It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes, Schumann resonances and tidal forces?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There have been many threads with various theories and insights for causes of earthquakes and ways to predict them. This thread is not written in purpose to set forth a new theory. It is just my curiosity speaking…

Ever since the authorities agreed on tidal forces having an influence on earthquakes, I have been pondering on this issue. We know that earthquakes are a bad habit of Mother Nature to let out some steam and cause havoc at the same time. The tectonic elements and their movement is mainly caused by the heating and cooling of the melted iron in the center of our planet, as I understand? So that’s the inner force. Some wild theories have been speculating the possible affect of planetary conjuntions. Even data is found that somewhat backs up these theories, if you rule out coincidences. So let’s twist this up a bit.

We know our planet has a frequency of its’ own. The Schumann resonance. As a matter of fact, there seems to be a few of them. A natural humming that goes on, or let’s say, a heart beat. What if this resonance or more specific, the disturbances in this resonance are the key to earth crumblings? Not all of them but some.

For a while ago I saw a Mythbuster episode where they tested Nikola Tesla’s small apparatus. The one that should make buildings fall. All natural, just to tune in on the right frequency to get things to resonate and you’ll get results. Simple isn’t it. And they got it to work in some degree. They got a reply from that bridge they tested on. Not a big one, but some vibrations. Everything from a very, very small machine. I immediately thought of the moon and tides. So we have a natural ticking device in the sky. Or let’s say, the ticking happens here as the water shifts from a high to a low, and this only with the help of the moon. What if the variations of the distances between the earth and the moon, and maybe other planets do in fact disturb this resonance to the degree, that the whole earth crust starts to resonate, or bits and pieces of it, causing earthquakes? What if the small changes in tide durance or timing hits the sweet spot of Mother Earth and gets her to react?

As I said in the beginning. No theory, just a thought, and I’m more than happy to read your replies on this one. For or against ☺

Hotep Hena Meroot.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think you are on the right track
A guy here in New Zealand does yearly long range weather forecasts based on moon and tides
he shares your view on tides and moon as a factor in earthquakes
Read This

And Here

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I was a bit lazy in the opening post, but here follows the relating info.

First the Schumann resonance.
en.wikipedia.org...
And then a maybe more esoteric site... www.earthbreathing.co.uk...

Then the very interesting Mythbusters episode.

Here is an article of the connection to tides.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Some how it seems so natural to me, that when the balance of our planet is under stress, in this case, the natural frequency is manipulated, some of the bigger earthquakes happen. If we consider that the earthquakes are an ongoing force, so the frequency is already in range for activity, wouldn't a slight change to the left or right be just enough to get a good vibrance going on?
edit on 14-8-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pillock

And by the way, thank you for your links. Seems to have interesting charts.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

in this case, the natural frequency is manipulated,

your not suggesting that is manipulated by humans are you?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

No, that was not the point. I think there are far more stronger forces in the nature to do that than an illusion of man made disturbances. But if you think of it in the whole, why couldn't we also affect the resonance, but I do not imply that this would be in a conspiracy-by-HAARP kind of way.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
From one thing to another. Studying more the Schumann resonance I got to thinking of headaches. There is a quote of a NASA statement on Wikipedia (I know it is not a good source) of the human eye resonance, and it states the eye to resonate at 18-19 hz. What if the Schumann resonance rises for let's say an hour, during a thunder storm or anything else that might do the trick, and resonates closer to the range of our eye? Could it be a cause to headaches, because people do tend to get them when a storm rises? As a matter of fact, I've understood the Schumann R is rising, so more headaches on the way? Any opinions?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Is the frequency related to the speed of light and earth's circumference? Or did I just read someone's misinterpretation... If so, it seems odd it continues in values, not relating to the base 7.8. But maybe I've got something wrong here...

