It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding The Spiritual Purposes Of Tattoos in the ancient world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For those that understand that they have made a serious mistake getting tatooed, here is help.

The Complete Idiot's Guide To Covering Up Idiotic Tatoos

edit on 15-8-2012 by QuantumQuackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers
For those that understand that they have made a serious mistake getting tatooed, here is help.

The Complete Idiot's Guide To Covering Up Idiotic Tatoos

edit on 15-8-2012 by QuantumQuackers because: (no reason given)

first off, your tone so far in this thread has been pretty lame. second i don't think you actually know what you linked in this post. it's about covering up an old tattoo that you're not happy with, with a new tattoo.

go be judgmental somewhere else, this is a nice thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumQuackers

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Destinyone

I have wanted one, but felt I was to old, if I do get one I am going to make sure I can see it and everyone else, what do I have to lose at my age?

What little credibility for being sensible you have left?

Your post made me think of my daughter, who just recently had a double mastectomy, she was really unhappy with the scaring until I found these ladies who have tattoos, now she is looking forward to getting one like this,

I think it is beautiful.
edit on 073131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have decided a dancer in a thunderstorm.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumQuackers

Do I know you, surely you didn't post here just because you don't like tattoos, I think I am the one your anger is directed at.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is indeed...very beautiful

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

that's cool, and it helps put a more positive vibe on a negative situation. very nice idea.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thanks guys, there was an artist who was doing a showing on the tattooing of breast cancer survivors, I couldn't find the specific site but this was the tattoo I showed to her,

She has had the reconstructive surgery, but the pictures of the nipple reconstruction surgery looked awful,

Guess what, they tattoo nipples on, that looked ridiculous as well,

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Fashion and beauty secrets of 2,500-year-old 'tattooed Siberian princess' after body was found in ice-clad burial chamber

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

'And the linked discovery that the 'princess' in fact had a shaved head, with no hair, but instead wore an elaborate wig, that remains intact to this day, enabling detailed study.'

'It was a total surprise to find a wig,' said the professor, from the Institute of Archeology and Ethnogoraphy at the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

'It was put on a shaved head. The base of the wig was a felt 'hat', with two layers of women's hair sown into it. Between the layers was a black flexible substance, which helped to fix and hold the shape and the volume of the wig.'

The 'crowning glory' of the wig was a giant feather some 68.65 cm long, made from felt and covered with black woollen fabric, with a stick inside it to help it stand straight.

'This feather had the figures of 15 birds attached to it, which like in modern Russian Matryoshkha dolls with one inside another, were each of smaller size compared to the previous one,' said Dr Polosmak.

'The birds had leather wings, tails and legs, and long necks, which most likely meant they were swans.

'This feather can be interpreted as a symbol of 'the Tree of Life - a healing tree which existed in so many cultures all around the planet.'By the roots of the tree there is a wooden figure of a deer with a Capricorn's antlers.'

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I don't believe in ancient times they were just decorative.

Interesting topic. But why don't you believe that they were just decorative in ancient times?

People wore jewelry in ancient times just to adorn their bodies. People painted their hair and wore make up for adornment. They might have wanted some body art to adorn their bodies too. And maybe some of their body art had personal meaning or spiritual meaning...and maybe it's just cause they wanted their body painted with art.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I have decided a dancer in a thunderstorm.

I see. So this isnt really about tattoos......is it. In fact you already know that tats are and were always used for spritual communication. Fact is you are already cooked before you go down to the shop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join