It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's College Record

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I care about his GPA. I care about his school records. I don't see evidence that backs up his claims of having a superior intellect. I want him to prove he has accomplished what he claims. I want proof of his worthiness to have the most important position in the world.

I think knowing this is far more important and relevant to the position of POTUS than a tax return. Timmy G. has already debased the requirement that one should not have shirked their taxes in order to serve in higher office.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

John McCain is completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread.
next.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

In 2008, the dems gave McCain a hard time about his medical records.

In fact, Senator Chuck Schumer was quoted as saying "“When your running for President everything should be public, including your full medical records. I believe in a right for privacy, but when you’re running for President, which is such an important job, the need of the public to know supersedes it.”

Along with Harry Reid....

Now I understand that they were referring to medical records but one can read more into those remarks. Especially when Schumer says "everything should be public".

Both candidates should be required to make public all their records.
Nor should one side attack the other while they themselves are not being fully transparent.

Obama has never been as transparent as he said he was going to be [he ran on that in 2008.... transparency].

And yes, Romney may be hesitant to disclose his tax records due to people judging him for being rich. But his college records as well as his medical records, should be available to the public. As should Obama's.....

When you have 2 top Democrats in 2008 voicing their opinion for transparency in the Presidential candidates, does it only apply to the Republican candidate? Where are they now about Obama and his lack of records?

I say all Presidential candidates records should be available to the public.
They are running for a very powerful position after all.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
hate the scumbag but at least he is more transparent than obama

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Who cares about Romneys tax returns. If there was anything wrong there he'd be in trouble with the IRS- like half of Obamas cronies are. Why is Obama hiding his college records. This is the most secretive president since Nixon.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
There is anther thread about the Republicans wanting to get to Obama's college transcripts but I felt this deserves its own thread. Mitt Romney (no I'm not a fan) has released his records and his grades are available for all to see.

Mitt started out at Stanford University later transferring to Brigham Young University (to be with his wife Ann) eventually graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA.

The young couple moved to Boston so Mitt could attend Harvard Law School. He was also accepted into a joint M.B.A. program at Harvard Business School. Mitt graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School and in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.

So there you have it. Still waiting to know about Obama's college GPA.

link

You say "Mitt Romney has "released his records and his grades are available for all to see." Then you only provide a link to a US News fluff piece that has some biographical information on Romney. No actual college records or transcripts. So where are the actual records, a copy of his transcript, you say he has released?

I could point to any number of fluff pieces that have been written about Obama that contain the same level of information as the one US News did on Romney. Obama graduated Harvard with a Magna Cum Laude, which means he had a 3.756 GPA or higher. His HS has a bio page on Obama and states he was a "B" student (same as Romney).

You failed to provide a link or copy of Romney's college transcript, yet presumably that was what you made this post about.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
You'll be waiting on those records until it is snowing on the hilltops of hell IMO.

At this point I don't think it matters a lot. They are not going to kick him out of office or keep him from running for his second term...no matter the results of ANY finding. The best we can hope for is that he won't be re-elected. I fear that he will though.

BTW, I am no fan of either Romney or Obama. I think they are one in the same.

BTW no fan of either, but I think we would decline more slowly under Romney.
edit on 9-8-2012 by LauraM because: the way i typed it changed his post rather than replying

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LauraM

edit on 9-8-2012 by LauraM because: it was supposed to be a reply

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LauraM

If the race is as close as it seems to be, Obama's college records could make all the difference. There is obviously something bad there or he would have released them.

As far as tax records go- I think that all of congress should have to release theirs. It makes me sick to think about how these politicians get filthy rich "serving the public". I think that there should be a law that politicians are not allowed to earn any income other than their salary while in office. Any investments they had going in should be in a blind account and should reviewed annually to make sure that "insider trading" isn't going on. With these restrictions maybe we could get the bulk of the crooks out of office and into jail where most of them belong

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I don't see evidence that backs up his claims of having a superior intellect.

He graduated from two of the best universities in the USA. And he was a professor.

I want proof of his worthiness to have the most important position in the world.

Worthiness? He was elected. Not to mention he was a senator and a state congressman.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Mitt Romney (no I'm not a fan) has released his records and his grades are available for all to see.

Do you have a link? Because I can't find them. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Not meaning to derail the thread, but the assertions I made in my post are accurate. There is no question whatsoever that The People ARE being victimized by a system and Government that is systematically committing fraud and stacking the deck in their favor. As for me, no, my life hardly sucks. I consider myself quite fortunate. My income is in the top 5% according to the Census Bureau and I work hard to keep it there. But again I assert that we should ALL be playing with the same rules, period.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

reply to post by buddhasystem

John McCain is completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread.
next.

Oh but he is. You see, Mr. McCain's record did not have any effect on any aspect of his pretty successful campaign whatsoever. Why do I need to bother about Romney's record? Or anybody else's?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I care about his GPA. I care about his school records. I don't see evidence that backs up his claims of having a superior intellect. I want him to prove he has accomplished what he claims. I want proof of his worthiness to have the most important position in the world.

Sorry I missed that post of yours and now that I see it, I find it rather incredible. Are you joking or something? Can you try hard and imagine that a person's school (or athletic, or shopping) record has nothing to do with whether they'll serve the nation well?

I think knowing this is far more important and relevant to the position of POTUS than a tax return.

Again, I find it hard to believe that anyone would write that. So if one's tax record demonstrates systematic use of tax havens and what now, in a relentless attempt to shelter hundreds of millions of dollars, that has no bearing on anyone's judgement on the candidate's character? As you are saying, for "the most important position in the world"?

Puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I care about his GPA. I care about his school records. I don't see evidence that backs up his claims of having a superior intellect.

Can you show where he claims to have a superior intellect? I don't remember him making that claim...

I want him to prove he has accomplished what he claims. I want proof of his worthiness to have the most important position in the world.

"Worthiness" is a subjective. What makes a person "worthy" of the presidency? A GPA? And what would prove his scholastic accomplishments to you? A form, released on the Internet, claiming to be his school records? That worked so well for his birth certificate.

I think knowing this is far more important and relevant to the position of POTUS than a tax return.

Your opinion is noted. Good luck finding those all-important grades. If having a high GPA qualifies a person for presidency, then I'm your person. I'm glad to know I'll be getting your vote.

Still waiting for the link to Mitt's grades...

edit on 8/9/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If having a high GPA qualifies a person for presidency, then I'm your person. I'm glad to know I'll be getting your vote.

Hey, I'll be your VP. I won't have problem sending in either transcripts or tax returns for the past 10 years. Yes, I did make deductions for our kids. Is that bad?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Who cares about his college records. People want to see Mittens tax returns.

You do not want to know the academic performance of the President of the United States?

Seriously? I suppose skin color is all that counts or his ability to rub shoulders with Hollywood stars?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

You do not want to know the academic performance of the President of the United States?

As I said, McCain's terrible performance in school didn't matter squat when it came to nomination. Why bother?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Cherry picking BS at its best.

I could care less about tax records. Both 0bama and Romney are wealthy. Who cares.
Tax forms don't show where the money came from, so again, who cares.

College transcripts are more a glimpse into the person, then tax records.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

My pet theory about this at the moment is that Romney hasn't paid his full 10% tithe to his Church, and the release of his records will get the church mad at him right when he least needs this.

He is Temple worthy, so he has paid his 10% in tithing.
Plus, it doesn't work that way, in regards to the Church getting mad. It is between the member and God, and the Bishop receiving the money does not pass judgment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join