It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Magazine & CNN suspend journalist Fareed Zakaria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...
news.nationalpost.com...

Time magazine and CNN suspended columnist and TV host Fareed Zakaria on Friday after he acknowledged that he plagiarized sections of another writer’s article about gun control.

Terrible mistake on Fareed's part to which he has now offered an apology to Lepore. Time has suspended him for a month "pending journalistic" review

edit on 10/8/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Maybe they can put Rick Sanchez back now

they should also fire Anderson Cooper
really awfull anchor

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Um...We're taught in college what plagiarism is and not to do it.And he used a plagiarised item for a TIMES article no less?How could he not expect to get caught?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Cause the anti gun crowd isn't know for critical thinking skills no one from CNN or the TImes both known for their leftists view gave it a second thought only matter because they got caught.

Anti gun lets lie and make it look like they give a crap.by "suspending" Zakaria.
edit on 10-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2012 by b14warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
he should have included footnotes.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Stuff happens when you get lazy and don't do your own work.

All I gotta say is, please don't let the replacement be Geraldo Rivera!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh what a loser. My college is whacking us over the head about this, several times per term, in each course. It's the most heavily repeated and emphasized thing by a wide margin.

.....and what he did wasn't even creative. I would have failed a whole course if I'd done that in English or Public Speaking, for instance. I MIGHT have been expelled. They are dead serious, even in school. Wow.... That's one way to tarnish and perhaps lose the peak of a career. For what? He probably saved a few minutes...maybe 30 over actually drawing sources and making something entirely his own.

Thats one expensive few minutes. I hope it was worth it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

Good. That guy writes nothing but garbage.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This has been long overdue. He's just a paid mouthpiece for the Council on Foreign Relations anyway.

CNN needs to can almost the entire network, put HLN back on the rotating 30 minute "this is the news" format, and rebuild regular CNN around Wolf Blitzer, Sanjay Gupta, and Anderson Cooper, but even Anderson has been more than a little off putting lately.

Dump Piers Morgan immediately, and admit that he can't replace Larry King. Dump Nancy Grace immediately, I don't know how this woman has an outlet on a "news" network.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I bet he is "one of those guys"...

You know...

The ones who get an "education" by way of reduced standards, abbreviated degrees, and accelerated promotions.

All that luscious stuff that results in the "par baked" phony baloney over-educated class of intelligentsia.

new topics

top topics

join