It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the new US Air Force dress uniform?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

I think it is a good start for modernization but not the final cut so to speak. The mandarin collar was nice but when he saluted the strap on his shoulder bows up and that looked cheap imo.

Other than that, uniforms have changed over the years considerably so this is no surprise.

I always think of Stargate the series when I look at these older guys, I wonder what they know and what they have seen or done during their careers.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Agreed. I was surprised to see even a thread on clothing in the military to turn into political bickering.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I thought they looked cool.

Kinda like Battlestar Galactica.

It surprised me, with all the collaboration on tv and movies now that the USAF didn't just solicit ideas from hollywood costume designers. I bet they could have easily come up with something 75% or more would have taken pride in AND found cool.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by trysts

Naaah Cav kept chewing their way out of them on weekends for beer.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's not the cut so much.. Funny but that's not something my mind even registers with. It's the adornments and those oversize clown medals are something I've found particularly goofy and downright stupid looking about the Soviet and some other forces. Heck, the Command and Conquer series even plays on the whole thing as I always thought of it, in the video clips that series uses with Hollywood talent.

The Russian Uniforms just clank like half a tin man when they move and it's absurd to see. The higher the rank/decoration level, the more absolutely clownish they tend to look. One of the funniest scenes I remember seeing as a kid were Red Square Parades. You always had a line of clowns at the stand. Sorry.. I can't help it..and now our guys seem to think it looks good.

The mental connection this makes from how I directly relate that uniform layout is one thing, but the sheer stupidity of it, in my eyes, is the other half of the cookie. It's a tough one to crunch.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I thought they looked cool.

Kinda like Battlestar Galactica.

It surprised me, with all the collaboration on tv and movies now that the USAF didn't just solicit ideas from hollywood costume designers. I bet they could have easily come up with something 75% or more would have taken pride in AND found cool.
I'm thinking unitard and a ball cap worn backwards like a hip hopper perhaps a funky neck medallion and basketball shoes yo!
That will get the kids running to enlist and support a lot of big corporate intrests as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
The Air Force still look like bus drivers in their dress uniform.

Weaksauce.

LOL! I agree we looked like Bus Drivers, but we were the only branch that send the officers off to do the fighting while we went to the club to drink Beer.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Oh it's been awhile since I've had me some good cross branch rivalry.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Generals can actually wear anything they want. Not kidding.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If you've seen the uniforms on the sci if type AF commercials? They looked cool
Hey, you know us Army folk say HOOAH, right? Wanna know what th AF folk say?
ROOM SERVICE!!!!
What's the idea of roughing it in the AF?
Motel Six

By the way, all you retards that had to comment about enlisting to murder people?
I served for 8 years, NEVER had to shoot or kill anyone, so much for your idiotic opinions...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Air Force dress uniform looks.... frumpy
This is still the best dress uniform:

edit on 15-8-2012 by LockNLoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

I guess you're right. I just came across a military forum discussing this same thing and from what I saw there, as you have pointed out, generals can wear what they want. In this case, it appears the General wanted to wear the US Air Force band uniform. I am not sure whether it was the incoming or outgoing general, but I find the whole idea of that just odd. Does it mean that the particular general is just weird, or does it say something else when he doesn't want to wear the uniform of the overall service?

Either way I guess this sad little mystery is solved.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The current and subsequent administrations' agenda is to coalesce the United States into the United Nations without raising a stink so maybe the uniform is Panetta's attempt to do that in some way. I came across an article about how some U.S. military uniforms are already displaying U.N. colors:
theintelhub.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
By the way, all you retards that had to comment about enlisting to murder people?
I served for 8 years, NEVER had to shoot or kill anyone, so much for your idiotic opinions...

Aiding and abetting??

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I think they raided Michael Jacksons closet.

That is a hideous uniform. It looks like Gaddafi put his fake medals all over the jacket of the doorman at a second rate hotel in a tourist trap. I think the fabric is made out of the sobs of injured children.

It is a more "Nazi-esque" look than the simple dress blues from forever.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You are likely right....but using the word "retard" only hurts your argument. Expect more from yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ack.. that looks terrible. The marine dress blues are just beautiful.. and Im not just being partial. Army is okay. AF and DaSquids need help.

You know who had the coolest uniforms? The Nazis. Yep. Crafted to instill respect. Sorta like my city's cops.. all black tactical everything and black car. Even if you arent doing anything wrong and see them coming in your direction, you suddenly and subconsciously "act normal"

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Aiding and abetting??

Say what?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I like the uniforms in these series of AF commercials:

The AF should implement these uniforms

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join