It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonga Shipwreck may be Pirate Treasure Ship Port-au-Prince

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Tonga Shipwreck may be Pirate Treasure Ship Port-au-Prince

www.heraldsun.com. au

Lost treasure. Sunken pirate ships. Every boy's dream is being lived right now in the clear blue waters off the island of Tonga.

Like the best comics and novels, the British privateer vessel Port-au-Prince was brimming with treasure when it was attacked and overwhelmed by Tongan warriors in 1806 - massacring most of its crew.

The Tongans salvaged iron and cannon from the ship, before king Finau 'Ulukalala II ordered it to be scuttled - mysteriously with its treasure still on board.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
au.totaltravel.yahoo.com
www.dailyma il.co.uk

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
There is nothing like the scent of treasure….. local divers are currently mapping the find.

It has been bashed by swells over the last 200 years, so one might say that the debris field may be huge.

Great discovery if it does turn out to be the famous pirate ship.

I just hope that whoever raises the treasure puts it on show for the whole world to see.

Hope you enjoy the links.

Mickierocksman

www.heraldsun.com. au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: Added a 'H' then re-read my bit before hitting edit again

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I have no idea why this was moved to ‘general conspiracies’ when there is no ‘conspiracy’ – I posted this in alternative breaking news…. Because it is ‘alternative & current news’

Well, what do I know?

Thanks anyway Mods….

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

i dont understand Ats sometimes... not a single reply...tch tch...

anyway, i thought this was interesting...thanks Mickierocksman...

i am going to Tonga in October, but only passsing by too briefly... i will try and keep an eye out.

seeeya

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
i thought treasure hunters vigorously kept the site secret until the treasure claim was confirmed or at least secured

this premature disclosure will attract fly-by-night treasure seekers like flies to rotten food

kinda sounds fishy to me
like how did the research lead to anything but local legend/hearsay about the scuttling of the plunder
were there any manifests discovered, sailing records, insurance claims paid and to be recovered?
all. any of which such info might have given reason to begin the search for sunken treasure in the 1st place

new topics

top topics

join