It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Bank Predicts UK Exit From Eurozone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
An interesting article, and the report is even moe interesting, although I don't know the economic lingo well enough to read it without googling ever 15th word or so

Source

Japan's biggest bank Nomura has issued an 11-page study evaluating the likelihood that the UK will leave the European Union entirely or partly.

Events could accelerate as soon as this autumn if eurozone woes force the Government to commit to a firm date for a BRIXIT referendum.

"The effect a looser relationship with the EU would have on the UK economy in general and on the financial services sector in the UK in particular is not clear at this time, even though British eurosceptics argue that being freed from EU regulation would be a booster. However, the prospect is, in our view, bound to raise concerns – indeed, is doing so already in the City."

Now, there was talk of Canada joining the EU a few years ago and we as a people didn't think it was a great idea.

Clearly with Spain and Greece now having major economic problems, the EU seems like a more and more less viable options for stable economies. Perhaps we will see this grand experiment fall to pieces?

What do you brits think? Or others currently within the EU zone? Do you think your nations would have done better without the EU Zone?

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

What do you brits think?

I am not in those zones but personally, I had never thought the pound would be done away with, having always seen it as what all other currencies had been compared to.
I think the London banking system as too powerful to relinquish that hold they have so long enjoyed.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the EU has happened too fast economically generally when a country is 'taken over' it takes generations to sort out the old versus new currency but to just do the same overnight was always a recipie for failure but i doubt that the uk will fail as we still have our currency

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The EU is a failure, I will be applauding it's collapse, as the alternative would mean every nation in it would lose it's sovereignty, no thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The "Eurozone" is not the EU, it's the group of countries, both from the EU and not, that have the Euro as their currency, so the UK cannot exit from the Eurozone.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The british government will do whatever is in the best interests of their corporate sponsors, not the people of this country.

new topics

top topics

join