It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assurance of Eternal Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

To choose not to follow the teachings of Jesus in its literal context is to deny him and the Father. The mainstream Christianity is doing exactly the same thing, they keep pointing to the Old testaments and Paul to find a loophole to their carnal desires to which they are desperately addicted to.

In essence, many Christians today are actually antichrists. The teachings of Jesus is not really hard to follow if you only had few things in this life and if the world hates you. I'm sorry but that is what Jesus teaches, that the rich, those who had those good things in this world, the love of the world, will find it very difficult to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. They have grown too dependent and addicted to that they could no longer forsake it.

First of all, Paul never denied that Jesus was the Christ. It was because of Paul's encounter with the Holy Spirit that he stopped persecuting Christians and became one of them instead. Do you know your Bible?

Secondly, no matter how much you try to point out that the Old Testament and Paul provides a "loophole" to carnal desires, you are wrong. Even Paul said that money was the root of all evil. I have absolutely no idea where you keep getting these ideas. It is not Biblical.

Yes, I'm sure that there are people living in this world who hold money higher than God, but this in no way implies that everyone who has money is worshiping it over God. You do not know what is inside everyone's hearts.

I can only assume that you keep harping on this issue because of some deep seated resentment that you have towards an individual with money (or maybe even a past employer), but you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors by bashing anything that is written in the Bible, especially that which you obviously don't understand about it. THERE IS NO LOOPHOLE. Any obsession of worldly things can be dangerous. Including obsessions with sports, hobbies, etc. The key word is OBSESSION. I'm starting to think that you're obsessed to the point of danger in your own right. You may want to get help for this resentment that you keep holding onto.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
First of all, Paul never denied that Jesus was the Christ. It was because of Paul's encounter with the Holy Spirit that he stopped persecuting Christians and became one of them instead. Do you know your Bible?

Secondly, no matter how much you try to point out that the Old Testament and Paul provides a "loophole" to carnal desires, you are wrong. Even Paul said that money was the root of all evil. I have absolutely no idea where you keep getting these ideas. It is not Biblical.

It is not Biblical indeed. Jesus never said anything about a book for the source of truth but the Holy Spirit. The Bible is only one place to look for truths

It is easy to say that Jesus is the Christ(savior, messiah, etc). But to truly believe Jesus as the Savior is also to believe and to do that what he teaches is what will save you.

What do you think would have happened if the disciples got killed before Jesus was crucified? Will they all go to hell?

I'm pretty sure you'll find it very annoying if someone comes to you, praising your name, groveling at your feet thinking your the greatest person that ever lived. Then you ask him/her, "what are my hobbies?" "What are the things I love to do?" "Do you love and do these things as well?" "Do you know the things I hate?". Then that person replies "I have no idea". Would it seem like that person is just embarrassing you?? Would you rather want to drive that person away?

What if Jesus asked you the same things? Though you praise him in the church, you keep proclaiming Jesus is Christ. But Jesus would ask, do you love and do the things I love to do, do you hate and despise the things I hate?

Paul is actually contradicting himself or even confusing modern day Christians about money. Even this verse is contradiction against the teachings of Jesus (source of truth through the Holy Spirit, not though a book!)

2 Timothy 3:16-17
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Not everything in scripture treats money/wealth/possessions as bad, in fact, something good and to be happy about, something good to welcome in your houses. God and the Holy Spirit never changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

The Bible warns about double-mindedness being not of God (and the Holy Spirit)

James 1:5-8
"5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

There's not even a mention of a book/scripture here for wisdom. To Jesus and his followers, books or scriptures was never that important to even matter to our salvation, only to Paul it did.

The New Testament is rife with contradictions between Jesus and Paul. God and the Holy Spirit never changes. So one has to be wrong, who's teachings will you choose?

I have a question, Where are you getting Jesus teachings from?

From the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit reveals the truth from everything, from reading, from hearing, from internet, from other people, from nature, from animals (I don't talk to animals but their actions speak louder than words!)

I also found significant amount of truth in the secular information from ATS. I rarely got into religions subforum during my first few years in ATS.

