words in your mouth by the way, it is the truth. I never implied you said that did I?

Luke 5:31

"And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick."

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

God sent all of us. Are we not on Earth just as Jesus was? What makes you think he was talking only of himself.

Christianity teaches us to believe that we cannot ever be equal to what Jesus was. That is a bold faced lie. 'The one' is all of us. We are all god and god is the one, the thing we are all made of. If you disagree, then you disagree that you are the one, hence why you don't believe we're in heaven.

You will never 'see' heaven because you don't believe this is it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

So he's condemning us to eternal torture for something he gave us?
edit on 15-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

A person who refuses salvation is condemning them self to hell.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well i do believe that telling a lie is a sin that needs to be forgiven.
Your list of sins that need to be forgiven is seemingly much shorter than most that doesn't negate the fact that no one is perfect and i don't believe that you are.Unless you accept tat Jesus can forgive these sins for you and ask that he do so then you are no better than the majority that you are trying to rise above.

What are your views on the holy spirit?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We all have a hand in making heaven here on Earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Why should I go to hell then?

You Don't Believe the One He Sent...

"And the Father that sent me has given proof about me himself. But you have never heard his voice. You have never seen what he looks like. The Father's teaching does not live in you. Why? Because you don't believe in the One the Father sent."

Jesus, however, makes a powerful statement: "If you are choosing God, then you must choose me. If you reject me, you reject God, the One who sent me." Crucial? Absolutely! Challenging? Yes indeed. Exclusive? Yes, Jesus calls us to decide about him because he claims to be THE way to the Father.

The issue isn't what we think about those claims, but whether or not Jesus is who he claims to be. If he is, then everything for us hinges on our decision about him. The issue isn't whether it is politically correct for Jesus to claim to be the one way to the Father, but whether or not he is eternally correct.

You Don't Believe the One He Sent

Actually, he does believe in Jesus, just not in the way you want.

He does not believe that he died in the cross to save mankind, which is good for him, because Jesus didn't.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

What exactly does that have to do with anything?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

No, let's believe the next Messiah. When (looksatwatch)?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Except some sit on their hands waiting for Jesus to come along and fix it for them. Quite sad really, we have so much potential, yet some refuse to see it because we are all 'sinners' from the moment we're born.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

No, god does because he was the one who created hell in the first place. Why make it if he never wanted his children to go there?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

on earth as it is in Heaven... sadly to say this whole planet isn't really Heaven as described.

it was probably alot closer to it before the original sin.

edit on 15-8-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We don't know anything...pure conjecture.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

What exactly does that have to do with anything?

it means no human is whole, there are none without sin... we are born into it.

no human is wholly good... (and by whose standards are you to define what is good?)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's not heaven because it's hell, the one man has made for himself. Earth is hell within heaven (as above, so below).

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And by who's standards are to you to say we are all sinners?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

No, god does because he was the one who created hell in the first place. Why make it if he never wanted his children to go there?

He made hell for satan and the fallen angels. If a person ends up there, it's because they chose to not be saved from it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join