It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Ops groups attacks Obama over bin Laden bragging, leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A recent article from Reuters highlights an upcoming anti-Obama campaign supposedly being orchestrated by former Special Operations operators and former U.S. Intelligence operatives.

Reuters

From the article...

The OPSEC group says it is not political and aims to save American lives. Its first public salvo is a 22-minute film that includes criticism of Obama and his administration. The film, to be released on Wednesday, was seen in advance by Reuters.

"Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not," Ben Smith, identified as a Navy SEAL, says in the film.

In response, someone in the Obama campaign said...

An Obama campaign official said: "No one in this group is in a position to speak with any authority on these issues and on what impact these leaks might have, and it's clear they've resorted to making things up for purely political reasons."

So... is this SwiftBoat version 2.0? What effect, if any, do you think this will have on the campaign?
edit on 8/15/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Added EX Tags -- Please use EX tags, NOT QUOTE for external content.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Firstly and foremost it will serve to solidify the chain of events in Pakistan in the publics mind as they have been reported to them by the current administration.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
how the hell do you kill a man thats already dead?

thats the real question

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'll admit it, I've contemplated the idea before that bin Laden was simply a ghost manufactured by the CIA to give the American public a common enemy and not ask questions beyond that.

Not that it worked out that way. But I never put it past a three-letter agency to do the most unthinkable to keep things in check.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Is this politically motivated? ...Of course it is. Timing is everything

But they say it isn't politcally motivated...

Leaders of the group, the Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc, say it is nonpartisan and unconnected to any political party or presidential campaign

But, hold on a minute... On their own website, they have this...

Source

So they WILL be connected to a political party, probably after they toss their spear at Obama.

And maybe, just maybe, additional motivation for this publicity could possibly be...

Donations are non-disclosed

Perhaps this is a front to get big dollars from anonymous donors for the Romney effort?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Responding to criticism about the president taking credit for the bin Laden raid, an Obama campaign official pointed to an interview with CNN last month in which Admiral Bill McRaven, commander of the raid, said: "At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process, because I pitched every plan to him."

Americas most wanted dead or alive for how many years? Obama's probable involvement consisted of the words "Red Team Go" while being holed out in a bunker, take a load off Barry.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process,"

I completely agree with this statement from the WH.

I'm sure he was instrumental in planning an extensive cover up and/or statement disavowing the entire operation had the operation gone South.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't understand what the big deal is. The guy in charge always takes credit for everything, regardless of how much they actually did to accomplish the goal. Obama is their [OPSEC] commander-in-chief. He was definitely briefed on what was going on and had to make a decision to go ahead with the raid. This act (no matter how minuscule) is called leadership. Of course he is going to take credit for it. Is this fair? Probably not, but it's no different than a corporate exec taking credit for some new product that will make the company millions all because the people underneath him designed it.

These guys aren't exactly exposing anything new, but they'll spin it as such.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm surprised that the Obama campaign didn't fight back with their stupid remark..'You didn't make that hapen'...'someone else did'
Killing of Bin Laden that is.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

It shouldn't be a big deal really. This is a non-issue of course he gets to take credit for the operation, just like if it had turned into a disaster he would have taken the complete and absolute blame for it. Face it making that decision wasn't an easy one. Had it been one of the preceding four Presidents the operation would have likely been another failed missile or airstrike and not an actual ground operation. Couple that with a decision to go for it in Pakistan, a nation who at best could have turned even a successful mission into an utter diplomatic mess magnifies it more.

This is just round two of the swift boat attacks.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

just like if it had turned into a disaster he would have taken the complete and absolute blame for it

Do you really think you would see this headline if the mission had failed?

Headline "Osama outwits Navy Seals during attack by President's direction"

Nope...This was a "win-only" story for promotional purposes. (copyright Obama/Biden 2012)

edit on 15-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Ditto.
Moot Point.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Actually no it would have been known, just like it was known when he slipped through Clinton's and Bush's fingers. It may have taken a bit longer but it would have been known and the media would have held him accountable for it. Whether it was the American press covering it first is completely speculation.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I still want to know why...(correct me if these are not true)
1) Bush Sr and members of the Carlyle Group had dinner with OBL just before 9-11 and
2) After 9-11 when air travel was still shut down were OBL family members flown out of the country the next day?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I agree that if OBL slipped through the fingers of Obama by sneaking out, and no U.S. soldiers were hurt, it may have been known.. to add to the drama of the story.

I don't think that if a bunch of Seals died in an ambush that Obama personally directed, that we would have ever heard the details, or even a peep... ever.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Between Obama taking credit for the Bin laden murder,trying to make the military to pay for their own healthcare, and the current lawsuit in Ohio trying to deny the military enough time to get their votes in.

Yep there is a lot of material that can swift vote Obama.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
how the hell do you kill a man thats already dead?

thats the real question

AGREED!

Maybe by killed they meant "thawed his remains out"?

OBL killed, REALLY??? Man was dead for a decade, the sheep are so dumb.

Derek

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Not a big Obama fan, but I feel this group is without honor or courage in their assault upon him. If they weren't organized as a 501c that is able to spend on politics without naming their donors I'd feel differently, but they've chosen to follow in the Swiftboaters footsteps. It also reminds me oh how former Senator Max Cleland a Democrat in Georgia was targeted as unpatriotic despite being a Vietnam vet who was a triple amputee.

If this group posts the names of the contributors of every penny they've received I may feel different. Any honor or courage they've displayed in their past service is offset by the means that they utilize today.

edit on 15-8-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join