It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something happened today I want to share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
With all of the terrible news happening these days I wanted to share with you an email I just sent to my Brother and then ask a couple questions about it later.

Well this morning about 4:30 I went out to water, the night was quiet and the sun light was just about to peak on the horizon... Out on Hwy 32...

I hear tires squealing then metal crunching, crashing and finally no sound and then tree's snapping, crunching and finally silence.

Running as fast as I could for the house I get in the door and run for the phone to alert 911, calling out for Jeff to put his pants on lets go there has been a terrible accident.

Grabbing some paper towels and a bath towel that was left drying on the porch rail, we headed out. (did that without thought)

We are first on the scene, a lady born in 53, petite, dressed nice going to the court house to start her job as a voting register.

When we pulled up and pass the vehicle which was wedged up in a group of tree's, it looked like a little compact, we could see movement in the front seat. Turns out it is a large truck like an F150 that had been compressed and compacted.

Anyway Jeff jumps out first, lets her know help is on the way. (We were prepared to pull her out if the truck was on fire or any gas leaking)

I began to help assess the situation and tried to keep her calm. Her arm was sticking out of the left window and cut deeply. Used the paper towels to stop the bleeding, used the towel to place under the arm safe from the twisted metal and glass.

There was no room left in the vehicle, it was crunched in all around her, the broken windshield was within inches of her face. The side door was crushing her left leg which was halfway covered by the door.

I began asking the usual questions and she was able to answer although I got several different answers when repeating the same as time went on. About 10 minutes later help began to show up.

As you can imagine it took the jaws of life to cut her out. I tried to get back out of the way but each time I let go her hand she began to tremble and shake violently. I would hold her hand again, look her in the eyes and let her know how lucky she is and how everything was going to be alright. She would stop shaking and remain calm as long as I was there.

When the jaws of life started wedging her out, she began shaking again as I stepped back so I stepped back up, held her hand and just shut my eyes against the shattering glass. They got her in a neck brace and lifted her onto the gurney and into the ambulance. Thank God she was in one piece.

Anyway, it's weird I always thought I would be ok in an emergency, and I am I guess, but what I do not understand is why afterwards I cried for her a total stranger, truly grateful that it was not worse and have not been able to shake this feeling of tiredness and thinking of her well being all day.

I would like to go visit her in the hospital, but is that intruding? How do you and Di do it every day? Does this mean I am not suitable for the healthcare profession? Do you ever get personally affected by your patients? Talk later, I think I will go read and lay down for a while. Love Sis

The lady kept telling me and my son that we were her Angels, that we had somehow saved her life, but we just did what was needed. So why are there so many crazy people right now trying to best one another with these insane acts of violence against their fellow humans?

Why can someone risk their lives to jump in and save someone like this woman? What is the difference and do we all have the capacity to help a stranger or is this some kind of connectedness that happens in a world where there are no coincidence's?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How the Angel thing came about I have to say was because looking in the front cab at the reality which was crushing in on her, I looked in her eyes and told her you have an Angel watching over you this morning, and that was when in her shocked state she cried out that I was her Angel, it is not that I am anything special or Angelic far from it lol. Really to be honest she/they were all lucky I did not show up on the scene in what I was or more like it not wearing while out watering in the gardens when the accident happened, (purple polo and undies, lol...)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
One time while living in Sedona Oak Creek canyon, the Creek was flooded and we could not safely cross from our home to get into town but my mom and I did so anyway. We figured that we could make it but ended up foolishly stuck in the middle practically being swept away while tourists stood on the banks taking pictures of us climbing out onto the windowsills.

When all hop was lost this guy came out of nowhere and took some rope out of his trunk, waded through the rushing waters and tied it to our bumper then attached it to ours and pulled us out, before we could even get out of the car to thank him, he was nowhere in sight!!!

We always thought of him as our Guardian Angel, we really had no other explanation.

So in a way, to go see this lady at the hospital would be like taking credit where there is none to give, and it could take away the gift of an Angel being there if that is how she remembers the accident.

Anyway, I was up really early this morning, and instead of going back to bed I just got up and started the day a couple hours early. And when I rushed out the door I grabbed the towel and paper towels without a thought.

Coincidence?

I always try to remind people to follow their instincts, their intuition, but it is so easy to just curl back up for a few more sweet dreams before waking for the day, this time I walked the talk and for this lady it was meant to be.

Doing what is right I guess does not always have to do with yourself, it can be for a total stranger.
edit on 7-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Not to sure what i can say but, the world needs more people like yourself and husband.

The world would be infinitaley better if people would help their fellow human being without stopping to think of themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Some qualities are simply innate to the individual.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I had an inncidet like this on a country Highway, my brother in law woke me up at 5:00am saying he heard a car crash. We went running out in front of the house to see a car flipped over in the cornfield across the road. A 19 yr old was walking around dazed. I ran to the house and got a blanket to wrap her in as my brother in law talked to her. The paramedics arrived and took her away. He stayed and talked to the state patrol they assessed she had flown through her sun roof and was thrown out of the vehicle. We were panicked and wanted to know if she was ok, we called the hospital and explained the situation.

The hospital staff asked the family if it was ok for them to share the info on her daughter, they gladly said yes and we were told she was ok. About 3 hrs later she and her family stopped at the house, she suffered a concussion and brusing, but was alive and ok. I hope your story can have the same end, she was blessed to have you and Jeff close by.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You were indeed her angel that day. Good job!!

Back in 07 I was struck by a mini-van as a pedestrian. People could hear me scream from one end of the plaza to the other. One lady kept talking to me and reassuring me that help was on its way and not to move. She stroked my hair, asked me where I hurt etc. She just kept talking in her soothing voice and kept me distracted and calm. Before she came along all I could think of was, am I going to die, will I be paralyized for life, do I have internal bleeding, have I broken anything? She was just one of my angels that day. Others were trying to give me encouragement as well.

As human beings we are connected and should always have compassion for others.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

imho,

it boils down to heart . . . and heart-level will exercised in the direction of redemptive choices and actions.

Personally, I believe my heart and heart-level will are most . . . enhanced, multiplied, because of my relationship with the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Peter et al . . .

That Loving God and loving people makes the main sense and provides the main reason for getting up in the morning, for loving others and loving myself.

I don't think folks who's values are:

"there is no right or wrong" . . . "man is nothing more than a rat, a radish, a pigeon or a rock" have much of a foundation for loving themselves or others--strangers, or not.

IF AND WHEN there is some sort of philosophical/spiritual foundation then such acts of self-less heroism are more probable.

Others without that as an owned conscious values substrate MAY on occasion do selfless acts. However, at least in the Judeo/Christian founded Western cultures as well as the Buddhist cultures . . . there is still a cultural norm, ideal, expectation, meme . . . valuing selfless deeds.

Nevertheless, there's tons of selfish greed, abuse, anger etc. afflicting perpetrators and victims alike in our era . . . and the fruit of such will continue to grow in ugliness.

Acting contrary to the cultural flood of evil currently sweeping the planet is heroic regardless of how small or large such an act may be. And, personally, the universal law of reaping what we sow is sufficient reason to behave admirably, honorably, . . . self-lessly.

Whether we construe it as "the universe" or God almighty . . . there is a payback . . . more sure than most things in our era.

new topics

top topics

join