I am much more interested in the General Conspiracies, and Fragile Earth subforums back then. It is there that I have deduced that great amount of suffering and misery is being inflicted to God's creations through mankind's worldly activities, building, manufacturing, extraction, etc. To be a part of this system is to help perpetuate this destructive works against God's creations.

I am also a keen observer of nature and animals. I have known a lot of these before ever getting into the Bible. I started in the Old Testament, I was filled disgust until I got to the teachings of Jesus which I loved so much, then the teachings of Paul brought much confusion and complication.

I have hated the world early on but not as much as now. It's my observation from school, and work that people that the greatest liars are also the most successful in this system. Sucking up is lying. People do favors for another not out of love but for selfish gains, again this lying, deception.

1 John 2:15
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"

Love the world, you drive God's love (Holy Spirit) away. The Holy Spirit will guide you to the truth.
edit on 15-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

There's not even a mention of a book/scripture here for wisdom. To Jesus and his followers, books or scriptures was never that important to even matter to our salvation, only to Paul it did.

Are you serious? You need to do a keyword search in biblegateway.com for the word "scripture". Here's a couple of them, but there are many more.

John 17:12

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Daniel 10:21

21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

The New Testament is rife with contradictions between Jesus and Paul. God and the Holy Spirit never changes. So one has to be wrong, who's teachings will you choose?

And yet, out of every thread I've seen you in, I've never seen you post quotes from Paul out of the Bible that actually contradicted what Jesus said.

I have news for you. The Holy Spirit comes when you read the Bible, from which the Holy Spirit is taught and written about. It doesn't come to you while you're reading commentary on other people's thoughts about it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
John 17:12
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jesus is probably referring to the Book of Enoch. This is the only scripture that preceded the arrival of Jesus and also foretold His being born of a man.

More importantly, this book agreed with all of the teachings of Jesus.

And yet, out of every thread I've seen you in, I've never seen you post quotes from Paul out of the Bible that actually contradicted what Jesus said. I have news for you. The Holy Spirit comes when you read the Bible, from which the Holy Spirit is taught and written about. It doesn't come to you while you're reading commentary on other people's thoughts about it. [

I won't disagree with you that Holy Spirit can come when you read the Bible. But this is still subject to the reader's understanding. Anyone can twist the Bible to suit their desires. You can even interpret the teachings of Jesus to let you keep money, it's simple.

The command of Jesus is through preaching, according to the Spirit, not according to a book. We are to plant a seed of truth in people's heart. If we are genuinely anointed with the Spirit of God, the seed will grow through them and they will not deny the teachings of Jesus.

In the last days, God will send two witnesses who have actually seen and heard themselves (those who will come from heaven). This is a sign that we have lost the true Christian ways and the anointing of the Spirit, otherwise, they don't need to be sent here in the future to die. Jesus was sent here because people forgot/lost the real laws and wandered from the path. History is repeating in the near future, except this time, the 2 witnesses are armed to the teeth so they can preach longer and reach out to more people, else they'll be killed so soon!

Scripture-based debunking of Paul's teachings here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Jesus speaking of scripture:

Matthew 24:14-15

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand).

So, even Jesus referred to Daniel's prophecies.

Let's take a look at what was around at the time of Jesus:

Two canons of Jewish scriptures developed in the years after the Babylonian Exile (mid-sixth century BCE). Palestinian Jews (including Jesus and his disciples), whose language was Aramaic, came to recognize twenty-four books as sacred.

By the mid-second century BCE, Jewish communities had generally settled the canon of scriptures organized in three sections: the Law (Torah), the Prophets, and the Writings (Hebrew, ketûbîm, translated into Greek as hagiographa). The Torah, what Christians call the Pentateuch, consists of mythic, historical, and legal writings, the first five books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The Prophets consists of two groups: the Former Prophets (the historical accounts of prophetic activity in Joshua, Judges, 1 and 2 Samuel, and 1 and 2 Kings) and the Latter Prophets (actual prophetic books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Joel Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habbakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi). The Writings include poetry (Psalms, Proverbs, Job), the Five Scrolls (Song of Solomon, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, and Esther), the apocalyptic prophecy of Daniel, and history (1 and 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah).

community.tncc.edu...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Scripture-based debunking of Paul's teachings here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sorry, I didn't see ONE debunking of anything. If there is one, you're going to have to point it out. All I saw was an opinion and misinterpretation of scripture.

