It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor charged with "waterboarding" his daughter!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Where is that?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Two things I have noticed in this thread:

1. This man has been arrested on the word of his 11 year old daughter. Now, I know for a fact no 11 year old lies to get back at their parents.....correct?

2. All the people screaming for this man's head are the same people in cop threads saying to not knee jerk and to get the whole story before we judge......hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
Two things I have noticed in this thread:

1. This man has been arrested on the word of his 11 year old daughter. Now, I know for a fact no 11 year old lies to get back at their parents.....correct?

2. All the people screaming for this man's head are the same people in cop threads saying to not knee jerk and to get the whole story before we judge......hypocrites.

So...according to your post.

A. Children need to be a certain age before claims of severe abuse can be believed.

B. People who have different opinions than you, are hypocrites.

I see......

Des

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
So...according to your post.

No. Only according to YOUR preconceived notion of it.

A. Children need to be a certain age before claims of severe abuse can be believed.

So, we are to just trust them no matter what? Without evidence?

B. People who have different opinions than you, are hypocrites.

Yeah, because that's why I called those people hypocrites.

Do us all a favor and learn to read.

edit on 10-8-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Perhaps we should look at this another way?

How about "innocent until proven guilty?" Should this guy have lost his license without it being proven he actually did anything wrong? We don't know the facts of the case. This guy may have done nothing wrong. Did we learn nothing from the Zimmerman case? Don't get me wrong, if the guy is guilty, I'm all for making it impossible for him to ever practice medicine, and would be more in favor of locking him up and throwing away the key... But lets not condemn him without knowing if he actually did this. It's not out of the realm of possibility he grounded her, and she didn't like it, so made up the whole thing to get back at him.

The same girl apparently did this:
articles.philly.com...

"She made a false statement in the past," Hurley said. "In '08 or '09, she complained to her parents that she been the victim of physical abuse by another family member. They, being Dr. Morse and his wife, reported it to the authorities. As a result the family member was arrested and held."

"Prior to the trial, two days or two weeks, there was a reinterview where she admitted it had not happened," Hurley said. "And she was asked about her motivation and she said she didn't want that family member living in the house."

edit on 15-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

Man, this is why I refuse to be involved with kids in any way. I refuse to babysit, I refuse to be in a room with a child unless there are many other adults there too.

Why? Because kids make stuff up, and when they do, rational logical adults turn into blood thirsty lynch mobs. I will not allow a situation to arise where some kid can make false claims against me. Sadly, this is the world we live in, where we do have to worry about such things.

You posted a perfect example right there. The kid just didn't want the other person in the house, so she lied about assault, the guy gets locked up. His life is ruined. Even IF the truth comes out, that nothing happened, your life is still ruined. Charges like that never, ever, leave you. Even when the kid said they were lying, when it's proven without a doubt to be a false allegation.

It's sad... because I'd love to be close to my friend's kids, to the younger people in my family, but I've seen this kind of thing happen a lot, it's just not worth it.

Anyway,

I'm not saying this girl is lying, but the stuff about her making false allegations in the past really made me raise an eyebrow. Although, the authorities initially responded to an incident involving the dad dragging her across a gravel driveway by her ankle. Was this something that someone ELSE saw and reported? If so, then I seems fairly obvious that the dad is a sick wackjob. You can't be a normal person a drag a little kid across a gravel driveway by the ankle, that's some pretty messed up stuff, I don't care how angry or frustrated you are.

The allegation itself seems pretty specific and not something the kid would make up. I mean, I could see a kid making up getting hit, or slapped, or spanked, etc. But to completely fabricate a story about the father holding her head under the faucet and calling it waterboarding seems far fetched. I personally believe this guy is guilty.

PLUS, the biggest thing that stood out to be, in support of the little girl's story, is how evidently the father told her that you can go 5 minutes without getting brain damage or whatever. Again, this is very specific. I can just imagine this sicko father holding his kid's head under water saying "Don't worry, it takes 5 minutes to give you brain damage, you'll be fine"

I really hope all the facts come out and whatever the TRUTH is prevails. My gut just tells me this girl is being truthful It does worry me that she lied about abuse in the past, but she might have done that because of being a bit messed up in the head because of REAL abuse coming from her father.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
reply to post by CalebRight14

I'm not saying this girl is lying, but the stuff about her making false allegations in the past really made me raise an eyebrow. Although, the authorities initially responded to an incident involving the dad dragging her across a gravel driveway by her ankle. Was this something that someone ELSE saw and reported? If so, then I seems fairly obvious that the dad is a sick wackjob. You can't be a normal person a drag a little kid across a gravel driveway by the ankle, that's some pretty messed up stuff, I don't care how angry or frustrated you are.

The allegation itself seems pretty specific and not something the kid would make up. I mean, I could see a kid making up getting hit, or slapped, or spanked, etc. But to completely fabricate a story about the father holding her head under the faucet and calling it waterboarding seems far fetched. I personally believe this guy is guilty.

PLUS, the biggest thing that stood out to be, in support of the little girl's story, is how evidently the father told her that you can go 5 minutes without getting brain damage or whatever. Again, this is very specific. I can just imagine this sicko father holding his kid's head under water saying "Don't worry, it takes 5 minutes to give you brain damage, you'll be fine"

James, You are dead on with what I am thinking too. IF that was her statement, which has some details an 11 year old might not grasp, and supposedly, her younger sister witnessed it too, I am leaning towards I hate this guy already.

My concern, is the media. They twist things to sell headlines. They will make it sound more sensational. I have read that the police responded to the initial call because a neighbor reported a domestic dispute, nothing about dragging an 11 year old through the driveway, not from a neighbor that saw this happen. Nothing other than "domestic dispute".

I feel terribly sorry for the girl if she suffered this, I personally have gone through worse in the Marines, Heck, I nearly drowned myself because I didn't want to fail a training I was required to go though. But I wasn't a child when I did so. No child should go through that, and as early as 8? no, if the guy did this, I doubt any punishment thought of would be too harsh, but I can't condemn someone off what is reported in news, I don't trust them enough.
edit on 15-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Sad story, especially due to his connections with NDE, but "waterboarding" is too strong a word. What he did was awful, but not THAT awful.

<< 1   >>

join