It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me If I'm Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Have you ever been talking to someone or heard a conversation from afar (ATS or REAL LIFE) and did these things :

-Shook your head (Because you knew what they were talking about was a lie)
-Felt sorry for them (Not because they were wrong, but because they think their right)
-Wanted to tell them how they were wrong (But realized they wouldn't listen even if they were)
-Got mad (Because of how ignorant they were)
-Laughed (Because of how right they think they are, even though you know they aren't)

It could be any mix or number of these things, but have you ever done this?

You ever stop to think that what you KNOW for a FACT isn't actually FACT at all?
You ever stop to think about whether or not everything you know is a lie?

Picture this : Your shaking your head at someone for the sole purpose of them thinking they know what their talking about. Yet they could shake their head at you in pity because they think what they know is the truth.

How can humanity get pass this?

Even the things that are wildly accepted as the truth, how can we know for sure?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we're all ignorant. Well, I probably wouldn't go that far,
but I would say that we should learn to listen more.

I'm just a kid, and when I try to explain the bad things the government does to my parents, or the bankers and the politicians agendas, THEY DON'T LISTEN. It doesn't matter if all the points add up, it doesn't matter if I use logic, THEY WON'T LISTEN. This isn't about them though, this is about listening & thinking before you speak. You may try to tell someone the truth about the media, but they won't budge. I just hope that when I'm in my 40's or 50's that I still do the things I do now. I hope I actually listen to my kids instead of telling them to take what the teacher said and believe it. To not question adults like me because we know all the answers.

So tell me, have you ever "knew" someone was wrong? Whether it was about politics, bankers, the news, science, god, religion, war, or anything else? Am I right?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I remember having a private revelation over the weekend there, with regards to what you mentioned about not knowing anything for an absolute fact. I think within the honest admittance of this, there starts the slow death of 'the cock of the walk' mentality, or cynicism, which can be quite debilitating (i.e; that I am better than he/she or it because of what I know to be true.)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have been thinking about something similar a lot lately.
I can think of at least 3 things off the top of my head that people had done/said recently and in the past. One even happened today.

I work with the public and the things I hear, I'll tell you what...
But in all honesty, I think smart people have the intelligence to know they don't know anything and that they should always be questioning everything.

join