Let's look at some things that Paul did say:

Galatians 2:12-17

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

Even Jesus ate meals with the Gentiles. So what if Paul reminds Peter of this? Peter stopped doing it because he feared the other Jews.

The rest of Galatians 2 talks about the other apostles accepting Paul.

I think there's been a terrible misunderstanding as to why Paul was kept separate from the other apostles for a time. God allowed the other apostles to keep preaching to the "circumcision" (Jews) while Paul was teaching to the "heathens" (Gentiles) as outlined in Galatians 2:9, because God's plan obviously wasn't to bring the Jews into the New Covenant until the time of the Millennium, as outlined in Hebrews, Chapter 8.

Hebrews 8:8-10

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Obviously, this hasn't happened yet. According to other scriptures, the Lord will put his laws into the minds and hearts of the house of Israel during the time of the Millennium.

According to the rest of the scriptures in Hebrews 8, it doesn't appear that the Lord will totally diminish the Old Covenant until that time. It's not until the time of the Millennium that no preaching or teaching will need to be done, because the Lord himself will be reigning on earth during that time.

Hebrews 8:11-13

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Originally posted by ahnggk

Jesus is probably referring to the Book of Enoch. This is the only scripture that preceded the arrival of Jesus and also foretold His being born of a man.

To the Biblically ignorant reader, the Book of Enoch might have an appeal; but to a believer grounded in the Scriptures, the Book of Enoch is packed full of heresy.
Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't.

The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.

The Author of the Bible is GOD; not men... "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (2nd Peter 1:21).

The reason why the early church fathers and the King James Bible translators rejected the Book of Enoch as inspired of God, WASN'T to hide the truth; BUT, because it isn't the truth. The Book of Enoch is a fraud, an imposter, and straight from Hell. I triple-dog dare you to try cross-referencing the Book of Enoch with the Word of God ... good luck! When I read in chapter 1:9 of the Book of Enoch that an angel named Phanuel is "set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life" ... I knew the Book of Enoch was fraudulent. Salvation is found ONLY in Christ Jesus, "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." King David said in Psalm 62:6, "He (Jesus) only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved." Phanuel... you're a fraud! Jesus is the ONLY Way, Truth, and Life (John 14:6).

The truth is that Satan is a murderous thief, who's sole purpose of existence now is to kill, steal, and destroy (John 10:10). Satan hates the Word of God, because It is his greatest enemy in this world. Therefore, Satan seeks to destroy the Bible. If he cannot destroy the Bible, then he tries to corrupt the Bible by changing it (Romans 1:25; 2nd Peter 3:16). If Satan cannot destroy or corrupt the Bible, then he tries to introduce "new" so-called "lost books" of the Bible to confuse people.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus.

I understand why someone would have some hesitations about the book of Enoch, but I think you might be taking some of it out of context as well.

If you read the entire chapter of Enoch 48, I think you'll come to realize that they are only discussing what the name of the "Son of Man" would be here on earth. We also know from scripture that Jesus will be returning as the "King of Kings, Lord of Lords", so we also know that on his "vesture and his thigh" will not be written the name of JESUS.

When I read in chapter 1:9 of the Book of Enoch that an angel named Phanuel is "set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life" ... I knew the Book of Enoch was fraudulent.

I think if you read a previous verse in Enoch, Chapter 40, it might help to clarify what this really means:

Enoch 40:7

7. And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth.

So, to say that Phanuel is the angel "set over repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life", probably only means that he guards over repentant prayers and fends off Satan and his minions. I don't think it's implying that Phanuel is actually playing the Mediator between us and God, or that he's actually the one speaking for us or on our behalf.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Q. Has God some how forgot to include the book of Book of Enoch in the Bible?

The sword swings
Revelation 22:19

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

You shoud know, all are save until the age of understanding?
I sense you are passed the age of understanding friend.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Here's what I know and understand. That everything available to us in the existing Bible is sufficient for understanding God, Jesus and salvation, as God intended.

