It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that reference past dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I've been having dreams lately that reference past dreams. Also, I've been having dreams that reference past events in the same dream or I will experience a past event of a dream from an entirely different perspective.

I'd liken it to tv shows like Spaced, Weeds, or Arrested Development where the writers put in dialogue or props that reference to past episodes or scenes from the same episode.

For example, I had this dream last night that I was with a group of people pushing a type of cart with jars of liquid that changed color and glowed when moved. One of the members of this group was an older gentleman who played a trick on us by changing his appearance by putting on a hat, sunglasses, and fake mustache to deceive us into believing he had disappeared. After he revealed himself to us my perspective changed completely to his point of view in the past time of the dream. I was him sneaking off to change into the disguise with the help of two friends.

Another dream I had referenced a slide from another dream I had months ago. The thing is I didn't remember that dream until I was reminded of it in another dream. I'll also dream of a specific object being the undoing of a plan in a dream and how the dream will end on an ominous tone with the object being in full view.

Does anyone know where I can find information on these types of dreams? I've tried searching the internet but I have no clue what to search for really.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

I too have been having dreams that are either the same dreams that I have had before or that were referencing older dreams. This is a new phenomena for me.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WonOunce

It is neat and it all but really strange. Never had anything like this happen until lately.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, theyre dreams, they do that. Yours sound weird. I had an erotic dream about a girl once. A girl who had never been in my life, who i had never ever met before. I met her about a month later. This is the one that makes me ask WTF. Also, the girl was very odd. i felt like i had known her forever. And im not even going to get into the bedroom activity. She was only in my life for like 3 weeks and im not even sure if she still exists now.....she was also primarily a negative experience.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have it plenty, I have whole neighborhoods that i visit in multiple dreams, Its like my mind picks up where I left off in the last dream.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Thanks for your input but I don't see how that contributes to the discussion I've started about self-referencing dreams. Do you know of any websites I can read about these types of dreams?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Thanks for your input but I don't see how that contributes to the discussion I've started about self-referencing dreams. Do you know of any websites I can read about these types of dreams?

It was just an odd dream, sorry i said anything. now youve rubbed me the wrong way and i will npt participate hrre.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Hmm...maybe your dreams hired well paid screen writers to make your dreams awesome! (lol)

Joking aside though, I don't remember a dream referencing another like a flash back or even a spin off, but when I was a kid I used to have two repeating dreams. They were never exactly identical, but they had the same motif and usually in the same place or situation.

The first one was always my brother, my sister, my father and I sleeping in a hotel somewhere. We all had to share the same bed and if anyone of us touch the floor a robot would chase us around the room. I know that sounds dumb or weird, but I was around 5yrs old then and my mother left my father and we stayed with him most of the time, so I guess the robot represented the force or fear that was splinting my family apart...maybe?

The second one always involved my family (including my mother) going to the zoo and me being the first to jump out the car in excitement only to see my family drive off without me. I'd start crying and running trying to catch up to them and when the car finally stops...they are just skeletons waiving at me. This one I was also around 5 yrs old and I believe was from a sense or fear of abandonment.

...Man after reading that back to myself, I might be more screwed up in the head than I thought..lol!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You should be given a break here - as like you I have the same people appearing in my dreams that I know from past dreams that actually don't exist in real life. I did read somewhere (Freud I think) that anyone who appears in your dream that you don't know are actually reflections of yourself - even women.

Op -worth looking into the absolute basics of why we dream and build from there.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Gracias.

Much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

join