It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's College Record

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There is anther thread about the Republicans wanting to get to Obama's college transcripts but I felt this deserves its own thread. Mitt Romney (no I'm not a fan) has released his records and his grades are available for all to see.

Mitt started out at Stanford University later transferring to Brigham Young University (to be with his wife Ann) eventually graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA.

The young couple moved to Boston so Mitt could attend Harvard Law School. He was also accepted into a joint M.B.A. program at Harvard Business School. Mitt graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School and in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.

So there you have it. Still waiting to know about Obama's college GPA.

link

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Who cares about his college records. People want to see Mittens tax returns.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Who cares about his college records. People want to see Mittens tax returns.

Why? to expose him? To what? That hes rich? and he doesn't care about anyone, but himself ?

That is ALL politicians. Hell, these people had to create a bill, so they would police themselves, from doing what they were doing the whole time.

Like everyone else, members of Congress are subject to current insider trading laws. However, current insider trading laws do not apply to nonpublic information about current or upcoming congressional activity -- that's because members of Congress aren't technically obligated to keep that information confidential.

So, for instance, if a lawmaker learns an upcoming bill will grant a company a large government contract, which could boost that company's stock, he or she is free to buy that stock ahead of the bill's public introduction. This form of "insider trading" is one of the reasons why there are so many wealthy members of Congress, CBSNews.com reported earlier this year.

Senators introduce "STOCK Act" to stop "insider trading" in Congress

Unlike YOU, and ONLY focusing on Mitt, I would like to see EVERYONE of these peoples "Tax Records". I wonder if you would cry hypocrite, when you find out they ALL are involved.............

BTW, I cant stand Romney, or Obama.......

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
People are NOT trying to expose Romney by having him release his tax records, they're just trying to hold him accountable.

My pet theory about this at the moment is that Romney hasn't paid his full 10% tithe to his Church, and the release of his records will get the church mad at him right when he least needs this.

It's likely not the power of the people that scares him, it's the full power of the Mormon church that he's afraid of.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
People are NOT trying to expose Romney by having him release his tax records, they're just trying to hold him accountable.

My pet theory about this at the moment is that Romney hasn't paid his full 10% tithe to his Church, and the release of his records will get the church mad at him right when he least needs this.

It's likely not the power of the people that scares him, it's the full power of the Mormon church that he's afraid of.

Shouldn't we hold all Politicians, accountable, regardless if they are rich, poor, Democrat, Republican ?

Your theory about the Church, might make sense, though........

Star for ya.

I think they are ALL hiding something, to some extent.........Everyone has skeletons in their closets.... Everyone.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
You'll be waiting on those records until it is snowing on the hilltops of hell IMO.

At this point I don't think it matters a lot. They are not going to kick him out of office or keep him from running for his second term...no matter the results of ANY finding. The best we can hope for is that he won't be re-elected. I fear that he will though.

BTW, I am no fan of either Romney or Obama. I think they are one in the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
People want to see Mittens tax returns.

Which people would that be?

Those people who were never going to vote for Mittens anyway?

Oh yeah that's right.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

That really is hilarious what about holding the current guy in the oval office who won't release,fast and furious docurments, the bin laden photos or his college transcripts.

Guess accountability only means if there is an R by their names.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Romneys tax returns have been gone over with a fine-toothed comb.

He ran for president in 08 and now. Common sense dictates that the IRS, Justice Department, and the Obama administration have all looked at his records.

This is an attempt at deflection and to point out the disparity and raise the class warfare issue.

It's the only weapon left in the Obama camp.

Obama can't run on his record.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bingo !!

If he could, this would be a non-issue.

This is the glass Obama house is built on..........

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Remember the Buffet rule? Named after the guy who owes 1 billion in back taxes really can't believe they are making the issue of Mittens tax returns.

www.newsmax.com...

edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

sonny, here's the actual picture. Not saying this is representative of the Obama presidency, what actually happened was Biden ran into it chasing a butterfly.

edit on 8-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

Remember the Buffet rule? Named after the guy who owes 1 billion in back taxes really can't believe they are making the issue of Mittens tax returns.

www.newsmax.com...

edit on 8-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

If we're going to focus on tax returns, can we also revisit Tim Geitner's tax returns that he cheated on??