I don't necessarily believe that the book of Enoch is a book of lies, but a book that goes into detail about "secrets and magick" that God didn't want us to know and learn in the first place. And the book of Enoch pretty much states such. In all honesty, we really don't need the book of Enoch to complete the Bible as it mostly talks about the judgement of the fallen angels (and what made them fall) and not man anyway.

As for the verses in Revelation 22:

Revelation 22 :18-19

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I could easily interpret these two verses to mean the book of Revelation only, based on the mention of the "plagues" and the "holy city", which Revelation is the only book that goes into detail about these anyway. Not every book in the Bible is a book of prophecy.

By no means am I insinuating that the book of Enoch is God breathed, but I don't think it's packed full of lies either. There are many things written in the book that agrees with scripture. I have also found plenty of written mythology that fits in well with what the Bible says too, but we all know that wasn't God inspired either. No, these other texts can just be helpful tools to see a bigger picture, even if we don't need to see the entire picture in order to gain understanding and to build a relationship with God.

I hope this helps to explain my view.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What are you thoughts of the Qur'an and its origin?

PLEASE, give the most direct answer your capable of.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I found plenty of verses in the Qu'ran that totally contradicts scripture in the Bible. The difference between the Qu'ran and the book of Enoch is that Enoch didn't have enough verses that could be easily double checked against other verses in the Bible, but a lot of the implications are the same. The Qu'ran, however, makes it easy to compare.

Honestly, if you have a particular verse from the book of Enoch that you feel totally contradicts a particular verse in the Bible, feel free to share it. I'm more than willing to reconsider if I find an outright contradiction.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

2Enoch begins anti-Biblically, saying Enoch was 165 (versus the Bible's age 65) when Methusaleh was born. Worse, it's in first person, and he says how long he LIVED, past tense! Now how can he write while still alive, and say how long his lifespan WAS? Do you see who's being ridiculed, here? The reader! Oh, this is classic! For obvious DERISION is a hallmark characteristic of demon-sponsored stuff. Yet Christians believe in this book? Yet Masons USE this book? LOL! See how they are being made fools for not knowing their own Bibles?
1. Oh, this is priceless. See, if you accept the lie that he begat Methusaleh 100 years later, then sure, you'll accept the LIE that he himself would be writing this thing up! Oh, a miracle! Yeah, God can do that; angels can do that. But -- just because a miracle is alleged, doesn't mean a) it is true, nor b) it came from God. But if you want to believe the first lie, you'll want to believe the second. Bible is way secondary, to lies which are FIRST fun to believe...
So we shouldn't be surprised that Chapter 2 verse 1 contradicts the ending of its own Chapter 1. The angels just finished telling him they were taking him to heaven. But notice what he does with that information: he lies to his kids? For 2:1 says, "Listen to me, my children, I know not whither I go, or what will befall me"! LOLOL!
1. Uriel and Rapahel are not named in the bible.
2. Gen 6 tells us that God looked down from heaven not the angels.
3. Supplication is made to the holy ONES of heaven whoever they might be rather than to God. This is the catholic doctrine of PRAYING TO SAINTS rather than to God. The message of the souls of men requesting SAINTS or
HOLY ONES to make petition to God on their behalf sends the message that man cannot communicate directly with God which a patently anti biblical message.
The bible does not teach that we need these so-called saints to intercede for us – the bible clearly tells us that there is only one intercessor between God and man and that would be Jesus Christ. We do not pray to saints or to angels or to any other creature.

Ch. 10: 1Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech,
2 and said to him: 'Go to Noah –
Did Enoch know Noah? Enoch lived 365 years on Earth At Age 65 he begets Methuselah Methuselah lives 187 years and begets Lamech – this means Enoch would be
252 years old Lamech lives 182 years and he begets Noah which would make Enoch 434 years old at Noah’s birth. The problem is that Enoch had already been removed
from the Earth 69 years prior to Noah’s birth so how could he have known Noah? How could he have known anything about the flood? Moreover Noah himself was 600
years old when the flood came which means that the flood did not actually come a full 669 years after the days of Enoch.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Good points.

