It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to "Deny Ignorance"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I was replying to a thread, when I said the motto here is deny ignorance...
I was so used to seeing it, it just became part of this site for me.

Then I looked at the site again...
and looked some more....
and it was gone.

No where on this site does it say "Deny Ignorance" anymore... I never actually thought about it until now.
With the format change I wasn't really paying attention.

So, with the removal of this motto, is it safe to assume ignorance shall no longer be denied?

To tell the truth it was one of the things I liked here. Like one of the load bearing walls of the site that held up the high standards.

Could there be a conspiracy there, probably not, but... I will let you guys figure that out...
or point me to the motto...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mottos still on top of my screen

Not that I pay attention to it.

We cant all be going round applying the same mantra now can we?

That makes us conspiracy sheep, BAAHHHH!!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As I read your post I saw a big 'DENY IGNORANCE' across the top of the screen.

As I type this reply in the upper left hand corner of the screen there is an ATS logo which contains the words 'DENY IGNORANCE'.

Not sure why you can't see it..........maybe it is a conspiracy. Did you piss off the ATS guys?

edit on 14-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
And it it still posted on this page….

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within. More than a slogan, our members have embraced the motto as our collective cultural standard, demanding all to aspire to a higher standard. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch doubters. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand our minds.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's still there, in small caps, attached to the ATS logo. Maybe it's more like more like a whispered suggestion than a bold statement now. Or maybe it's more like: "Deny Ignorance.... or Don't--Whatever."

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well . . . for the record . . . I emphatically deny that I'm ignorant.

Brash, crass and sometimes downright rude . . . but I'm certainly not ignorant!!!!!

It's a state of mind, really . . . if you need a reminder to keep an open mind and absorb all you can to make a decision with which you are comfortable, you're probably past the point where a banner on a website is going to help.

Just sayin'

link   
haha okay my bad, i see it i had to zoom in the pale coloring made it blend into the backrground haha

guess the mods can remove this...

My bad...

Thanks for the replies guys... guess we can go back to denying ignorance after all

link   
Slow down mate, look, observe, its right there and very obvious!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
oh geez now I am an off-topic ranter...

I don't think i'm gonna post anymore threads...
I'm slightly embarassed haha

sorry again

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Don't feel bad.. I spent 30 minutes tearing the place up looking for my TV remote the other day.. looked everywhere and was getting really mad. Guess where it was? About 6 inches from my keyboard... I was so focused on finding it, I looked right over it a dozen times in the search. Some days are like that eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Its not what you say, its what you do that counts.

Look at Fox News' "Fair and Balanced" statement. LOL.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Don't feel bad.. I spent 30 minutes tearing the place up looking for my TV remote the other day.. looked everywhere and was getting really mad. Guess where it was? About 6 inches from my keyboard... I was so focused on finding it, I looked right over it a dozen times in the search. Some days are like that eh?

You found yours? I couldn't find mine, and had it in my hand the entire time. Didn't find it until I was going out the door to pick up the roommate at the BART station. By that time I was so pissed I almost threw it at the wall....

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I am thinking that other sites are becoming more popular and whats left at ATS is a few Truth Seekers and a bunch of adolescent Trolls.

ATS: Pay attention here..there are others

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Still there! In fact in even larger letters!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I may be cynical, but judging from the threads I've seen in the last week, they just haven't finished removing it yet.

The new motto will be "LETSSS GETTT RREADDYYYY TO RRRRUUUMMMBLLE!!!"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Just remember - we never said we could eliminate ignorance - only that we're willing to do out best to deny it.

~Heff

join