It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Tactical Gear - makes Police vulnerable to heat stroke/exhaustion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You know all that tactical gear equates to torture - you know that stuff has got to be hot - so, I was watching Luke Rukowski at the Pittsburg protest and it dawned on me - we dont need to stand up to these people.
lets ~ let the sun do the job for us... to aid the process self torture - bring small mirrors to focus the sun in the right places.

edit on 10-8-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You have a valid point. When I was first in Iraq in 2003 and they started coming out with all the new gear for us to wear, our guys were dropping like flies from the heat. It's a big problem that really does need to be fixed.

They just kept giving us more and more stuff to put on till we could barely even fit in our trucks. I passed out a few times myself from the heat.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Interesting idea.
Of course they won't stand for that, and they will ban mirrors just like they banned masks because people were getting around the tear-gas.

Better yet, just bring laser pointers and blind them. Assault? Probably.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Umm... I directly saw a Dazzler unit tested last Fall by a cop on a side street in Oakland. The protest was a couple blocks down and this was one of the nights the cops were lining the side streets to keep the protest on a specific line. Well, the news helicopter filmed on this side street with the row of cops just standing around waiting for everyone to get there when one of them maneuvered a big rectangular looking object (From the air..I can't honestly say it looked like a Rifle) then he turned it on. That is impossible to miss when turned on at night and pointed at dark pavement. Even from the altitude of the news helicopter,

He'd had the thing on for no more than a couple seconds. Just testing I guess...but it was a Dazzler alright. Nothing else has dancing laser light like that. Green dancing bands.

I bring it up just to be careful out there.... When you blind them, they could very well get pissed and give you a dose of something far far worse than a mirror. ...also watch for the damn things. They look like the Rifle on Aliens (The one with the marines), only about 1/2 again larger. They are big...but very portable.

If someone does see one...well, open some space between everyone. You won't control the physical reflect if you take a shot dead on...and your friends will be grateful if you didn't have a BIG meal before the protest.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Mmmmmmmm fried bacon

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

You know all that tactical gear equates to torture

Do you feel that way about the firemen too??
They have to wear alot more stuff than the police do on hot summer days.
I feel fortunate to have guys willing to go through what they do for us.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Here's the thing with all that tactical gear. There are a whole lot of straps and buckles on there and they're designed to stay on you and not fall off during strenuous activity. Strenuous activity could be chasing down a protester because he called you a fascist or fighting off a crowd when they finally have you cornered.
The down side of course would be a Molotov cocktail landing on your riot helmet, in this case your body armor would catch fire and all that nylon would melt making the flaming mass impossible to remove.
You best bet is to go semi commando with a Speedo and a machete, all covered in bacon grease, this way the Muslims will stay away and the rest can't grab you.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Firemens gear is not that hot - and heck, with all that water in the air it can get down right chilly.
its a good thing firemens gear is designed to reflect radiation and its like 3 sizes to big for you.

* whats your point ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I thought the OP meant it equates to torture on the people they use it on, not on the coppers. I could be wrong of course, it was a pretty short and vague OP afterall.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Also, how about using large weather ballons, filled with spray insulation, homedepot spray foam - roll the balls infront of the crowd and if the cops want to get violent - let them deal with sticky goo.
***yea, just read the side of the can and that stuff is flamable - and some SOB will probably throw something to ignite it... so do they make a non-flamable, non-toxic goo?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

You know all that tactical gear equates to torture

Do you feel that way about the firemen too??
They have to wear alot more stuff than the police do on hot summer days.
I feel fortunate to have guys willing to go through what they do for us.

BIG DIFFERENCE THERE BRO!!

Title, Fireman...police officer.
We know all fire men are good folk, all they do is help.
I have known a few bad cops but never a bad fireman.
To add, being a fireman takes a stronger individual than your average person.
They wear their gear to help us not themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

My point is I had firemen here on Monday and it was thirty degrees out there.
I even said "I hope you guys drink alot of water today,you guys must be boiling"

Its not torture when they signed up for it.

Now...whats your point?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yeah i could see a few roasted nuts if that were to happen

2nd

link   
Nice thought there OP, I guess all protests should be held in the summer.
Let's see how many of these overweight donut destroyers want to be a cop if it equates to standing in the sun all day long in full riot gear for weeks at a time.
Their cool black uniforms would become ovens in no time at all.
Tell the protestors to protest in an open air area and bring umbrellas.

link   

that didn't explain anything ?
I got a huge HUH?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Let's see how many of these overweight donut destroyers want to be a cop if it equates to standing in the sun all day long in full riot gear for weeks at a time.
Tell the protestors to protest in an open air area and bring umbrellas

Maybe all of that heat will just make them pissed off and more apt to fly off the handle and beat the dog smack out of some miscreants at these protests?

Sounds like a plan!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Your sort of late - as that has been what they have been doing .... and that is just down right oppressive,
also, my friend just told me they have to buy their own gear... now that adds a new wrinkle if true.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by g146541

Tell the protestors to protest in an open air area and bring umbrellas

Maybe all of that heat will just make them pissed off and more apt to fly off the handle and beat the dog smack out of some miscreants at these protests?

Sounds like a plan!

This is possible, but that would mean they did it on camera.
One bad cop is already out of a job for being an idiot and many more are in danger.
Plus if the law will not keep the law, the people will.
Just like the IRA.
If they are the good guys, they need to look like the good guys or public opinion would shift.
Then we would have a real mess for the idiots up top ehh?

(Edit)
Miscreant?
There is no protest yet but you have pre-labeled them?
I see.

edit on 10-8-2012 by g146541 because: good to go!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I have been in MOPP level 4( mission oriented protective poture, or otherwise known as chemical biological protective suit.) For 6 hours in the 100 plus degree summer heat, it is unbearable even for a well disciplined soldier in peak physical condition. For a fatty donut muncher....lol non starter comes to mind, as well as exercise in futility.

Get the pigs to sweat in the heat, and they will lose the fight on their own. No need for anything other than sitting in a lawn chair sipping water, until they start falling out as heat casualties. Than you just continue to peacably protest, except this time minus the jackbooted thug squad.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is why everyone needs to do cardio.

Make them chase you. They hate that.
Sit on their ass all day eating pastries then jump up and run.
It's amazing they ever catch anyone on foot.

Go run every morning. Run like there's some psycho roid-raging nut after you and if he catches you he's going to beat you bloody and toothless because that's essentially what you will be running from when the time comes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join