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Not a bad theory. If what you are implying is actually applied and tested it will change the way we view the frequencies of other planets and bodies in the solar system. The sun's frequency changes but does not usually vary by a lot. The earths frequency varies but somehow self regulates itself to stay in certain parameters. What lives on this planet effects the frequencies of things, either absorbing or radiating the frequencies to cause weather events to happen. We do not presently take these things into consideration yet when deforesting a region. I'm sure some scientists know that trees take energy out of the air well and buffer the winds. Our best defense to severe weather remains trees. Humidity is also a transmitter of energy to allow it to dissipate from an area.

What we need to do is start studying the frequencies because they can do us good or bad. In the future this knowledge may be beneficial to our survival.
edit on 21-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good thread

Im in agreement with much of what is being posted here. There are many factors that do not come into play when official science is involved. i think there needs to be more attention paid to this idea as Im sure it carries it's own credence when fully vetted.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

You are so right about science being too 'dogmatic' to understand everything. Though we can't afford to dismiss it, but instead use it as a base and key to interpret more, I don't know how to put it to words... 'natural' phenomena. Wrong word to use, but maybe you'll get the point.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It saddened me to notice that I got so little replies to this... but maybe ppl are more to conspiracies and doomsday action :S

Maybe I should have added that the main reason for the Schumann frequency is the pyramid network and the Khufu pyramid which responds both to the 440 hz and the 432 hz A-tuning by being built as a miniature model of the earth in scale of 1:43200 and having the base responding to the classic 440-tuning (the note A) in the cardinal directions while every inter-cardinal direction resonates a D# beginning with the diagonal of 622.254. These measurements are of course in cubits
The height without the missing apex yells a C-note (close to 261.626) while the missing apex gets a height a bit over 18 cubits... and 18-19 was the frequency that the human eye corresponded to
So the eye and the pyramid apex... maybe there's something to that...
and there's more on this topic...

And then the Verneshot-theory that was discussed here a while ago. Did anyone ever connect it to the volcanic mushroom found in the Baltic Ocean?

Sorry for the outburst. Delirious chit-chat to catch attention... though I just wanted opinions on the topic discussed in the opening post.
edit on 29-8-2012 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I dug a bit deeper into the subject and this is truly fascinating stuff. Though there is one assumption I have to make without any evidence... and that is that the Schumann resonance is somehow related to Earth's rotational speed.

Ok, we know that the Moon creates tides 'down here' and we now that the tides affect Earth's rotation by creating tidal friction. This means that the Earth is slowly decreasing it's spin rate. We are talking about millisecond per century. That got me thinking... maybe this resonance isn't the key to daily earthquakes, maybe it is a cause for bigger events that happens seldom... hmm... let's call them purifications...

If the resonances really are related to our rotation and when the rotation slows enough due to the tides and the magnetic forces of stars (which also are main players in this game), the resonances sets off chain events on Earth. Could be earthquakes, could even be Verneshots (I found that topic very interesting).

Somehow I can't get over this feeling that frequencies are the key to interpret everything. There are so many variables in the universe, and with frequencies we can measure the 'state', the result of all of them affecting an item, whatever that item is.

A question to the community... wasn't the rotation of the inner core a bit faster than the crust. I remember there was a slight difference. In my mind that is a direct indication of this friction being at work all the time. When the friction gets bigger due to the crust slowing down, it creates more energy within? Resulting in a surge? Assuming that the inner core stays at higher speed during the slowing down effect.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
What we need to do is start studying the frequencies because they can do us good or bad. In the future this knowledge may be beneficial to our survival.
edit on 21-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

This one is a thought I recently had... I agree with you.
I think the op is also in the right track.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It has been stated on many occasions but sound truly seems to be the key in understanding even bigger consepts, like the universe.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yet another interesting fact. While the increasing amount of energy inside our "dome", that is the magnetosphere, seems to slow down us, the release of energy in forms of earthquakes does the opposite. I wonder how the frequencies react to this change?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There's a recent great thread on a theoretical new approach to sounds in the sky that I myself think relates to this whole thing as well. You ought to check it out!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join