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

www.thedailybeast.com...

townhall.com...

Yeah ole Timmy turbo tax cheat!!!

Seems there are a lot of them

The verdict? Turns out Republicans have the bigger names—Jack Abramoff, Randy “Duke” Cunningham—but Democrats have the most tax scandals by a margin of 18 to 7.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by beezzer

www.thedailybeast.com...

townhall.com...

Yeah ole Timmy turbo tax cheat!!!

Seems there are a lot of them

The verdict? Turns out Republicans have the bigger names—Jack Abramoff, Randy “Duke” Cunningham—but Democrats have the most tax scandals by a margin of 18 to 7.

Yeah! Please lets make tax returns an issue!

Lets talk about tax returns all day long!

Caption: Dang, the tax thing failed as well.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I bet you, if conservatives start hammering away at Obama to release any of his dark sealed secrets, he would shut his big trap about Romney's tax returns!! What is in Obama's transcripts that could bring his presidency to a screeching halt?

Remember the best defense is a powerful offense!! While he is busy beating the tax dead horse, he is on his knees praying to Mecca not to let his dirty little secrets be found out!

pax

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I just feel bad for people who think just because Romney is a wealthy CEO, that he is a capitalist and is going to save the economy.

edit on 8-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I just feel bad for people who think just because Romney is a wealthy CEO, that he is a capitalist and is going to save the economy.

edit on 8-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Obama was a wealthy community organiser and a junior senator.

We can all see the bang-up job HE did!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Taxes are central to this election.....the economy is at the forefront of the populations concerns.....That being said for the last year we have seen a wave of protests against the 1% getting over. Not because it is against the law, but because they have molded the law to fit them.

In 2009, there was a push by the US to get oversea banks to release their documents...especially american investors hiding funds in numbered accounts. This was a big deal but got quickly push to the back burner. It made news for about a week, and I never heard anything more about it.

During that time, there was a big announcement, amnesty for those with money offshore, 'come clean, pay what you owe, and we will keep quiet.'....Does anyone remember this? So when Reid stated that Romney didn't pay taxes for years, he was probably accurate, meaning that Romney had such a spectacular crew that hid money or exempted money to actually not have to owe a single dollar back to the US government. In fact, he probably got a refund, as some of our larger companies see.

The opposite side is probably true as well, that when Romney stated, 'I paid everything I owed.'....holds true as well, when he and his cohorts got together, he was looking at the presidential run again. With the new information that the oversea banks were caving and he couldn't hide his money anymore, he threw his hands up and pulled the IRS in. 'Ok boys, here is what i have, what do i owe?'. all of this was done as most settlements are done, in confidentiality. Hence the reason he is willing to release the last two years, 2011 & 2010, not 2009 or before because then it would be clear that he was either hiding or had come to that settlement.

So with this logic, both Reid and Romney are correct, Romney paid everything he owed, and Romney didn't pay tax for years. If both are correct this is not a bonus for the real life Gordon Gekko.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Mitt isn't releasing his tax information because they'll reveal he's a billionaire, that's with a capital B.

It would become obvious from the amount of money he's made off his investments and the possible interest he's getting on them. Max Keiser did a story on it.

The American populace has become used to electing millionaires, as scary as that is, but a Billionaire??? With Cayman Island and Swiss bank accounts, a 401K worth over 100 million, and a trust fund for the kiddies to the tune of another 100 million? Not to mention all those frugal, humble houses he owns.

Seriously, think this through. What's a billionaire want with the Presidency? This is about HIS ego, and his handler's PLANS.

Check out Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate. He'll be on the ballot in all 50 states, he's sane and honest (probably to a fault), and the MSM is terrified everyone will find out about him.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join