It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Widows Endorse John Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Jersey Girls, five widows from New Jersey whose husbands died on September 11, 2001, are credited with being a driving force in pushing the Bush administration to establish the 9/11 Commission. Among them, Kristen Breitweiser, voted for Bush in 2000 and still considers herself a Republican. This time around, the Jersey Girls have endorsed John Kerry for President, stating that they did not trusted the Bush administration to identify or fix the flaws that left the country open to attack.

Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., Breitweiser said "In the three years since 9/11, I could never have imagined I would be here today, disappointed in the person I voted for, for president." Jersey Girl Patty Casazza added "It was President Bush who thwarted our attempts at every turn." Before endorsing Senator Kerry, the Jersey Girls requested a meeting with President Bush. That request was rejected.

The endorsement comes for several reasons, one being the war in Iraq, which has no connection with 9/11, despite misinformation to the contrary. A recent Newsweek poll shows that 42% of Americans still believe that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the September 11 attacks despite all the evidence showing that he has nothing to do with it. Editor & Publisher Columnist Greg Wilson wonders whether the inability to understand the truth is a result of media failure or willful public indifference to the truth?

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
where do all of the other widows stand?

Only 5.....out of how many?.....500?

how about taking a poll?

better yet. The "Jersey widows" shouldn't politisize 9/11.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
where do all of the other widows stand?

how about taking a poll?

These women were the driving force behind the 9/11 Commission.
George supporters have a hard time with ladies who stand up for themselves, it seems.

[edit on 11-10-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone

How about Republicans shouldn't politicize 9/11? That "tribute" at the RNC was nothing but pure stomach-turning pollitics. Bush shouldn't even utter the words 9/11 in conjunction with efforts to get reelected when he has thwarted efforts to investigate the attacks and is partially responsible for the intelligence failings that led to them in the first place.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
bushblows?
You have yet to adequately address/respond to what moxyone asked:

Care to?

lmgnyc?
You seem to have missed what moxyone was also implying with this mention:

The "Jersey widows" shouldn't politisize 9/11.

You counter with:

How about Republicans shouldn't politicize 9/11? That "tribute" at the RNC was nothing but pure stomach-turning pollitics. Bush shouldn't even utter the words 9/11 in conjunction with efforts to get reelected when he has thwarted efforts to investigate the attacks and is partially responsible for the intelligence failings that led to them in the first place.

Hrm, allow me...
You see, the IRONY and 'jest' of this is that these are the very same women that accused Bush of "politicizing and exploiting" when he had a 9/11 two-second mention within a campaign commercial....YET, these very same woman have no problem doing the very same thing?!

Does hypocrite compute anywhere in this?

seekerof

[edit on 11-10-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Seeker - you sure are biased for a moderator!
Is it the fact that women initiated the 9/11 Commission that bugs you....?

In answer to your question:

Not every widow of 9/11 - or widower for that matter - is going to
have the time or fortitude to initiate an investigation into the WTC attack.
Get real.

These women did, however - which is why they're mistrustful of GB, obviously.

Don't attack the victems of 9/11. It's not their fault George didn't
treat them respectfully. I'm sure they would have preferred he had.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Explain how driving force equates to politicizing and exploitation?

And as a 'moderator' bushblows, are moderators not entitled to their opinions, hmm? I see you not saying the same to those 'moderators' that back your views and idealogy...whats the deal with that, huh?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Explain how driving force equates to politicizing and exploitation?

And as a 'moderator' bushblows, are moderators not entitled to their opinions, hmm? I see you not saying the same to those 'moderators' that back your views and idealogy...whats the deal with that, huh?

seekerof

Sure you guys have a right to your opinions. Bushies always seem to put
a fanatical spin on things, though. And why would I be miffed at moderators
who agree with me? They're obviously intelligent people.

These women aren't exploiting anything. They lost their husbands and have the right to express disdain over the fact 9/11 was used as a ploy to start the Iraq War.

And you didn't answer my question: does their sex have anything to do with your negative reaction? Be honest.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

...does their sex have anything to do with your negative reaction?

Uhhh, no, no bearing at all.
Matter of fact, seems, in a sense, perhaps what I have already mentioned may clue you in on my the 'why' to my negative reaction:

Does hypocrite(s) compute anywhere in this?

seekerof

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They're hypocritical for being upset the WTC was used as an excuse to start the Iraq War?? Umm...ok.

Claiming to respect the twin towers while turning a blind eye to the fact there was no connection between Saddam and their demise is hypocritical.

But you Bushies don't even attempt to connect the two anymore, right?
Your new mantra is: "We should be in Iraq because Saddam was a bad man."

Talk about confusing!

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Seekerof, These widows did not ask to have their husbands killed.
They are not in politics to feed the corporate vampires.
This is NOT going to get THEM ELECTED to public office.
For them this is very personal and very important.

For you to try to put their actions on the same level as a politician shows just how cynical and low your brain runs.

top topics

join