It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS told employees to ignore potential fraud in program used by immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

IRS supervisors ignored employees who tried to warn agency higher-ups of fraud in a program designed to collect taxes from immigrants, resulting in the agency paying out potentially bogus refunds, according to an official audit released Wednesday.

IRS pays out $6.8 billion in refunds to taxpayers who file using Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs). They generally are immigrants, here both legally and illegally. The potential amount of fraud was not stated, but the investigators detailed seven schemes that paid out $9 million in tax refunds in 2011.

...The auditors took a closer look at fraud after being prompted by senators, who said they had heard complaints from IRS employees that their warnings were being ignored.

Mr. George confirmed that, saying IRS supervisors were urging employees to turn their backs on potential fraud from identity theft

Rep. Sam Johnson, Texas Republican, called for IRS Commissioner Douglas H. Shulman to resign...

...“This report is shocking,” said Rep. Charles W. Boustany Jr., Louisiana Republican and chairman of the House subcommittee that oversees the IRS. “It’s one thing if the IRS tries to catch fraud and fails, but it’s quite another when management apparently takes steps to weaken program integrity.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

Lol. Busted. Why is it always the people in powerful positions that seem to cause the greatest harm? :shk:

So is this another case of wanton catering to immigrants, both legal and illegal by Obama administration directives? Billions paid in bogus refunds, while the people at the bottom are screaming about it and the people at the top refuse to listen- and even tell their employees to look the other way? What gives?

SOS, different day.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Apparently this is what amnesty looks like when we never even got the vote.

Actually, we DID get it, didn't we? Their switchboards almost melted right down and it got this all shut down when it was tried properly and inside the system. So this is what it looks like when Congress following the will of the people in saying no.... is too obstructionist.

I know if I'd overstayed in England or Costa Rica and knew I was totally outside their immigration laws already, being told from all sides that no one is being allowed to do a thing about it sure would feel like amnesty to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Strange how just "supervisors" were telling employees to look the other way.

Obviously, the hole goes higher up ---- way up.

Clever plan to help drain and loot the U.S. Treasury.

They just "do it anyway" and say "Oh Well" when the money is miraculously unrecoverable.

Those excuses for failure keep getting more and more expensive every time.

I wonder how many on those tax i.d. numbers will be used again ?

Probably none --- the scam artists simply apply for new numbers continuously.

The IRS has been getting fed big money for ObamaCare enforcement lately too.

I bet they don't have any problems with THAT con game

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

How about a GoodOl schooling from masta xuenchen on that one?
Expand on that please.

edit on Thu Aug 9th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: oh nuttin', just a GoodOlEdit

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The supervisors and anyone above them involved should be fired immediately.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Supervisors should be fired immediately?
Puleaseee....

This came from the white house

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Always wondered why I always see Illegals driving nicer cars than the locals.

The IRS keeps them loaded.

...while banging on citizens doors.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by xuenchen

How about a GoodOl schooling from masta xuenchen on that one?
Expand on that please.

edit on Thu Aug 9th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: oh nuttin', just a GoodOlEdit

Thread from March 30th.

IRS Already Gearing Up for Health-Care Crackdown

better article from April 9th

The Obama administration is quietly diverting roughly $500 million to the IRS to help implement the president’s healthcare law.

The money is only part of the IRS’s total implementation spending, and it is being provided outside the normal appropriations process. The tax agency is responsible for several key provisions of the new law, including the unpopular individual mandate......
Obama administration diverts $500M to IRS to implement healthcare reform law

from CNS June 14th

(CNSNews.com) – The Internal Revenue Service is expected to use $881 million of taxpayers’ money to implement the first four years of Obamacare, including about $500 million that the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) diverted to the agency, according to a federal audit.

The new Government Accountability Office (GAO) audit refers to ObamaCare – the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which became law in March 2010 – as a “significant effort for IRS.”.....
GAO: IRS to Spend $881 Million in Implementing Obamacare Over Just Four Years

Keeps getting more expensive and the penalty isn't even in effect yet

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is getting ridiculous! I wonder if the government is just trying to piss people off to elicit a response at this point. I fear for this country's future.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thank you kind Sir.

IRS seems to be lower profile, and just about out of the news lately, anyone else notice that?

So boy did they screw up letting this cat out of the bag.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Don't worry about that one for now thanks to the supreme court ruling that the "mandate" wording have to be under a "tax".

Sor for now the IRS gestapo powers are going to be held for a while until the elections shows who is the winner.

Still the change from mandate to tax has to pass congress before is enforced.

So for now I would not worry about that one.

I live in the south, I am Puertorrican and I can tell you that here in my neck of the woods the illegal immigrants drives better "Trocas" (Trucks) than the locals all pimp out and shinny.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Always wondered why I always see Illegals driving nicer cars than the locals.

The IRS keeps them loaded.

...while banging on citizens doors.

There is the reason for the preferential treatment given to minorities. If you want person A mad at person B, give person B more then person A. Even chimps and children will get mad(as studies have shown).

Add in the psychological abuse being levied at group A, making group B feel confident they can attack group A without consequence, makes one to wonder who is trying to tick off group A so much. Heck, I would hazard to guess that the vast majority of progress made culturally since the 50's has been undone due to the blatant bigotry of the left against Caucasians.

Like I keep saying, the ultimate scapegoat is a scapegoat that is guilty of all the things they will be accused of.

new topics

top topics

join