I'm interested in hearing your point of view on all of these verses in the Bible that refer to the Nephilim.

What are your thoughts? Who are they and where did they come from?

www.openbible.info...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I have read the link provided.

I will get back to you later tonight but just quickly, the Nephilim people are a tribe / race of old but not any other than men and women of that race or tribe, take Goliath for example.

The sons of God as mentioned were not just angles but also men that followed Gods instructions.
They, sons of God took the daughters of men, (the men that did not practise the way of our God the Father and His instructions, they had other gods).

God did instruct in those days and still does today that we are not to be unevenly yoked.
As I said, I will do some home work and get back to you with the correct verses from Gods Word.

I was once sure that angles took women and mated thanks to the clever deceit of satan. Thank God for showing me the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Thou art my Son
Hebrew 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Luk 3:38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Understanding Hebrew and Greek is a big asset in studies.
Hebrew meanings
sons of God = ben 'elohiym
Angels = Malak
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
This was what God had blessed man with before man fell, it was what was taking place although not much is said about how man multiplied in the garden before he was cast out, but it would also give some meaning to the land of Nod and how come there were people there for Cain to find a wife. So the earth was being filled with people and all flesh since.
Lucifer sinned before God and his light became darkness also why God saw his evil, and was cast out of Heaven, the eternal realm, the Third Heaven, to the earth and was given the name Satan.
Evil nature of Satan spread into the human race and caused a great amount of humans to follow Satan even if they were not aware of it much like today.
Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
It is already established that God blessed man to be able to multiply. These sons of God were the believers of that time, also they were not the followers of Satan the serpent the Devil..
If we take a look at the Hebrew meaning of this complete verse we will see the picture.
" ben 'elohiym ra'ah bath 'adam hennah towb laqach 'ishshah bachar "
The first two words " ben 'elohiym" says "sons of God" . This indicates Mankind not Angels, the reason for this is that if God had called the "Sons of God " Angels he would not have used the words "ben 'elohiym".
God does call "Angels" in Genesis "Malak"
Gen 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom
"bow' shĕnayim mal'ak Cĕdom "
God created man in his image and likeness, and mankind is the Apple of Gods eye. It was mankind's salvation that God had prepared before man had even been deceived it was what he had predestined for man and that is to be In Christ.
Angels have never caused conception to take place nor can they even procreate, they are not biological beings, and if anyone has been led to believe this, they then are being lied to by Satan.
If Satan and his cohorts could multiply then how come God says they are already judged and bound in chains of Darkness.
So maybe the question arises that they were Angels not Satan or demons? well then the same they are not able to procreate and breed. Fallen angels and Gods Angels are of the same origin and have the same rules and laws they are bound to.
Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

The word giants used in this verse is " nĕphiyl " some would think that this is an offspring of Angels, but it has already been established Angels cant breed and not designed to multiply.
Take it at this point in time men were already growing to very old ages and it is a known fact that even the animals during this period before Noah's flood, the reptiles as today don't stop growing, hence the Fossils of the ancient creature that cohabited with man.
Gen 5:5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
Gen 5:8 And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.
Gen 5:11 And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.
So if the Dinosaurs could grow to such heights then why couldn't men, yet the Bible says it was so.
Also in Job we see the description of "sons of God" in Job
Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
Job 2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Some assume these sons of God are angels, but you could ask yourself, if they are angels, why are angels appearing before God if he already judged them and cast them out of heaven his Kingdom, and bound them in chains on the earth.
This verse remains the same as the sons of God in Genesis and every where else. The only "Angel" that did appear with the sons of God "Jobs children" was Satan a fallen angel now the adversity.
Remember the believers in Jesus Christ are the Sons of God
The Angels will agree with this HUB but Satan will not.
These “Sons of God” are described by Paul in Hebrews 1:9 as being Christ’s “fellows.”

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

So, do you think the Nephilim were the result of male followers of God breeding with the women from the tribe of Cain (as part of the "curse of Cain")?

Do you also think it carried over after the flood when Noah's son, Ham, was cursed as well? Interesting how Ham had a son named Canaan, where it is found in Numbers 13 that there were giants living in the land of Canaan after the flood.

Zechariah 14:21

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join