It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirtland AFB UFO: [HOAX]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Oh lookie here...

www.afmc.af.mil...

A samarium cloud similar to the one that will be formed during the Metal Oxide Space Cloud experiment in the ionosphere above the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Two separate sounding rockets will propel canisters containing samarium powder following launch one day apart from U.S. Army’s Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, Kwajalein Atoll. Liftoff is tentatively scheduled for September 2012. (Courtesy photo)

Solved. The End.

Hows that for some analysis

I heard someone say: Ouch!! Really, really, loud...followed by some cussing.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Solved. The End.
Not if that's a real chem trail. There's more.....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Pimander! My main brain. Good to see you, mate. GEL is spot on though as far as analysis goes. Intriguing photo nonetheless, and when coupled with the name 'Kirtland" it immediately perks up the ears.

so if anyone had simply done a google image seacrh

like this...

goo.gl...

aa Metal Oxide Space Cloud activated by HAARP like radar that glows like a UFO? Utterly FASCINATING

found this too

Space Plasma On Demand – Modification of the Ionospheric RF Propagation Environment
through Chemical Releases

Abstract: The Air Force Research Laboratory will conduct an experiment on the artificial generation of ionization clouds with heavy metal vapor releases in the ionosphere from sounding rockets. The Metal Oxide Space Cloud experiment (MOSC) consists of multiple rocket launches from the Kwajalein Atoll with releases of samarium vapor near 200 km and 130 km. The exothermic reaction of vaporized samarium metal with background oxygen atoms will create a long-lived and localized plasma cloud: Sm + O ? SmO+ + e -. In at least two previous experiments, samarium gas releases in the ionosphere have shown evidence of significant ionization; however, no direct measurements of the densities were made. The primary objective of MOSC is to fully characterize the physical, spectral and plasma density composition of the artificial plasma as a function of release altitude and time. In addition to samarium canisters, the rocket payload will include a Coherent Electromagnetic Radio Tomography (CERTO) beacon with ground observing sites arranged for best reception of the signal through the cloud. Incoherent scatter probing of the ionization cloud with the ALTAIR radar facility will provide electron densities. GPS scintillation and TEC receivers will be collocated with All-Sky Imagers and HF receive equipment designed to monitor oblique returns from a digisonde on the island of Roi- Namur. An optical spectrograph will provide details on the spectral characteristics of the plasma cloud. Results will be used to improve existing models and tailor future experiments targeted at demonstrating the ability to temporarily control the RF propagation environment through an on demand modification of the ionosphere. Among the many questions this experiment is designed to investigate is whether an artificially generated local enhancement to the E-region conductivity will result in a regional suppression of scintillation?

jro-app.igp.gob.pe...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
A big red blob?
Where's the confirmation that this was taken at Kirtland or taken by personnel on base? That could be taken anywhere by anyone.
And it is so blurry, it is just a big red blob.

www.kirtland.af.mil...

looks like the actual location of the photo was at U.S. Army's Ronald Reagan Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site, Kwajalein Atoll, Republic of the Marshall Islands
edit on 14-8-2012 by SkepticExterminator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticExterminator

Results will be used to improve existing models and tailor future experiments targeted at demonstrating the ability to temporarily control the RF propagation environment through an on demand modification of the ionosphere. Among the many questions this experiment is designed to investigate is whether an artificially generated local enhancement to the E-region conductivity will result in a regional suppression of scintillation?

jro-app.igp.gob.pe...
That sounds like serious business.... "ON DEMAND MODIFICATION OF THE IONOSPHERE!"

So if we find more of these UFO's then there is evidence of this type of activity. They are markers of this technology in action. Or am I crazy?
edit on 14/8/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

But they aren't UFO's are they? They have been identified with a mundane explanation. Nothing "Unidentified" about them.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

And it is so blurry, it is just a big red blob.
Looks more like it is a cloud of Plasma caused by modification of the ionosphere.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

But they aren't UFO's are they? They have been identified with a mundane explanation. Nothing "Unidentified" about them.
Lots of what "experts" like you claim are just big red blobs or similar are far from that! In your desperation to be the first to "debunk" anything that comes by ATS you make a mockery of proper research. Rather than find out what it is you either scare off the person posting with your aggressive and frequently incorrect assertions (YOU were incorrect here for a start!) or cling to the idea that you are right when you don't know yet.

