It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Off Your Arse!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Absolutely sick of hearing all these threads "Wake up!", "We've been fooled!", "The time is now!",

"When will the world take action?" ... etc etc etc...

You sittin on here moaning and preaching aint gunna help, have you walked out your door recently and told the public? Petitioned to your Government? Supported your causes? Organised a movement? Partaken in a movement?

NO, instead you all sit on here berating the likes of Hacktavists, Anon, OWS and Assange..

Here's my message to you. Your a drop in an ocean, and we all need to move at once to make waves.

You can talk the talk after you've walked the walk.

Rant over.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Good rant!

However...I think many members at ATS are active in trying to change things; they volunteer in their communities etc. and try to change things for the better. I myself volunteer for various causes.

I am curious...what do you personally do to try and change things?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Explanation: Uhmmm?

ATS Terms and Conditions

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Personal Disclosure: Goodluck mobilizing!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I agree. they all make complaints about this and that and expect the world to remedy itself. Most of them are the biggest asset to the 'the enemy' because they are all waiting for someone else to make things right, but no one wants to be first to 'take the bullet'.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Of course, this doesnt apply to all members...just the ones it does! aha.

I can tell you I partake in the West Mids Anon, and support and petition my causes, beyonds that, infomation would be a little sensative

FoWL..
edit on 8-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Im not recruiting, I'm reminding!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I hound ATS, and post just about everything I can of most importance on my FB, and I'm reading and trying to understand how and what papers to file to remove myself from the SSN and Federal Gov. and reclaim my Sovereign citizen status, and follow the law of the land and not follow the rules of man.

That's what I'm doing.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I've got my garden to tend to, but if I didn't I'd probably be sat on my arse trying to fix the world like many on here.
I also got my woman and cat to look after.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm very skeptical about those kinds of things.

You see, I once knew a guy who spent some time in jail for "getting off his arse". He's dead now, but this is something i think about when I think about him.

Essentially during Vietnam war, he was encouraged to go out there by this one guy to go out and burn his draft card and protest the man.

He ended up getting arrested and spent a couple of years in jail. because the same guy who encouraged him told the authorities on him.

So after hearing that story I'm extremely skeptical of these kinds of people who say get up off your butt. I think they're just doing it to set people up to take some sort of fall so they can have a huge laugh.

edit on 8-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It's very difficult, other than to raise ones consciousness on sites like this and learn from it, talk to others in our daily lives and raise their awareness, question everything, refuse to give personal details to anyone unless for a good reason etc etc.
I tried to find westmids anon, but there wasn't anything to be found, and the trouble is, who is one linking up with if one seeks others who are trying to make a difference? Are they (not just anon) nutjobs, gvt agents, or real?
Where does one start? I've been pondering this for so long, as it seems the only people who gvt takes any notice of are those who use violence, and I couldn't be doing with that, so the alternative is.......?
I understand those who look forward to the apocalypse because at least that would force them into 'something' although I don't think they have really thought it through, the glamour would soon fade when they realised their sick relative or child could not survive the event.
Oh I dunno, it just does my head in.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tazdeill2

I could point you to Westmids anon, but confidentially

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Your completey right, to appraoch the subject of action with caution... But the course of action still must be addressed, non the less, other wise, change won't come.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have yet to understand people who say they fight for truth and exposure , yet they do everything in their power to keep themselves, and what they do and how they do it, top secret.

Shhh, the can't reveal a thing about themselves..but hey..look at them crow about fighting for truth.

Anon can be such a hypocritical joke.

Brings back memories of the book , Animal Farm.
edit on 8-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Alot of people hold that sentiment, only knowing and networking with a handfull of sections with anon, I cannot pass judgement, aprat from the fact, the groups I associate with do everything they can to up hold our rights and morals.

Sects such as Anon do not have leaders, thats the point, it can take alot of effort to get everybody to play the same game,

some may be detrimental to the cause, anon recognise this, and strive to stomp it out, alas, the collective rely on the individual.

I think they deserve better press than they currently hold, dont forget, there are many people that want to see these movements divided, confused, and in a complete shambles.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Alot of people hold that sentiment, only knowing and networking with a handfull of sections with anon, I cannot pass judgement, aprat from the fact, the groups I associate with do everything they can to up hold our rights and morals.

