It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor charged with "waterboarding" his daughter!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
mobile.philly.com.../philly/news/breaking/&id=165501916

According to Delaware State Police, the couple's 11-year-old daughter was taken to a Child Advocacy Center on Aug. 6 for an interview about an alleged previous assault by her father.

During the course of the interview, the girl said her father had punished her by what he called "waterboarding." On several occasions beginning in 2009, she said, Melvin Morse held her face under a running faucet, causing water to flood up her nose and run over her face, police said.

You just can't make this stuff up if you tried! Here is a pediatrician who waterboarded his daughter multiple times according to the article. I just can't believe anyone would think that getting a child to behave. This doctor is cited here frequently on ATS for his work regarding life after death.

I am astounded by this. Have people gone just nuts or are people just acting out in irrational manner? He held her mouth under the faucet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

more links;

www.todaysthv.com...

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 9-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wasn't this guy in some field having to do with near death experiences? Adds a bit of creep factor.

A Delaware pediatrician who writes about near-death experiences of children and has appeared on "Oprah" is accused of waterboarding his 11-year-old daughter for two years, according to Delaware State Police.

Eep.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ah, but I thought waterboarding was not torture, and perfectly legal? Or is that, just maybe, special pleading on the part of the government? He should use that as his defense, IMO. Equal justice under the law.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Geez...they should waterboard him. For about 5 1/5 minutes since he told her she could go 5 minutes without brain damage. This is child abuse. It is not "average punishment". I would go so far as to say attempted murder since things could have gone terribly wrong at any moment.

The wife should get just as much time for watching and doing nothing IMO. Outrageous.
edit on 8/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I absolutely don't see this as torture. Our own troops (some segments) undergo this in training. However, there is A LOT that our troops and combatants world wide train for and endure in armed conflict. They get stuck in a gas chamber to suck cs gas too. I'd call that a felony to do to a child and so this should be too.

What an evil bastard. It's not even JUST the water boarding itself. A kid? Really?! It's the rest they don't say. C'mon parents...how willing do you think YOUR kid would be to sticking their head under a faucet so you could punish them by simulating their death?? I'm also considering the brutality it *must* have required to get the girl there and keep her there. One guy? Oh this guy HAD to have done a lot more than JUST the water works....

25-Life sounds fitting. Jessica's law prescribes it for molesting a girl this age.....How is simulating her death by drowning, repeatedly, somehow LESS trauma than sexual abuse?
edit on 9-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sickening.

This man must have been scared to see God because of other things he had done, so he tries to drown his daughter to force a child to have a near death experience.

I say let him have a near death experience every day for the rest of his life in jail.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
forget about fearing god he's going to have a near death experience if he ever runs into me.

What a sick bastard of a human.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

What if the guy discovered a secret during his near-death investigations and now he's being targeted for slander and character assassination.....

Or he's just an evil prick who probably had the same treatment as a child.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

As far as I am concerned this so called Doctor's credibility is totally in the sewer; and apparently the mother was in on the abuse and torture too. I am so glad they got arrested!

I am glad that the 11 year old girl came forward and told what has been happening. She is very brave.

I hope and pray that she and her sister will heal; and they will be able to have a good rest of their lives. I also hope and pray that will be able to stay together and not be separated; and whatever new family they are placed in; will take both of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Creep factor indeed. Was he punishing her, or in his twisted sick mind....experimenting on her.....sick no matter what.

Mom is no better than he...neither of them deserve another round on the wheel of life.

Des

edit on 9-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
That's just fuh-tup!

All I can say on that one.
Issues.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks I probably should have spelled out my point a bit better. I do wonder if he was experimenting with his daughter. I also wonder how often this actually happened.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

pray that will be able to stay together and not be separated; and whatever new family they are placed in; will take both of them.Agreed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by edged1

I am glad you agree; I just think it is the right thing to do; and healthy for those 2 young girls; by keeping them together they will have more of a sense of family and not be as afraid; I think separating them would be very cruel.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Thanks I probably should have spelled out my point a bit better. I do wonder if he was experimenting with his daughter. I also wonder how often this actually happened.

He sounds so sick. Since his field of study was NDE in children....shudder....more shudder.....I tend to think there was an aspect of research in his punishment/cruelty on her. He couldn't do research on other children...but his own....shudder....

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
But your govermnet can do it.
so why can he not do it too?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

HI Domo, these allegations came out of interviews she gave to child protective services after he was arrested for child endangerment charges of dragging her across a gravel driveway by the ankle... and spanking her.

She calims it has happened 4 times in 2 years.

Authorities were first called to the home in July, when Morse was accused of grabbing his 11-year-old by the ankle, dragging her across a gravel driveway, and spanking her.

link
edit on 9-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: syntax

edit on 9-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
But your govermnet can do it.
so why can he not do it too?

Oh gosh....maybe because his 11 year old daughter wasn't building, or planning to build, a nuclear weapon to use against her neighbors....ya think....

Des

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It somehow makes the story extra creepy after realizing he looks identical to Kris Kristofferson.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Eh.....yet parents can assualt their kids with belts and boards and sticks and hands and anything else to cause pain......

Strange world we live in.....*shrug*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join