And this is an important thread for folks who want to know about UFOs precisely because many will be what is in this image. It also illustrates one or two other things which will not be lost on all of the members.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticExterminator

Did someone say, "Plasma!" Space Plasma? Even better.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Where I have claimed to be an expert mate?

At the time of my post, all your photo was was a big red blurry blob in a blurry photo. Someone else showed you what it was( actually two people found it). I asked a couple of simple questions which you ignored, now you start with the ad homs because your "UFO" has been explained away as a mundane terrestrial gas cloud. It didn't even occur at Kirtland but a test range in the Pacific.

You may want to check your sources for reliability too mate, they seem to lie to you.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Lots of what "experts" like you claim are just big red blobs or similar are far from that! In your desperation to be the first to "debunk" anything that comes by ATS you make a mockery of proper research. Rather than find out what it is you either scare off the person posting with your aggressive and frequently incorrect assertions (YOU were incorrect here for a start!) or cling to the idea that you are right when you don't know yet.

And this is an important thread for folks who want to know about UFOs precisely because many will be what is in this image. It also illustrates one or two other things which will not be lost on all of the members.

you brought us a photo and asked us what it was. you did absolutely zero research yourself to find out what it was. it took me under a minute to find out the TRUTH of the photo.......

and yet you still deny the truth?

ok....please show us your research. please tell us what it is, since you refuse to accept its 10000% identifiable.

sometimes, i dont think people really want truth. they just want others to be wrong.

and BTW....the site you obtained the image from....i wouldnt put much faith into anything from there being accurate.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A big red pill in the sky?

Should I take it?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Did someone say, "Plasma!" Space Plasma? Even better.

Giant Veil of "Cold Plasma" Discovered High Above Earth

Clouds of charged particles stretch a quarter the way to the moon, experts say.

Clouds of "cold plasma" reach from the top of Earth's atmosphere to at least a quarter the distance to the moon, according to new data from a cluster of European satellites.

Earth generates cold plasma—slow-moving charged particles—at the edge of space, where sunlight strips electrons from gas atoms, leaving only their positively charged cores, or nuclei.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Cold Plasma?
that anything like cold fusion?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
A big red pill in the sky?

Should I take it?

If that thing had appeared over the olympics or New your
the phones would be ringing all night. I wonder how many other such weird 'clouds' have been reported as UFO's?

Seems worth looking into
edit on 14-8-2012 by SkepticExterminator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

and BTW....the site you obtained the image from....i wouldnt put much faith into anything from there being accurate.

Seriously? looks like that image is where he said it was from Kirtland AFB
www.kirtland.af.mil...

you saying that the Air Force is not a credible site? I am confused...strange

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

you brought us a photo and asked us what it was. you did absolutely zero research yourself to find out what it was.
Wrong. I asked whether any of you knew what it was. I did NOT SAY that I didn't already know.

it took me under a minute to find out the TRUTH of the photo.......
Someone on another site got there before you did. It also took you a lot longer than a minute from when posted.

and yet you still deny the truth?
What truth do I deny?

Originally posted by greeneyedleook....please show us your research. please tell us what it is, since you refuse to accept its 10000% identifiable.
What are you talking about? I said many UFOs may well be what this one has been identified as. I did not say that I refuse to accept that it is identifiable.

and BTW, I am an administrator on the site you are referring to. Nobody there foolishly referred to it as a big red blob.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You may want to check your sources for reliability too mate, they seem to lie to you.
They were reliable. The image is from Kirtland.

edit on 14/8/12 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well this case is closed. Another bogus UFO thread made by someone that didn't check credibility of sources or do any research...typical.

Anyone interested in science projects should look into this though, could be fun. Looks like this is turning into another ridiculous haarp thread haha.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

No the cloud didn't come from Kirtland. The picture on their website says similar, it doesn't say it was done there. In fact it is just talking about an upcoming experiment.

Actually he never said where he got the image from, just came in an email. Others found it and proved what it was. I asked where was his confirmation on it being taken there, which he claimed, and I got ....

*crickets*

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You know that now, your opening statement in the OP...

The following image, which I received by email, was taken by personnel at Kirtland AFB. Do any of the researchers on ATS have any clue as to what it is?

That question infers you don't know what it was. As does the title of your thread...

Kirtland AFB UFO: Has anyone seen one of these or know what it is?

So are you claiming you knew what it was before you posted it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join