Sects such as Anon do not have leaders, thats the point, it can take alot of effort to get everybody to play the same game,

some may be detrimental to the cause, anon recognise this, and strive to stomp it out, alas, the collective rely on the individual.

I think they deserve better press than they currently hold, dont forget, there are many people that want to see these movements divided, confused, and in a complete shambles.

What this world needs , is a collective group of people that will run for office, who are dedicated to fighting for moral uprising in all factions of government.

Anon can only do so much by hacking and exposing secrets. What they need is to rally the people into supporting the honest and moral ones who are willing to run for office, and implement change where change has always been implemented.

Loud boisterous rallies,that cause chaos in the lives of the average citizen will only serve to hinder their agendas, and will ultimately work for the agendas of those they are trying to uproot and get rid of.
edit on 8-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Of course, the fact that we are writing these posts is showing tptb how 'hacked' off people are, so even our rants serve some purpose, because if ats isn't being watched I'll eat my hat.
The membership of ats is phenomenal and seems to be growing, so it's doing something right, and the more info is posted here, the more angry we will become, and tptb ain't that stoopid, they must realise by now that a global tipping point will soon be reached when the people just can't take any more. I am not lazy, unintelligent, or dishonest, so why am I worse off than people who are? We all know the system has never been fair, but it is now so loaded against decent folks that there seems to be little point in participating in it any more.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

How is one to create new movements within the government by "traditional"/"correct" means?

When I was younger I wanted to be an MP.

Want to know what I found out?

There's no hope in hell.

95% of English MPs went to Eton high school.

A local MP representative had worked from the bottom to top starting as local councilor, and reached as far as he could go, when the time came for him to get his promotion into parliament, the door was slammed shut in his face, because he didn't come from the "right" background.

He subsequently quit, and said the system was an abomination.

How do we progress from there?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tazdeill2

I get that. My interests started on the net, just like most peoples.

Just does my noggin in when I hear people calling for action, and yet not instigating any them selves

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

How is one to create new movements within the government by "traditional"/"correct" means?

When I was younger I wanted to be an MP, a politian,

Want to know what I found out?

There's no hope in hell.

95% of English MPs went to Eton high school.

A local MP representative had worked from the bottom to top starting as local councilor, and reached as far as he could go, when the time came for him to get his promotion into parliament, the door was slammed shut in his face, because he didn't come from the "right" background.

He subsequently quit, and said the system was an abomination.

How do we progress from there?

If that is indeed true..that is a very good question. If politics is so crooked as to not let anyone who is moral and honest take a seat in the decision making process, what choices are left?

Basically revolt...and where will that lead the people? Not sure how many being killed, and thrown in jail, will change the system .

I guess a viable solution would be to sabatoge the system somehow , and I can understand those that try to do so, and their need for anonymity as they do so. It takes an incredible amount of foresight, and intelligence to understand what the implications may be to certain actions , and how they will play out with the "domino "strategies of TPTB.

What are your suggestions on progressing in the fight against corruption?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Sadly, every word of that is true.

Suggestions...

That considers a lot of thought.

I do not really have any of my own suggestions, apart from the fact people now need to be seen as people and not security numbers, the only way I can see that happening?

If we all congregate in person, in front of their eyes, so we can be seen and accepted.

Half the world seems to have that idea, as we have seen it spread through the Miiddle East, America, Half of Europe and Canada.

I hoping to see the same in the UK.

Actually, we will, on November 5th, outside parliament (keeping with tradition).
And has been seen with the Assange supporters songregating outside the equadorian embassy.

We need to be public, so our voices can be heard, and yet, sadly, we need to remain anonymous, for fear of persecution. Its a hard thing to balance.

When the numbers are great enough, we can all reveal our selves, like a boycott, power comes in numbers, if a single person told their boss to stick it, they'd be sacked, if everyone did, changes are made.

Ill be at the anon protest in Brum 25th Aug, its a small stand with maybe 130 attendees, but we will do our flyer run, we will take a stand outside Barclays, HSBC, Scientology, and the G4S courts, and we will march peacefully through the Bullring.

We have each been givin instruction on how to compose our selves and respond to police disruption.

We are not to engage, unless engaged with, and we are to comply with all they say, and we can refuse if it violates our rights.

The individual represents the collective, we must maintain decent composure.

Nov 5th Parliament protest, we're exspecting thousands to fly in from over the world.

Some things goota give, and its gotta give soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join