It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA Requests Ammunition For The Weather Service

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

NOAA Requests Ammunition For The Weather Service

www.activistpost.com

On 9 Aug 2012, the Department of Commerce, for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration by way of the National Weather Service, put out a solicitation for a small variety of ammunition.

All the ammunition and targets are being spread out over the US to three locations, Ellsworth, ME; New Bedford, MA; Wall, NJ; and St. Petersburg, FL. Only the 24,000 rounds are being sent to Florida, no targets will be shipped there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Is this normal for the weather service to train their employees to carry arms or target practice as the purchase suggests? I don't know but, it does seem odd. On the other hand with all the gun violence being perpetrated today, carrying a firearm doesn't seem all to crazy.

It does mention the huge amount of ammunition requested a day or two ago from DHS, and this purchase coming on it's coattails. I guess now our weather servicemen will be target shooting and or carrying arms.

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-8-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Didn't you know you can shoot hurricanes to change their path?

You just have to shoot them a lot. A whole lot.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That's kind of scary. Just because I could I shared it on FB. The more people that are aware of what's going on the better I suppose.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

This all comes after the Department of Homeland Security requested a contract with manufactures for over 63,000,000 rounds rounds over the next 4 years.

Quota bingo..
A relative thread DHS places new order for 750 million rounds

edit on 13-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well it seems that everyone else in the US these days has enough weapons to arm an African nation. Why should a poor meteorologist be left out?

Sad days when a weatherman needs to arm himself in case the predicted showers fall half an hour earlier than he predicted and, based on what they;ve read on the internet, the sheeple decide it means he's an illuminati stooge working for HAARP ...... but that's the world we created!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

It is becoming apparent that they are drying up the supplies! I have talked to several people who have said that a lot of different ammo seems to be on back order! Could be a back door to gun control by create a shortage of ammo. After all, a gun with out bullets is just a club.....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How else are they going to bring down all those weather balloons?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Seriously, do you need to protect yourself - from wildlife or humans - when checking weather stations in the US?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Is this normal for the weather service to train their employees to carry arms or target practice as the purchase suggests?

Make sense to me...I wouldn't suggest trying to arrest smugglers with a squirt gun

Can NOAA special agents and enforcement officers carry firearms and make arrests like state conservation officers? Why do fisheries agents carry guns?

NOAA’s special agents and enforcement officers are federal law enforcement officers that are specialized in investigating crimes involving the poaching, smuggling, and illegal trafficking of marine resources. In the performance of their duties, our agents and officers also detect and uncover other federal crimes. OLE agents and officers carry their issued firearms at all times while on duty, as carrying firearms is an essential function of an agent’s and officer’s job; indeed, it is a condition of employment. The authority for OLE agents and officers to bear firearms is contained in Title 16 U.S.C. 3375(b). OLE agents and officers carrying a weapon during the work day is no different than any other federal law enforcement officer.

NOAA FAQ

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm sure the boys at the NOAA like to "shoot the breeze" once an awhile.

Maybe they think people are pissed at them for all the bad forecasts and they need protection?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Possibly....on the dry up theory, but it seems to only be in .40 cal. I know that's the popular round right now, but 9mm, .45, .223, and 12 guage would probably be just as important to go after if you were trying to do that. 9mm, and .223 seem pretty plentyful right now, especially compared to what they were about 5-6 years ago.

This whole thing is getting weird....

The original 450 million rounds for DHS i could buy as being for training, and maybe as a future hedge against metal price increases, especially copper.

Now an additional 750 million...well, ok maybe, but that's 1.2 billion??? I don't know, but other than Secret Service and some Coast Guard I can't see any armed people under DHS needing to do more than qualify on a box of 50 once or twice a year. (SS are some of the best pistol shooters out there, they probably practice once a week, but that would probably be the exception, FBI belongs to Justice so I don't think they factor in. ).

But now the weather service?!?!?!?!?!

I mean other than pilots survivial kits what's the point. Does NOAA have some sort of law enforcement (they might, they deal with fisheries and stuff to a degree)??

Maybe they are planning to give each government agency an armed response unit. After all, if there is an economic collapse, people may go after any local branch of the Fed Gov they can find. I beleive there was an order from the Department of Education about a year ago for several 12.Guage Shotguns....

Ah here.....voices.washingtonpost.com...

It was for their Inspector General Dept....but I don't know many IG departments that are armed. Usually if they find something fraudulant, you contact the your local or federal law enforcement. Seems a little weird that virtually EVERY government dept now has or feels they need an armed law enforcement division.

edit on 13-8-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Evidently NOAA has a law enforcement branch. Who knew?!

I found it by taking a look at who was getting the ammo as linked in the OP. In this case...

24,000 rounds to: Jeff Radonski, A/DSAC DOC, NOAA, NMFS, OLE, SED 263 13th Avenue South, Suite 109, St. Petersburg, FL

From that I as able to find Mr. Radonski is Assistant Special Agent in Charge with the NOAA Office of Law Enforcement in the NOAA Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary

Recently he was involved in a case where a BAHAMIAN NATIONAL SENTENCED IN INTERNATIONAL SEAFOOD SMUGGLING OPERATION

In fact, you can read all about the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuaries and Mr. Radonski's job here..
FKNMS Enforcement Priorities

Basically it looks like he helps keep the keys and its critters safe. Who knew NOAA did such a thing? Not me. But, that's why he needs the ammo.

Good job Mr. Radonski, carry on.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There is another article in that same link I just happened to click on that says Homeland Security is getting prepared to announce martial law. I wonder if this is connected? I read most of that article and it said witnesses claimed they saw Russian troops in the forests of some Colorado cities starting fires, including Colorado Springs. Remember the massive fire there last month?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was going to post that!!! Yep, they are also involved with LE.

but instead Ill post :

You mean I have to be worried about the weather geeks TOO?!?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So.....is the GSA taking bids on procurement of said ammunition?

When I went to this website: www.fbo.gov... , it appears our infamous party-like-a-rock-star-on-taxpayer-money GSA (General Services Administration) is involved.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
There is another article in that same link I just happened to click on that says Homeland Security is getting prepared to announce martial law. I wonder if this is connected? I read most of that article and it said witnesses claimed they saw Russian troops in the forests of some Colorado cities starting fires, including Colorado Springs. Remember the massive fire there last month?

Here's that link:

www.activistpost.com...

Does anyone know if this site is legitimate?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Where was that link.......I thought the Russian's went home months ago.....sounds like psycho nut drivel, but who knows.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I worked for NOAA a couple years ago. You would not believe how secretive they are about everything! Even information that's readily available on the internet. It's no big deal if people get the info from Google, but try to get it from NOAA and all of a sudden it's top secret info! Made no sense! We had to sign confidentiality agreements out the wazoo to work with info that nobody would give a flying crap about. Doesn't surprise me that they're going this route now. Armed guards to protect all their info? Who knows. But it wouldn't surprise me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join